Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
2576 replies to this topic

#2501 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

CBR report on above
https://www.cbr.com/...s-galaxy-vol-3/

Edited by YyAoMmIi, 15 March 2019 - 01:57 PM.

#2502 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

James Gunn will direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Disney reversed their decision. He will do so after doing Suicide Squad 2.

NoW THAT'S what I'm fucking talking about Disney, way to go!

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2503 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:22 AM

That movie was a strong 6-6.5/10 but some of the obvious feminist agenda stuff made me roll my eyes lol

But I enjoyed it for the most part even though Brie/Carol got carried by her supporting cast throughout the entire movie (Her best friend, the daughter, Ben Mendelson and Sam Jackson in particular, whom imo were all pretty great if you ask me, minus some cringy dialogue from the best friend)

Spoiler

Meanwhile in the comics she was-

One of two 'heavy hitters' Avengers that were literally fired from the group. She ended up an alcoholic and almost hurt/killed a lot of bystanders because of it.

Responsible for triggering Civil War II for some selfish reasons.

Frankly it annoys me she is considered the 'strongest hero in the MCU' in the one trailer because in the comics Wanda(Scarlet Witch) is a frickin' Reality Warper. Wanda 'rewrote' the whole frickin' UNIVERSE!(House of M) yet she was depowered to almost 90% of what she's capable of in the movies.

Seems to me Captain Marvel is trying to be the complete opposite of the Wonder Woman movie. . .

Edited by Graeystone, 19 March 2019 - 11:26 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

Posted Image

#2504 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

Meanwhile in the comics she was-

One of two 'heavy hitters' Avengers that were literally fired from the group. She ended up an alcoholic and almost hurt/killed a lot of bystanders because of it.

Responsible for triggering Civil War II for some selfish reasons.

Frankly it annoys me she is considered the 'strongest hero in the MCU' in the one trailer because in the comics Wanda(Scarlet Witch) is a frickin' Reality Warper. Wanda 'rewrote' the whole frickin' UNIVERSE!(House of M) yet she was depowered to almost 90% of what she's capable of in the movies.

Seems to me Captain Marvel is trying to be the complete opposite of the Wonder Woman movie. . .

I was never a fan of hers for these reasons right here (Especially because of Civil War 2 where even in the end she came out of it EXACTLY the fucking same as she went into it and didn't see anything wrong with what she did

But I'm annoyed by all of what you said too....Also it's real fitting that they got one of the leading examples of toxic feminism to play this boring, basic bitch of a character

• Vl731 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2505 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:22 AM

I was never a fan of hers for these reasons right here (Especially because of Civil War 2 where even in the end she came out of it EXACTLY the fucking same as she went into it and didn't see anything wrong with what she did

But I'm annoyed by all of what you said too....Also it's real fitting that they got one of the leading examples of toxic feminism to play this boring, basic bitch of a character

Something else to consider - how does one make Carol the strongest hero in MCU? Simple. . .by turning the Hulk into a big cowardly baby that refuses to come out and fight when its literally do or die time. Granted not even the Hulk could stand up to Infinity Gauntlet Thanos in the comics but how the Hulk was handled in the Infinity War Movie was weak, writing and and insulting to the fans. Best thing that should've been done is that the Hulk fights Thanos toe to toe. Hulk goes full rage mode then just before he lands a decisive blow on Thanos, Thanos uses the Reality/Mind Gems to 'Cure' Bruce of the Hulk.

Posted Image

#2506 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:49 AM

Perhaps. 

Though I took more note of the film trying to kick Captain America to the curb and usurp his place in the MCU. 

Cap was the "First Avenger," and it seemed a lot of what came later on during his long nap, was due to the old fashioned example of heroism he brought during WWII. Yet now it seems like it was Carol Danvers all along?

Yes thanks all in part to a character who is just now showing up, and up to this point was never mentioned or existed; we have the Avengers.  :facepalm: 

Cap was the first to deal with any of the Infinity Stones, and thus kicked off the Infinity Saga. But now (and it might just be me) it feels like they also made it out like it started with Carol Danvers. 

In ways it really came off as if everything was about her, for no real reason other than just for the hell of it; well that and maybe some political agenda crap. 

Granted not even the Hulk could stand up to Infinity Gauntlet Thanos in the comics but how the Hulk was handled in the Infinity War Movie was weak, writing and and insulting to the fans. Best thing that should've been done is that the Hulk fights Thanos toe to toe. Hulk goes full rage mode then just before he lands a decisive blow on Thanos,

Be a bit hard to believe as to happening, since at the start of the film, Thanos already had the Power Stone. 

Maybe if he didn't have the Power Stone from the start, then sure a better small fight would have been nice and more believable. But with the Power Stone? I just can't buy that to be honest. 

An sure some would bring up the big fight on Titan, and how physically weaker characters than Hulk were putting up a good fight against Thanos. However the problem with that was that the characters were using a myriad of attacks (some being rather unique in method; like Doctor Strange) an combos with one another, rather than just straight up fist fighting with him like what the Hulk did in the beginning. 

• Tokoya and JDG973 like this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#2507 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

That's exactly what it is @Narubi Nowadays everyone are bending over to these Feminazi/SJW agendas

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2508 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,952 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:55 AM

yeah they only care about SJW and Feminazi. Money is never the issue.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2509 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

yeah they only care about SJW and Feminazi. Money is never the issue.

Well Brie did say straight up that she wanted Captain Marvel to be a feminist movie( cause that worked so well for Ghostbusters/Oceans reboots!)

Posted Image

#2510 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

Well Brie did say straight up that she wanted Captain Marvel to be a feminist movie( cause that worked so well for Ghostbusters/Oceans reboots!)

and captain marvel had made more money than both of them combine. Wow.

https://www.boxoffic...busters2016.htm

https://www.boxoffic...ntfilm2018c.htm

https://www.boxoffic...marvel2018a.htm

Do not talk about a movie making money.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2511 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

and captain marvel had made more money than both of them combine. Wow

Now now, Wale. Let's be fair here. 

Unlike the aforementioned Ghostbusters Reboot and the Lady Oceans film. Captain Marvel, had the Marvel and MCU brand to it, along with 10 years worth of build and interest. So regardless, the film with that brand alone would get people to come and see it and despite it being bad or not, would still make money. 

Of course it'd be poor of me not to mention on the subject of revenue for the film; the current notion going about how Disney is buying up tickets just to add gains, as well making sure the movie is watchable at any to every time slot at theaters (which screams desperation IMO). 

Regardless though, Captain Marvel had a brand and a currently building decades worth of fans an movie goers, to assure that it'll get money back. 

Edited by Narubi, 21 March 2019 - 12:29 PM.

• JDG973 likes this

#2512 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:40 PM

Also wasn't Captain Mar-vel, the Kree warrior turned traitor, to save Earth from the Skrull AND Kree, reduced to a villain in the movie?

Posted Image

#2513 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Also wasn't Captain Mar-vel, the Kree warrior turned traitor, to save Earth from the Skrull AND Kree, reduced to a villain in the movie?

You mean Yon-Rog? 

Cause the original Captain Mar-Vell, in this movie is sex changed to a woman, played by Annette Bening.

#2514 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Unlike the aforementioned Ghostbusters Reboot and the Lady Oceans film. Captain Marvel, had the Marvel and MCU brand to it, along with 10 years worth of build and interest. So regardless, the film with that brand alone would get people to come and see it and despite it being bad or not, would still make money. 

Of course it'd be poor of me not to mention on the subject of revenue for the film; the current notion going about how Disney is buying up tickets just to add gains, as well making sure the movie is watchable at any to every time slot at theaters (which screams desperation IMO). 

Regardless though, Captain Marvel had a brand and a currently building decades worth of fans an movie goers, to assure that it'll get money back. 

That and people wanted to see what connections it would have with Endgame (Which ended up being pretty much nothing including the post credits scene) + how strong she was since Fury called her before he got dusted

And speaking of sales, I wonder if people realize that the only reason why this movie outpaced Black Panther (A lot of the fanboys/fangirls are using this comparison to try and make it seem like these huge numbers are SUCH a big deal despite the fact that BP crushed Captain Marvel domestically) is because this movie opened in more markets and theatres than BP did opening weekend lol. And lets not forget the many campaigns to "Get young girls all over the world the opportunity to see Captain Marvel" :lmao:

Edited by Tokoya, 21 March 2019 - 11:06 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2515 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:31 PM

from the sounds of it Captain Marvel is like 80% of other marvel movies. Ok movies. There is only 4 stand out movies of the group. The rest are ok to bad. Captain Marvel fits in the OK stats,

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2516 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

Agreed it in the OK stand. It doesn't stand out.

I hated the feminism in Ocean 8 and Ghostbusters.
Those were just we are female and men are stupid.
Even though ocean 8 used the male acroboat...

CM doesn't force that to your face. At the same time they did used the fact she was female unlike WW.
WW seemed pointless.

They did say Captain America is first Avenger but and CM is first Modern Hero, so I see no conflict there.

#2517 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

Latest Internet Rumor - Disney is buying unsold Captain Marvel Tickets to create an illusion of a blockbuster/high grossing movie.

Narubi - Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!? The original Captain Mar-vel is one of the most important characters of all time. Earth and a good chunk of the Marvel Universe would've been destroyed/conquered if not for him. His death(he had the Kree version of cancer) shook the foundations of the marvel universe.

Posted Image

#2518 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

Narubi - Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!? The original Captain Mar-vel is one of the most important characters of all time. Earth and a good chunk of the Marvel Universe would've been destroyed/conquered if not for him. His death(he had the Kree version of cancer) shook the foundations of the marvel universe.

No I'm not joking. 

But I won't go into details of the character in the film, as that would be spoilers. 

from the sounds of it Captain Marvel is like 80% of other marvel movies. Ok movies. There is only 4 stand out movies of the group. The rest are ok to bad. Captain Marvel fits in the OK stats,

An regardless of it being seen by some as just ok, others as bad or good; it'd still make back money just for being a Marvel film in the MCU. 

#2519 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

If this is legit and not a Photoshop edit (the actual Tweets) then. . .OOPSIE!

Spoiler

Also something for anyone of the more Conspiracy Types-

And finally for the lulz-

Spoiler

Edited by Graeystone, 23 March 2019 - 07:27 AM.

Posted Image

#2520 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

Agreed it in the OK stand. It doesn't stand out.

I hated the feminism in Ocean 8 and Ghostbusters.
Those were just we are female and men are stupid.
Even though ocean 8 used the male acroboat...

CM doesn't force that to your face. At the same time they did used the fact she was female unlike WW.
WW seemed pointless.

They did say Captain America is first Avenger but and CM is first Modern Hero, so I see no conflict there.

Elaborate on this for me....Pointless in regards to what?

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users