Photo

[Films] The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Part 5)

• Please log in to reply
1909 replies to this topic

#1901 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

It's very interesting to me how Marvel Studios claims to keep things fresh by dabbling in various genres and everyone else parrots that narrative but Fox's Marvel movies truly exemplify that without it being told to us. Between the Vaughn/Singer trilogy, Deadpool, Logan and now this, Fox is really making the most daring and interesting moves in the CBM space. Apocalypse sucked but everything else has been great and I hope that trend continues with this. I also hope Deadpool 2 doesn't fall into the same sequel trap as GotG2 & Kingsman2.

Channing Tatum’s ‘Gambit’ Is Back on the Books with a New 2019 Release Date

I think this is a stupid move but that New Mutants trailer put me in a good mood for this news. Just to be clear I'm not amazed beyond belief by the NM trailer, I was more into the recent JL & SW trailers, but I was way more intrigued by this than those.

• Tokoya and JDG973 like this

HQeVEdo.png?3

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#1902 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,873 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:56 AM

That was trippy, unsettling and ominous af......Like wow, they weren't kidding when they compared this to The Shining 

But yeah, all in all I'm excited for this.....Great young cast too

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1903 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

uu9pmDP.gif

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1904 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

So this New Mutants movie is a comic, like the kid said it seems like a haunted house/hospital imo

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#1905 White Zangetsu

White Zangetsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGem Road

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

It's very interesting to me how Marvel Studios claims to keep things fresh by dabbling in various genres and everyone else parrots that narrative but Fox's Marvel movies truly exemplify that without it being told to us. Between the Vaughn/Singer trilogy, Deadpool, Logan and now this, Fox is really making the most daring and interesting moves in the CBM space. Apocalypse sucked but everything else has been great and I hope that trend continues with this.]

You're joking right? You have to be. No one who likes film would actually believe something like this Every film set in the X-Men universe has been exactly the damn same awful movie except for Logan.
  • Urek Mazino likes this

xlzkh5J.jpg?1

#1906 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

• Hooded Crow, Tokoya, Doan and 2 others like this

#1907 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,873 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Every time I watch this BP trailer I get more hyped.....Every single time man, this is gonna be so lit :aww:

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1908 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Just got around to watching Marvel Inhuman and half way  thought I quit 

Me to Marvel:

rs_560x315-140811150006-2014-08-11_13_02

• secretzfan likes this

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#1909 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

There has never been a Marvel movie I've been more hyped for than BP. I've mentioned before that I'm South African so it's funny to me that Chadwick Boseman is the character I find to have the weakest African accent, since it seems like he's putting it on but it's a minor gripe. Andy Serkis had a surprisingly good accent in AoU compared to Boseman but it was a white accent so it may be different and Angela, Lupita and Danai seemed to have fairly good accents from what was shown in the trailer. I would still like something other than rap music in the trailer since it's very "American" and they're trying to show off an "African" hero, but I should also add that American rap is my favourite music genre so it's not a problem with the actual songs they've used since I did enjoy those so far.

I also like that they show the transition from the CA:CW costume to this one. I know they're trying to play up Shuri's intelligence but I hope that doesn't undercut BP's since he's among the 8 smartest characters in the Marvel Universe.

HQeVEdo.png?3

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#1910 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

Chadwick Boseman doesn't even look like 40  :jawdrop:  and he is a very handsome man... I kinda wish he was in SW.

I am kinda happy that they could have easily teased a Bucky or Captain america team up appearance to max up the box office numberbut they did not. It leaves room and time to develop its own universe, introduce his sister (like the sibling gesture) and other characters. It takes risks and wants Boseman to carry the film in a way. However, I can imagine a Captain America or Bucky appearing in a post credit scene that leads up to infinity war.

Thank god this film is not freaking Matt Damon saving Wakanda. Its Black Panther dealing with his problems and own inner demons of what it takes to be a king.

The last two villains of the MCU were actually good and I wonder where Jordan's character stand in all of this. It would be interesting if he is a close friend who wants to be king but thinks Tchalla is too kind (as suggested in the trailer)  to rule a country and his acts of impulse in CW are making his own people question his own ability to lead. Therefore, the villain tries to overthrow him by allying himself with Gollum and try to own all resources of Vibranium against the ever looming threat of bad guys, aliens, and supernatural beings.

I kinda wish the final battle was the simple tribal fight (to know who should become the leader) that would not be the typical marvel find fight with flashy special effects.

• DarkNemesis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users