#781 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,521 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Just focusing on those two movies/characters, it seems to be about whether the movie properly captured the essence of the character. As opposed to turning it into some Hollywood Free-for-all shitfest just for a money grab.

For the record, I quite enjoyed both of those films. TDK > Mos. But 9 > 8 too.

Well for the most part comic character have gone through who knows how many personalty shifts.

I cannot call cyclops a boring boy scout without someone telling me about a comic arc where he is a badass.

Also i like MoS more than anything superman related.

On that note i didn't think JJ abrams made a star trek movie in his first two movies. It was more about the laser show, but if it makes you watch and like older star trek than good. If you only like abrams films and nothing that came before that, i wouldn't call you a fan.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#782 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Well for the most part comic character have gone through who knows how many personalty shifts.

I cannot call cyclops a boring boy scout without someone telling me about a comic arc where he is a badass.

Also i like MoS more than anything superman related.

On that note i didn't think JJ abrams made a star trek movie in his first two movies. It was more about the laser show, but if it makes you watch and like older star trek than good. If you only like abrams films and nothing that came before that, i wouldn't call you a fan.

Same here
  • Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#783 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

• Tokoya likes this

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#784 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so I've only got an outsider's perspective. I didn't like this movie. It left me with the same feeling playing Dark Souls 3 did, that it was so dependent on the previously established lore and formulas that it didn't do anything interesting by itself. Looking at the last two movies, I barely have an idea what Jedi are and what they stand for aside from the fact that they're the good guys.

Also, some of the scenes made no sense to me, particularly the one with the resistance bombers attacking the dreadnought. Why do they even have bombers that need to get above an enemy ship to drop their payload? I don't recall if they were still in the planet's gravitational field, but that doesn't make much sense to do in space...

#785 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

Spot on

The difference is that the OT actually were well made and truly entertaining in every aspects. 

The space battle of Force Awakens feels like a cheap copy of the one in a new hope. The battle of Yavin actually has tension, incredibly well made miniature, mind-blowing soundtrack, lines that you will never forget, memorable characters and its incredibly well edited. I did not get any of that in TFA.

The characters of this new trilogy are just bland in comparison to the old cast. Finn is boring, uninspired as hell and If I wanted to pick a black actor Chadwick Boseman is the one that comes to mind automatically after seeing him in CW. 

The Last Jedi is a well directed film but not well written, and breaks the rules of the original trilogy for the sake of being different... 

Spoiler

Captain america the winter soldier is a loved film on the Internet because it was brilliantly made, written, and paced. It makes Steve Rogers' character evolve in a way that makes him even more likable and nuanced in a logical way without making go Hail Hydra for the sake of shock like Luke Skywalker.

#786 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,182 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

nuanced in a logical way without making go Hail Hydra for the sake of shock like Luke Skywalker.

I'm waiting for that movie. Captain Hydra? **salivates**

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#787 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

Finally saw The Last Jedi today and I kinda regret that I did. I personally thought the film was trash.

Too much bullshit and bad acting throughout this entire film like the forced and unnecessary drama between Poe and Holdo over the Rebel leadership that really didn't add anything to the plot.

The cringeworthy and terrible romance crap between Rey and Kylo Ren. That was just awful, even worse than the Padme and Anakin stuff from the prequels and Sasuke and Sakura's joke of a relationship.

The subplot about Finn and Rose finding that hacker guy was ultimately pointless.

Snoke dying like a chump.

Luke acting out of character and behaving like a grouchy, moody old pensioner.

Leia surviving in space after the deck of her ship got blown out was pure bs imo. Even with Force powers, someone like her shouldn't be able to survive in the vacuum of space due to lack of oxygen.

Heh, even the last scene with stable boy kid waving that broom like a lightsaber felt like pure fan service imo.

Terrible film overall, I dunno why people say this film is good when that's far, far from the case.

Personally I don't think much of this sequel trilogy so far. The Force Awakens was trash as well, it was a boring and uninspired rehash of pieces of the original trilogy.
  • Tom Ace and trafalgarlawisop like this

#788 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

e1ClrR8.pnge1ClrR8.pnge1ClrR8.png

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 15 January 2018 - 08:43 AM.

#789 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

Wisdom

https://medium.com/@...er-253efda3809c
  • Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users