Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
2359 replies to this topic

#2341 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

Watched Black Panther so 'better late than never review'-

The Good - They really fleshed the world, er, country building for Wakanda. From the 'suburbs/hick' areas to the 'urban/high tech' areas, Wakanda did look like a real country. Also using real life examples for the fictional 'Wakanda Tribes' was also good. The Black Panther/T'Challa was not a Gary Stu like I feared he would be.

The Bad - Anyone else getting sick of blatantly evil comic book characters be made 'viewer sympathetic' in the movies? First was Zemo(who is a frickin' NAZI in the comics!) and now Killmonger. What's next, some tragic backstory for Thanos, the guy who wants to nuke the Universe because of his hard-on for Death. . .oh wait. . .

The Ugly - Not much on the humor. Shuri's likability went straight down the toilet the moment she uttered the words 'White Colonizer'.(And she apparently she said some stupid things to Bruce Banner in Infinity War.) Why that line was stupid and unnecessary - If the Marvel Movie History is the same as real life history then when Europe was basically in control of Africa, they never found out about Wakanda. Also Wakanda did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fight against the 'White Colonizers'. Shuri's blatant racist comment to someone who wasn't even alive during European colonization of Africa was about as stupid and hypocritical as it gets. And the fact that the person she directly insulted was the one who really saved Wakanda and the rest of the Planet by directly risking his own life to blow up those ships should not be lost on people.

How is that a racist comment? White people colonize different parts of the world. This sounds like the other complaint I saw from babies. People were complaining about her saying she fix another white boy.  They made it sound like she fix his attitude or something when it was she heal them. 

2. That was the whole point of the movie. Killmonger blames wakanda for doing nothing. 

• Ace1225 likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2342 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

So Spidey vs captain was totally wrong in civil war.

Captain had a lot of troubles defeating bucky in CA-WS specially when using the metal arm, but in civil war here comes the friendly neighbor that stops bucky with ease.
Captain american should have never pulled spiderman the way he did. This was just plot armour and well fans now like captain america.
Lets also talk about intent. Captain didn't know spidey full capability and yet he let a plane fall on him. He clearly tried to kill spiderman. Captain is a bad person.

Bingo and, to be fair, the comics have the same issue. Spidey and Cap fought during the original Civil War event and it's treated, by Peter himself, as if Cap really has a chance against him. However, Peter dwarfs Cap in pretty much every area and this is an adult Peter Parker (Easily 20+ Years old). Therefore, while he might not have Cap's level of experience, he can be said to have full mastery over his abilities, since he's been a hero fighting much older opponents than him, some of them stronger, since he was like 16. Jump to Civil War 2 though and Miles Morales beats the brakes off of Hydra Cap  :lolxg:

Watched Black Panther so 'better late than never review'-

The Good - They really fleshed the world, er, country building for Wakanda. From the 'suburbs/hick' areas to the 'urban/high tech' areas, Wakanda did look like a real country. Also using real life examples for the fictional 'Wakanda Tribes' was also good. The Black Panther/T'Challa was not a Gary Stu like I feared he would be.

The Bad - Anyone else getting sick of blatantly evil comic book characters be made 'viewer sympathetic' in the movies? First was Zemo(who is a frickin' NAZI in the comics!) and now Killmonger. What's next, some tragic backstory for Thanos, the guy who wants to nuke the Universe because of his hard-on for Death. . .oh wait. . .

The Ugly - Not much on the humor. Shuri's likability went straight down the toilet the moment she uttered the words 'White Colonizer'.(And she apparently she said some stupid things to Bruce Banner in Infinity War.) Why that line was stupid and unnecessary - If the Marvel Movie History is the same as real life history then when Europe was basically in control of Africa, they never found out about Wakanda. Also Wakanda did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fight against the 'White Colonizers'. Shuri's blatant racist comment to someone who wasn't even alive during European colonization of Africa was about as stupid and hypocritical as it gets. And the fact that the person she directly insulted was the one who really saved Wakanda and the rest of the Planet by directly risking his own life to blow up those ships should not be lost on people.

She only says "Colonizer". And that's all i'm gonna say about your silly argument.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2343 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Favorite Poster for this movie:

35054395_248858449198282_265720520413859

• Tokoya and Ace1225 like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#2344 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

So how strong is Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) compared to others in the MCU, saw that its saying she's the strongest, is that true or just for the movies?
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#2345 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

So how strong is Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) compared to others in the MCU, saw that its saying she's the strongest, is that true or just for the movies?

might be in the movies. Looking at the old 90s x men show. She is way weaker than thor and hulk.

• Doan likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2346 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

Depends really. There was a time when Carol's strength was a lot more average in the comics but there have been times where she is able to have a lot more pretty fierce feats as well. A bug part of this comes from the fact that she became Binary something that sticks with her. As Captain Marvel she has been shown to be very strong. I wouldn't go so far as saying she is the strongest but she did pretty much kill Tony (I know he went into a coma) and could probably take down Steve Rogers with ease as well. 

She has also managed to contain the Phoniex force at least partially in AvX. There have been also times though she has been beaten by Ronan but that was a while ago.  

There would be some who would argue it all about potential with Carol. She can absorb energy. So she could under some circumstances be as strong as Superman or on par with Thor. 

• Doan likes this

#2347 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

https://nerdist.com/...to-kevin-feige/

“All of the Marvel characters have flaws to them, all of them have a deep humanity to them. With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had. It’s important, then, to counterbalance that with someone who feels real. She needs to have a humanity to tap into, and Brie can do that.”

#2348 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

“All of the Marvel characters have flaws to them, all of them have a deep humanity to them. With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had. It’s important, then, to counterbalance that with someone who feels real. She needs to have a humanity to tap into, and Brie can do that.”

That does not answer the question. He knows she is the strongest in the movies he was asking overall if she was the strongest even in the comics.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2349 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,109 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

That does not answer the question. He knows she is the strongest in the movies he was asking overall if she was the strongest even in the comics.

Nope

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2350 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

thats the quote i read from Feige that i was basing my question about, it's all good

Edited by Doan, 18 June 2018 - 06:04 PM.

#2351 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:21 PM

oops my bad.

Anyhow, I think they are gonna make sure that she does not outshine the other main characters. Stark and Rogers need a power up, and I hope  they are the ones who end up delivering the final blow to Thanos  considering that it could be the last time we see them.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 18 June 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#2352 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

oops my bad.

Anyhow, I think they are gonna make sure that she does not outshine the other main characters. Stark and Rogers need a power up, and I hope they are the ones who end up delivering the final blow to Thanos considering that it could be the last time we see them.

I feel 100% sure Carol will.

Tony and Steve have already gotten pretty major powers.

The Fact That there saying Carol will be the strongest pretty much says she is the key to beating Thanos

#2353 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

I feel 100% sure Carol will.

Tony and Steve have already gotten pretty major powers.

The Fact That there saying Carol will be the strongest pretty much says she is the key to beating Thanos

I don't think anyone can outshine RDJ charisma even if she is super strong.

Of course she will be important to defeat Thanos but its also the swan song for the original Avengers. Doctor Strange probably saw that Stark must be alive to defeat Thanos in the future . I think the writers stated that Captain America will have an intense arc and the Russos said that Avengers 4 is the closure of the story they started with Winter Soldier. Not to mention that Stark and Rogers have not reconciled yet and in Homecoming they mentioned that they have a new shield for Captain (plus wakanda absorption technology ?). Its highly likely that the iconic comic book shot of Captain America vs Thanos will be shown in the film. I am saying that the reconciliation between the leading Avengers is a key element to their victory.

If a character is too strong he or she will outshine the other heroes and all eyes will be on that person. One Piece fell into that trap with Law Punk Hazard where I was let down that my favorites like Smoker and Tashigi barely did anything and wondered why they were even there... Its important in a storyline with such an ensemble cast to have everyone of them shine which is what I loved in Avengers 3.

#2354 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

I don't think anyone can outshine RDJ charisma even if she is super strong.

Of course she will be important to defeat Thanos but its also the swan song for the original Avengers. Doctor Strange probably saw that Stark must be alive to defeat Thanos in the future . I think the writers stated that Captain America will have an intense arc and the Russos said that Avengers 4 is the closure of the story they started with Winter Soldier. Not to mention that Stark and Rogers have not reconciled yet and in Homecoming they mentioned that they have a new shield for Captain (plus wakanda absorption technology ?). Its highly likely that the iconic comic book shot of Captain America vs Thanos will be shown in the film. I am saying that the reconciliation between the leading Avengers is a key element to their victory.

If a character is too strong he or she will outshine the other heroes and all eyes will be on that person. One Piece fell into that trap with Law Punk Hazard where I was let down that my favorites like Smoker and Tashigi barely did anything and wondered why they were even there... Its important in a storyline with such an ensemble cast to have everyone of them shine which is what I loved in Avengers 3.

Strange almost did :-P

But seriously I do think this will be the ultimate Swan Song for the OGs and will be a beautiful one at that. I can defiantly see a lot of the stuff u talked about happening.

Except the shield thing. Mostly cause I think it will be pointless cause......I think Cap going to die :-P.

And I think he will die epically.

That being said aside from maybe Hawkeye and Hulk I don't see anyone getting a legit power up.
Tony just got new armor, Widow just got new hair, Thor just got a new hammer

#2355 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

But as someone said to me, the person is only so strong as the writer was that person to be?

#2356 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

But as someone said to me, the person is only so strong as the writer was that person to be?

marvel and DC in a nut shell.

Flash can either be strongest in the universe or as slow as a bullet.

• Doan likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2357 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:46 AM

Strange almost did :-P

But seriously I do think this will be the ultimate Swan Song for the OGs and will be a beautiful one at that. I can defiantly see a lot of the stuff u talked about happening.

Indeed, I think its the reason why the writers got rid of half of the heroes so that the OGs and those who were not present in the film  (Hawkeye and Antman) get to shine for the finale.

Except the shield thing. Mostly cause I think it will be pointless cause......I think Cap going to die :-P.

Captain America stopped using his signature shield and title because Stark said that he was nor worthy of it. A scene of Iron Man giving Captain a new shield would be a symbol of reconciliation, and a power up.

And I think he will die epically.

I am 50/50 on that issue. I can picture Iron Man and Captain America being the only ones left to recreate the universe. Its very likely that Stark is gonna try to use the gauntlet to undo  the snap and Captain will be the one to sacrifice his soul... However, I would like to see a FMA ending where Rogers actually sacrifice his super soldier powers  which is a fair equivalent to a soul. I wish for a happy ending but  they made reshoots so I might be wrong if they want to give a greater stake in a new Captain America film with Bucky for phase 4. I do think Stark's wedding is gonna happen and seems like the logical conclusion to the next film.

That being said aside from maybe Hawkeye and Hulk I don't see anyone getting a legit power up.
Tony just got new armor, Widow just got new hair, Thor just got a new hammer

Stark is a perfectionist and will probably build a new suit to fight Thanos (clever way to sell more toys). Thor already has his power up but to keep him busy it seems logical that they could bring back Hela (Thanos needs a sidekick to raise the stakes)

#2358 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:05 AM

I feel like Thor could beat Hela already with his Ultimate hammer. I feel like that why they gave it to him. Otherwise it be a waste of a hammer

#2359 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

So in A:IW why did Peter feel different about dying in the end, was it because of spider sense and it also took longer, maybe for cinematic drama?

Edited by Doan, Yesterday, 09:26 PM.

#2360 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 PM

So in A:IW why did Peter feel different about dying in the end, was it because of spider sense and it also took longer, maybe for cinematic drama?

Yup.
Diector confirmed spider sense gave an early warning.... which didn't help since he was doomed. Not to mention it was going off on a Universal scale...

https://www.cbr.com/...h-infinity-war/

Not to mention the Iron Spider suit was actually attempting at keeping Peter alive, regenerating in a little bit, thus prolonging the death.

Long Death scene = heads up about death that very few had + prolonged death

Everyone else didn't know what was happening. Or if did see it occurs to others before them like Fury, no regeneration so they die before reacting

Edited by YyAoMmIi, Yesterday, 10:28 PM.

• Doan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users