Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
2449 replies to this topic

#2041 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Looks like Black Widow may actually be a thing.

http://variety.com/2...ter-1202643908/

Nice. Now let's give Hawkeye that Neflix show, which his actor admitted a long time ago he'd be more than down for.

So Fox Marvel:

Gambit looses its 3rd Director, Deadpool 2 moved up to May 18th, New Mutants delayed by 10 months

http://www.tracking-...-moves-to-2019/

Credit where it's due. They're really trying to make this Gambit thing happen, even though their Mutant film landscape is in nowhere near the proper condition for them to do so  :lolxg:

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2042 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

I didn't even think about this....This move just gets more retarded as the day goes by (And don't get me started at how NM could have been the perfect answer to the whole superhero fatigue thing that's gonna be super strong this year, with it being a full fledged horror film

I will say that perhaps I have fallen victim to superhero fatigue since I'm not hyped for most Marvel/DC offerings this year save for BP which I hope is actually unique unlike the other MCU films people insist are unique but aren't really. That is why I actually liked the direction Fox was taking their Marvel properties except F4. I drifted from my point which is that based on the bank the average MCU movie makes it's hard for me to argue that there is widespread superhero fatigue, I said I feel it and those like me like to make it known that they're sick and tired of these godamn superheroes in their godamn movies, but that doesn't really matter in the face of the masses who happily lap it up. It really is a case of the vocal minority which makes it seem bigger than it is. Movie industry snobs also like to make clickbaity headlines about superhero fatigue based on edge-cases like JL while ignoring stuff like WW. Is it possible that superherofatigue might come hard and fast? Sure. But based on the fact that all three MCU movies (all of which I'm indifferent to) made over 850+ mil and BP had the highest fast day advanced ticket sales of any MCU movie as well as the records broken by the IW trailer I can't imagine this 'll be the year the much ballyhooed "superhero" fatigue will set in (for the MCU at least).

• Tokoya likes this

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#2043 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

ant-man-and-the-wasp-1075223.jpeg

• Tokoya, Vl731 and YoWid like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#2044 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Eh. Would like the wasp costume to be brighter.

#2045 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Thor Ragnarok

6/10

Very underwhelming,the comedic tone did nothing for me.This is a movie i have no intention of re watching in future.

#2046 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Eh. Would like the wasp costume to be brighter.

I'll always miss the bright yellow

#2047 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

I will say that perhaps I have fallen victim to superhero fatigue since I'm not hyped for most Marvel/DC offerings this year save for BP which I hope is actually unique unlike the other MCU films people insist are unique but aren't really. That is why I actually liked the direction Fox was taking their Marvel properties except F4. I drifted from my point which is that based on the bank the average MCU movie makes it's hard for me to argue that there is widespread superhero fatigue, I said I feel it and those like me like to make it known that they're sick and tired of these godamn superheroes in their godamn movies, but that doesn't really matter in the face of the masses who happily lap it up. It really is a case of the vocal minority which makes it seem bigger than it is. Movie industry snobs also like to make clickbaity headlines about superhero fatigue based on edge-cases like JL while ignoring stuff like WW. Is it possible that superherofatigue might come hard and fast? Sure. But based on the fact that all three MCU movies (all of which I'm indifferent to) made over 850+ mil and BP had the highest fast day advanced ticket sales of any MCU movie as well as the records broken by the IW trailer I can't imagine this 'll be the year the much ballyhooed "superhero" fatigue will set in (for the MCU at least).

I think superhero Fatigue is going to happen after IW. I doubt marvel would be able to bring the hype to miss marvel.

BP might do well but after than and IW, i do not see the comics hype machine keeping the hype. Women superhero done that with WW, so were do comics go from here? 

After IW, they should go on break for like 5-10 years. Then bring back comic movies.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2048 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

I think superhero Fatigue is going to happen after IW. I doubt marvel would be able to bring the hype to miss marvel.

BP might do well but after than and IW, i do not see the comics hype machine keeping the hype. Women superhero done that with WW, so were do comics go from here?

After IW, they should go on break for like 5-10 years. Then bring back comic movies.

Arguably superhero fatigue has already began

As shown by the DCEU

Marvel will probably still do somewhat well after Infinity War
But we probably will need more stuff like Logan and New Mutants

#2049 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

As shown by the DCEU

The only thing the DCEU has shown is terrible use and writing of their properties. Well except Wonder Woman.

• YoWid and Chillman like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2050 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

The only thing the DCEU has shown is terrible use and writing of their properties. Well except Wonder Woman.

Yup which has lead to depleting box office and can make some people less excited to see another superhero movie

Edited by secretzfan, 25 January 2018 - 12:03 AM.

#2051 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

As shown by the DCEU

Marvel will probably still do somewhat well after Infinity War
But we probably will need more stuff like Logan and New Mutants

They have no big names coming up after IW.

JL was better than thor 3

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2052 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Spiderman sequel
Captain Marvel

Profit says otherwise

#2053 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

Spiderman sequel
Captain Marvel

Profit says otherwise

what goes up must come down.

I really doubt marvel keeps up its momentum after IW.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2054 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

Not sure if for Captain Marvel or Avengers 4 because they are shooting both at the same time:

DUaMYFrV4AAFUHb.jpg

DUaMZVdU0AAukeg.jpg

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#2055 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,188 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

Not sure if for Captain Marvel or Avengers 4 because they are shooting both at the same time:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaMYFrV4AAF...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaMZVdU0AAu...

She looks like she's ready to kill someone in the second one lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2056 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

That's the costume?

#2057 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Yeah. I don't agree. They were pretty even.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2058 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Only cause they haven't announced much after part 2

or whatever they call it

Suuuuurree I mean if you like giant flying green screens 

#2059 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

I don't see a Marvel anime thread, did i close it or is it because it sucks lol but wanted to know if anyone knows on how much the old X-men AS(anime series)followed the comic if at all, cause that show was the shit imo, along with BTAS?

Edited by Doan, 26 January 2018 - 09:09 PM.

Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#2060 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

I don't see a Marvel anime thread, did i close it or is it because it sucks lol but wanted to know if anyone knows on how much the old X-men AS(anime series)followed the comic if at all, cause that show was the shit imo, along with BTAS?

Anime? 

If you want a X-Men "Anime," then you'd be looking for the one by Madhouse (along with the Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade, and the two films they did around Iron Man then lastly Widow & Punisher). Though I wouldn't recommend it. As that show (along with the others) was a complete bore, with bad plot and characterization. lol

In any case I believe your talking about the TAS (The Animated Series), going by your mentioning of Batman TAS.

As for how well they did with in comparison of the comics? Well they obviously adapted stories from the comics, but not in exact nature and also did their own thing with it as well. Just like how the creators of Batman: The Animated Series and it's later sequels, along with connected series (Superman TAS, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited). Partial or Majority of notable elements were adapted, but enough of something different to be it's own thing. 

Edited by Narubi, 27 January 2018 - 01:04 PM.

• Doan likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users