Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
2125 replies to this topic

#2061 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

If you want a X-Men "Anime," then you'd be looking for the one by Madhouse (along with the Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade,

The Blade anime was pretty good actually.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2062 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:12 AM

The Blade anime was pretty good actually.

A lot of them sucked but I adored Black Widow Punisher
I own that one on DVD

#2063 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

Saw the latest Spiderman movie. I know I'm late.

Worst super hero movie as far I am concerned.

Because it didn't had a single thing which made Spiderman great. Spiderman was someone who has to struggle to handle his both lives. Someone who needs to think about mortal stuffs like money, bills, etc. Someone who doesn't need Tony Stark to guide him on his responsibilities.

Not really interested in seeing sequels.

Edited by strixflash, 28 January 2018 - 09:43 AM.

banner.gif

#2064 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Saw the latest Spiderman movie. I know I'm late.

Worst super hero movie as far I am concerned.

Because it didn't had a single thing which made Spiderman great. Spiderman was someone who has to struggle to handle his both lives. Someone who needs to think about mortal stuffs like money, bills, etc. Someone who doesn't need Tony Stark to guide him on his responsibilities.

Not really interested in seeing sequels.

Sorry just a little confused here. Firstly you do realize this is kid Peter right? 

Secondly if a kid has to deal with a lot of mortal stuff (Are u not mortal or something?) and has a hard time with it wouldn't he there by need a mentor. Don't care if u didn't like the movie but your argument baffles me

• Tokoya likes this

#2065 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Sorry just a little confused here. Firstly you do realize this is kid Peter right?

Secondly if a kid has to deal with a lot of mortal stuff (Are u not mortal or something?) and has a hard time with it wouldn't he there by need a mentor. Don't care if u didn't like the movie but your argument baffles me

What I mean is that Peter's challenge with financial issues while maintaining his secret identify has always been one of most definitive trait of his character and the comic plot. The movie skipped on what made Spiderman... The spiderman. The original trilogy has all that. In the new movie the main struggles were removed all thanks by giving him a billionaire mentor.

As for responsibilities. I thought Uncle Ben's final words were more than enough. Honestly Stark wasn't needed in plot but of course they have to use him for selling movie.
banner.gif

#2066 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

What I mean is that Peter's challenge with financial issues while maintaining his secret identify has always been one of most definitive trait of his character and the comic plot. The movie skipped on what made Spiderman... The spiderman. The original trilogy has all that. In the new movie the main struggles were removed all thanks by giving him a billionaire mentor.

As for responsibilities. I thought Uncle Ben's final words were more than enough. Honestly Stark wasn't needed in plot but of course they have to use him for selling movie.

But that is the problem with the idea of spiderman. How can people like Stark leave the kid alone to his own devices when they live in the same world?

A. spiderman is a super hero and shield should or would recruit him.

B. He makes a spider web and other things so every scientist hero should be interested in the kids future. (stark, pym, banner, and others)

The whole trying to take on the world by himself doesn't work when there are other super heroes running around.

• Tokoya likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2067 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

But that is the problem with the idea of spiderman. How can people like Stark leave the kid alone to his own devices when they live in the same world?

A. spiderman is a super hero and shield should or would recruit him.
B. He makes a spider web and other things so every scientist hero should be interested in the kids future. (stark, pym, banner, and others)

The whole trying to take on the world by himself doesn't work when there are other super heroes running around.

Instead of having iron man find out who peter parker is they should have made him just meet Spiderman.

Obviously its like you said. Stark knowing that he is a kid will make him be there, even if just a bit but that kind of negates the original comic story.
Peter Parker got power, he uses his powers only for his own benefits. Uncle Ben tried to stop a robber and gets shot. Peter asks why did he do it and Ben tells him he had the power to do it(he didn't), it was he responsibility. Peter sees that if a regular guy without powers can stop or try to stop a robber then he can do way more than that. He also sees that if he stops bad guys, people like Ben don;t have to die.
Peter becomes Spiderman and over the years he does so many mistakes and little by little he evolves and has such character developments that people can see themselves at least at one point of the ladder he is climbing. The ladder to become a top notch hero. Not saying he did everything by himself because there were so many friends, allies and enemies interacting with him that he ends up taking from them at least a few advice's. His journey started at high school an we see him go to college and latter working and living his adult life.

2 or 3 chats with Stark wont amount to all the character development I mentioned above.
Peter Parker never had someone tell him when to go. He figured it out by himself. Stark ruins this.

Not going to say the movie was bad but it took little from the original story.
This movie felt as if it made for millenniums and as such was dripping in this MCU style that all marvel movies have.
Its like they didn't see "inside out", sad moments are brief while the rest of themovie is packed with action and comedy.
Example:
In ragnarok Thor loses is dad, hammer, left eye and the place where he grew up but people only remember the action and the comedy.

Edited by Abaroxa, 29 January 2018 - 08:37 AM.

#2068 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

Instead of having iron man find out who peter parker is they should have made him just meet Spiderman.

Obviously its like you said. Stark knowing that he is a kid will make him be there, even if just a bit but that kind of negates the original comic story.
Peter Parker got power, he uses his powers only for his own benefits. Uncle Ben tried to stop a robber and gets shot. Peter asks why did he do it and Ben tells him he had the power to do it(he didn't), it was he responsibility. Peter sees that if a regular guy without powers can stop or try to stop a robber then he can do way more than that. He also sees that if he stops bad guys, people like Ben don;t have to die.
Peter becomes Spiderman and over the years he does so many mistakes and little by little he evolves and has such character developments that people can see themselves at least at one point of the ladder he is climbing. The ladder to become a top notch hero. Not saying he did everything by himself because there were so many friends, allies and enemies interacting with him that he ends up taking from them at least a few advice's. His journey started at high school an we see him go to college and latter working and living his adult life.

2 or 3 chats with Stark wont amount to all the character development I mentioned above.
Peter Parker never had someone tell him when to go. He figured it out by himself. Stark ruins this.

Not going to say the movie was bad but it took little from the original story.
This movie felt as if it made for millenniums and as such was dripping in this MCU style that all marvel movies have.
Its like they didn't see "inside out", sad moments are brief while the rest of themovie is packed with action and comedy.
Example:
In ragnarok Thor loses is dad, hammer, left eye and the place where he grew up but people only remember the action and the comedy.

Well you are asking a tech genius not to be interest in a kid that have shown engineering, biology, chemical feats.

Making web shooters is enough for him to be on anyone's radar. Both Pym and Stark should be arguing who gets this kid first.

Like i said it doesn't work with the rest of MCU running around. You cannot have stark not interest in the kid just because you want him to grow up in an harsh environment.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2069 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:03 AM

Well you are asking a tech genius not to be interest in a kid that have shown engineering, biology, chemical feats.

Making web shooters is enough for him to be on anyone's radar. Both Pym and Stark should be arguing who gets this kid first.

Like i said it doesn't work with the rest of MCU running around. You cannot have stark not interest in the kid just because you want him to grow up in an harsh environment.

No what I said.
What I said was that if there was a way o introduce spiderman in CA-WS without revealing peter parker identity to stark, then they should have done it.
Stark doesn't have an all seeing/ all knowing software. They didn't even bother to explain how he found out, stark watched a few videos and next thing we know he was in queens recruiting the kid.
They should have gone with the ultimate universe approach where shield knows and they only found because spiderman was reckless in one of his fights. But spiderman never depended on them or waited for orders and instructions.
Not saying he has to grow up in an harsh environment but if thats what made spiderman then so be it.

#2070 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:02 AM

No what I said.
What I said was that if there was a way o introduce spiderman in CA-WS without revealing peter parker identity to stark, then they should have done it.
Stark doesn't have an all seeing/ all knowing software. They didn't even bother to explain how he found out, stark watched a few videos and next thing we know he was in queens recruiting the kid.
They should have gone with the ultimate universe approach where shield knows and they only found because spiderman was reckless in one of his fights. But spiderman never depended on them or waited for orders and instructions.
Not saying he has to grow up in an harsh environment but if thats what made spiderman then so be it.

It is call Jarvis.

That would be retard. It is like none of the avengers helping out iron man in iron man 3. The president could have died and where was Captain america? Once again in this universe what happen makes sense. It doesn't make sense for iron man not to be in spider-man's life.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2071 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

27331628_10155996657467488_3946506200920

Edited by Royal_King, 30 January 2018 - 10:01 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#2072 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

• Tokoya likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

#2073 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

DVW259hUMAMzBt4.jpg

• Tokoya, secretzfan, Urek Mazino and 1 other like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

#2074 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

OOOOOO YEEEAAA BABBY look at all those beautiful bullets on this sexy body

Edited by secretzfan, 06 February 2018 - 10:10 AM.

#2075 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

It is call Jarvis.

That would be retard. It is like none of the avengers helping out iron man in iron man 3. The president could have died and where was Captain america? Once again in this universe what happen makes sense. It doesn't make sense for iron man not to be in spider-man's life.

Same can be said about CA:WS but it worked out fine. Right?

Look at the Ant-Man, he had a movie all by himself. Not all villains have to be a global threat. They made it work in the ultimate universe for the 1st 300 issues, why wouldn't it work now?
Make the avengers notice him after something big happens like saving a school bus packed with kids from falling into the river or stopping a non-stop train from killing hundreds of people.
If the vulture was stealing tech from the company Hammer there would be no need for most of the interaction with stark.
They just used robert downey jr to help promote the movie and to make a great emphasis on the fact that spidey was now on the MCU.

I get that most say it was a necessary step for spidey to join the avengers since the movie is coming out in a few months. My question is do they really need to know spidey is a teen? and boost his growth for him to be in the movie?

#2076 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

• Tokoya, JDG973, Doan and 1 other like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

#2077 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Trailer Tomorrow

DVcwG-jU0AI_nVA.jpg

• Tokoya, secretzfan and Urek Mazino like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

#2078 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

HXZmyoy.jpg

#2079 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

Same can be said about CA:WS but it worked out fine. Right?

Look at the Ant-Man, he had a movie all by himself. Not all villains have to be a global threat. They made it work in the ultimate universe for the 1st 300 issues, why wouldn't it work now?
Make the avengers notice him after something big happens like saving a school bus packed with kids from falling into the river or stopping a non-stop train from killing hundreds of people.
If the vulture was stealing tech from the company Hammer there would be no need for most of the interaction with stark.
They just used robert downey jr to help promote the movie and to make a great emphasis on the fact that spidey was now on the MCU.

I get that most say it was a necessary step for spidey to join the avengers since the movie is coming out in a few months. My question is do they really need to know spidey is a teen? and boost his growth for him to be in the movie?

Yes not all villains are a global threat but spiderman is a super hero running around new york saving people. Why would stark or shield look into him. Why would they stop just because he is a hero on their side. They are going to fine everything about him. 

i do not see how this movie is going to work and it is funny that it is in SF instead of new york.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2080 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, that trailer for Venom looks like trash. No disrespect to Tom Hardy at all, but I just don't see that film being good. May very well wait for it to come out on DVD or fall back on the good old online bootleg  :lolxg:  :lolxg:  :lolxg:

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users