Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
2125 replies to this topic

#2121 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

So what the rule again for how long film is out before spoiler tags is no longer needed?

I don't know think we had one. Shows are 24 to 48 hours.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2122 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

So what the rule again for how long film is out before spoiler tags is no longer needed?

fire away and forget about spoiler tags

24gvaiu.jpg

#2123 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,017 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Wait until the end of the week

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2124 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

Wait until the end of the week

yo chill. lol
  • Tokoya likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2125 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:33 AM

I don't know enough about the comics but do writers really hype BP's intelligence? I know that he's top 8 but I always thought he was around the middle at most. The cool thing about BP for me is that he's an all rounder character like Batman. I do know that BM's intelligence fluctuates from 2nd smartest on Earth (after Lex) to less smart than Mr. Terrific and other genius villains. Most of the smart people aren't nearly as good fighters as either BM/BP in there verse nor is the intelligence strategically focused like either character which is what makes them cool since they're ready for more situations than most other characters.

It's not necessarily Black Panther's intelligence per se, it's Wakanda as a whole. For example, assuming that it hasn't been retconned, Wakanda has both the cure for cancer and global warming...And that's apparently just because of, I don't know, Vibranium or them being home to the greatest geniuses in the world. (Black Panther also has a Galactus Plan, as in a plan for Wakanda to deal with Galactus, presumably on its own, which has never been implemented). And that's the kind of thing that not even Reed Richards or Tony Stark or Hank McCoy has ever been shown to accomplish in my opinion. I know that, right before Secret War, there was even a villain that Reed encountered who had the cure for cancer, but didn't use it for that purpose (Because villains gotta villain) and Reed was outright shocked by it, as if curing cancer was something so unfathomable that not doing it is in itself a terrible thing. It's never said that Black Panther was involved in the cancer or global warming issues, as far as I remember, but unless one of the previous Panthers was even smarter than T'Challa and then even smarter than any of the 7-9 other super geniuses in the world, he must've been involved. In which case it goes back to what I was saying: Wakanda is treated as this place where all these things can happen, but they can only happen there. On the smaller scale, that's fine. I don't need to see the Marvel United States being that advanced, but it becomes problematic when we're comparing the likes of Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and, hell, even Doctor Doom, to Black Panther and Wakanda. So, if all of these people are around T'Challa's level of intelligence, then, outside of areas of expertise, there's not really a reason they shouldn't be capable of doing what he does.

Though on a greater level this exact thing is probably why you shouldn't have comic book characters curing cancer and such, because then it begs the question of why it's not cured across the board or by someone equally smart, and becomes silly. You can have Lex Luthor cure cancer, because he'd try to milk it for money anyways. Have Reed do it and he'd probably give it away for free, realistically. 

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2126 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 AM

Reed Richards Is Useless

Cut Lex Luthor a Check

• Ace1225 likes this

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users