Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
2121 replies to this topic

#2081 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Yes not all villains are a global threat but spiderman is a super hero running around new york saving people. Why would stark or shield look into him. Why would they stop just because he is a hero on their side. They are going to fine everything about him. 

i do not see how this movie is going to work and it is funny that it is in SF instead of new york.

It pretty meh. I mean it needs to sell me cause this is one Im not really planning on seeing. 

#2082 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

Today is the day.

giphy.gif?w=480&h=270

Edited by DarkNemesis, 16 February 2018 - 06:52 AM.

• Tokoya, secretzfan and Ace1225 like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2083 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

I already got my Black Panther playlist read and a bunch of Black Panther volumes too. They hype is real.

#2084 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,073 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Recently saw the Black Panther film, and it's .... not that good. 

2.5/5

Edited by Narubi, 17 February 2018 - 03:36 AM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#2085 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

If you like Winter Soldier, you'll like Black Panther. I give both 8.5/10.

• Ace1225 and Chillman like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2086 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,598 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

so it is a spy movie?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2087 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

so it is a spy movie?

It's as political as WS and has as much action. Plus the characters (for Marvel) have depth. It's a good story all around.

• Fenrix likes this

Spoiler

#2088 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,598 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

It's as political as WS and has as much action. Plus the characters (for Marvel) have depth. It's a good story all around.

You mean bad spy movie or a spy movie.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2089 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

You mean bad spy movie or a spy movie.

I mean a good movie that has political themes, action, and depth.

Spoiler

#2090 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,017 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

That movie might have cracked my Top 5
  • Ace1225 and Chillman like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2091 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

Recently saw the Black Panther film, and it's .... not that good. 

2.5/5

What's your idea of a good movie?

#2092 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

Only Civil War is better than Winter Soldier in the MCU, so that sounds promising. 

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#2093 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

so it is a spy movie?

Well it does have some spy elements

Spoiler Movie Ref

Ok so I saw the film and it is pretty good. It not amazing to me though. I enjoyed a lot of it. The world is beautiful and looks stunning. However a lot of the action sequences are very weak. There was only one real action sequence that I was like. That was amazing. Ok maybe 2, but that a big maybe. The first half is interesting, but it takes a bit of time to real start. Micheal B Jordan is great as a villain and so is Klaw. Both are really great additions. 

And OMG the surprise appearance of 

Spoiler

Was amazing. 

The movie has its flaws but I had fun. 

Heck I legit want to read Preist's run of Black Panther now. Couldn't say that after Doctor Strange

#2094 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,017 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:17 PM

Spoiler Movie Ref

Ok so I saw the film and it is pretty good. It not amazing to me though. I enjoyed a lot of it. The world is beautiful and looks stunning. However a lot of the action sequences are very weak. There was only one real action sequence that I was like. That was amazing. Ok maybe 2, but that a big maybe. The first half is interesting, but it takes a bit of time to real start. Micheal B Jordan is great as a villain and so is Klaw. Both are really great additions.

Spoiler

Was amazing.

Heck I legit want to read Preist's run of Black Panther now. Couldn't say that after Doctor Strange

Priest kinda turned me off of Justice League a bit too after the latest issue....Like the narrative isn't bad or anything but I just feel like he doesn't have a good handle of the characters

Spoiler

Edited by Tokoya, 17 February 2018 - 05:18 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2095 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Spoiler

• Tokoya likes this

Spoiler

#2096 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

Watched it this afternoon, but forget to come in here and comment on it. Don't really feel like doing a long write-up, but it was fantastic. The soundtrack, the designs, the characters, the fight scenes, all excellent. I have no major complaints. 9/10 in my opinion and easily one of the best Marvel films and superhero films in general. As far as the MCU is concerned, this makes it into my Top 5. Honestly, there aren't many solo hero films that compete with this in my opinion and i'll also say that Killmonger is one of the best villains we've had.

Spoiler Movie Ref

Spoiler

Was amazing. 

Do it. Can't stress enough how important Priest is for Black Panther as a character and how good the run is. It's like...Christopher Priest is for Black Panther what someone like Grant Morrison is for Animal Man, or Geoff Johns is for the Justice Society of America and Green Lantern, or even James Robinson for Starman. This is to say that he gets the character, what he's about, and his run really encapsulates everything great about the character and his section of the comic book world. 

• Chillman likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2097 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

and i'll also say that Killmonger is one of the best villains we've had.

That's a good side question. Who has been the best villain in the MCU? Off the top of my head, I think Zemo is the best.

Spoiler

#2098 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,017 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

That's a good side question. Who has been the best villain in the MCU? Off the top of my head, I think Zemo is the best.

For me it was Loki and Hela but Erik tops them both imo
  • Ace1225 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2099 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

Killmonger is my favorite MCU villain.  Up until now, my favorite was probably Obadiah Stane, from way back in the first Iron Man film. I'll always think (And my friend and I even talked about this today lol) that he was wasted in that film. Great appearance, but so much more could've been done with a slower buildup and multiple appearances. But yeah, I think i'd say Killmonger is the best to me as well. Combines a solid amount of good acting, intelligence, physical skills, manipulation, and the ability, as a character, to draw sympathy from the viewers. Not to spoil the film for anyone, but he also makes a good argument during the film itself and even goes a long way towards actually accomplishing his goal. 

Zemo is a great villain, to be sure, but he lacks presence. I really can't think of anything he did that was all that memorable or something that i'll think of years from now and go "Damn, that was an amazing moment in the film". Joker had that in The Dark Knight. That X-factor that just pushes the villain to the next level. Darkseid had it in Superman the Animated Series/Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. That mood changer that makes you go "Oh shit, this is serious" whenever he walked onto the screen. Kingpin had it in Daredevil. That implied menace and the later ability to carry it out. Zemo is a manipulator, a behind the scenes kind of guy. And that's great. It's effective. The aftermath of Civil War proved that. He played everyone for fools. I'll always give him props for success in terms of simple accomplishments and efficiency. But would I ever want to see him again? No.

• secretzfan likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2100 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Priest kinda turned me off of Justice League a bit too after the latest issue....Like the narrative isn't bad or anything but I just feel like he doesn't have a good handle of the characters

Spoiler

I haven't read the latest issue of justice League back Comicstorian posted a meme on Twitter that I saw of it 

Spoiler

It also seemed like Preist knew what he was doing when Jess said the line before doing what she did

Edited by secretzfan, 18 February 2018 - 08:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users