https://ww1.demonsla...ba-chapter-182/

#122 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:25 AM

Great chapter. I was really hoping that Yushiro would have a big moment in this fight and he had one immediately. Him taking control over the UM4 to show some fake image of Love and Snake being dead to Muzan to trick him and allow the two of them to locate and surprise him was great. Also we now know how they will get out of that other dimension if Yushiro is able to destroy that world by controlling UM4. Wonder if Muzan will try and locate him first to kill him and remove that hiding ability of his. 

Also really liked how Snake is still annoyed with Tanjiro despite Tanjiro being so thankful to him for saving him, haha. Tanjiro seem really beat up and I wonder what he will do. Giyuu seemed to be able to defend himself for now, and Love and Snake should be at basically full power, but I wonder if Tanjiro will fall back. With those 3 Pillars and Tanjiro there, and Rock, Wind, Inosuke, Kanao, Zenitsu, all on their way I really have no idea how this fight will go. I wonder if Muzan will pull back and the author will extend the life of the series because of how well it is selling now, but it really feels like this should be the final arc. 

And it looks like Tanjiro already lost an eye in this fight. Man, the author really is brutal with giving her characters injuries. Didn't expect him to have a major one that fast. Maybe Nezuko could heal it somehow with a power, but that feels unlikely. At least now he can match Kanao with only having one working eye. 

• /2aw and paka like this

#123 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:28 AM

https://ww1.demonsla...ba-chapter-183/

#124 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Mad props for Yushirou

#125 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,303 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

• Shin likes this

#126 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

Yushirou really showing his worth in the chapter. That mental battle with Muzan to control UM4 was nice, and that final page of him finally gaining the upper hand to burst the dimension back into the real world was awesome. Now I guess they have to keep Muzan busy until sunrise, but I wonder if Muzan just rushes to where Nezuko is to try and gain her ability as soon as possible. While it was smart I am a bit surprised Muzan killed UM4 already, and I wonder what Muzan will do now by himself against so many hunters left. Feels like there has to be some more opponents for the rest of the remaining hunters to fight. Still feel like maybe Muzan can split himself up to deal with them. 

Also really liked how Muzan was having to battle Yushirou and the rest of the hunters elsewhere simultaneously. The series does such a good job at multiple battles at the same time and how they effect each other. Tanjiro picking up one of the slain hunters' swords to throw at Muzan was a nice call back to his first encounter with UM3 too. Also like how Snake went to help love after he threw that sword as well. 

#127 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:19 AM

Coloured chapters now up to Ch 183

https://mangadex.org/chapter/752692/1

Like Tamayo, Yuushirou may be lacking in combat prowess, but his abilities make him an excellent support. His spell tags had been vital for Kiriya to communicate and coordinate all the hunters inside the Fortress, and his stealth abilities made him the perfect counter against Nakime.

I like that he can hijack Nakime's sense too, and what amounted to a hacking battle between him and Muzan was cool.

Killing Nakime was probably Muzan's best option in that situation. With all the Pillars after him, there was no way for him to regain control over Nakime, and leaving her be is tantamount to surrendering control over the battlefield to Yuushirou and the hunters.

I hope that Yuushirou will be able to extract himself after saving everyone else.

---

I didn't expect Tanjirou to suffer an injury as drastic as losing an eye right from the get-go, sheesh. This is just increasing my dread that he won't survive this encounter.

But I love that he got that much deserved potshot at Muzan with that sword throw.

Also really liked how Muzan was having to battle Yushirou and the rest of the hunters elsewhere simultaneously. The series does such a good job at multiple battles at the same time and how they effect each other. Tanjiro picking up one of the slain hunters' swords to throw at Muzan was a nice call back to his first encounter with UM3 too. Also like how Snake went to help love after he threw that sword as well. 
To add extra insult to injury, many readers have noted that back then, Muzan admonished Akaza for disappointingly taking a blow from a swordsman who wasn't even a Pillar (ie Tanjirou's sword throw). And now he suffered the very same thing, it's beautiful.

And yes, there's something about the team play in this series that feels really cool. Probably because you feel like all the fighters are actually "moving" and playing a part, kind of like Konjiki no Gash Bell's team play.

Yushirou really showing his worth in the chapter. That mental battle with Muzan to control UM4 was nice, and that final page of him finally gaining the upper hand to burst the dimension back into the real world was awesome. Now I guess they have to keep Muzan busy until sunrise, but I wonder if Muzan just rushes to where Nezuko is to try and gain her ability as soon as possible. While it was smart I am a bit surprised Muzan killed UM4 already, and I wonder what Muzan will do now by himself against so many hunters left. Feels like there has to be some more opponents for the rest of the remaining hunters to fight. Still feel like maybe Muzan can split himself up to deal with them. 
Muzan probably discovered Oyakata-sama's location before Nezuko's, otherwise he would've gone after her first. In other words, Nezuko's location is probably still a secret.

Since he monitors all of the Demons, it's only a matter of time before he unleashes a volley of his so-called Black Blood Techniques against his enemies.

What I'm curious is, when sunrise comes, will he manage to escape anyway?

---

MItsuri continues to be fun even in such a dire moment. With so few major female combatants left, I'm sure that she'll survive this battle along with Kanao.

And that squadmate who was with Yuushirou, he deserves a mention. He joined the Demon Slayers to exterminate the Demons, and now that he learnt the person he was running around with was an allied Demon, he offered himself to him in the hopes that they'll triumph over Muzan. That's some resolve man.

• /2aw likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#128 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

https://ww1.demonsla...ba-chapter-184/

#129 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:43 AM

This just got crazier... hope he remembers something from his childhood training that can get him out of this one... a new breathing technique or maybe Nezuko can help

:kakashi:  We back

#130 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

Ill call bs if a flashback saves him here XD. Probably theres a spare oni cure from Tamayo that they can use to save him.

#131 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:58 AM

Bruh this manga is too much sometimes (in a good way). While obviously not as skilled as a pillar the demon slayers are mostly admirable as shit. They are playing no games, did not hesitate to throw away their lives for the greater good. Also, being a pillar...shouldering that weight (....like a pillar :o ) has to be a lot too man. It would be next to impossible to feel good if they kill muzan after a bunch of kids literally used themselves as human shields for you.

Muzan honestly was kinda dumb for this. Unless he is unaware that Tanjiro and Nezuko are related giving blood to Tanjiro is such an unnecessary risk. Being that those two are damn near as closely related as can be there is a chance Tanjiro could break away from your control like nezuko did...and then you have a see through world seeing, sun breath using skilled ass demon on your neck.

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#132 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:24 AM

The coloured scans aren't out yet, but here's the better 184 translation anyway:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/755919

The battlefield has moved up into an urban city. That poses a serious risk of civilian casualties, plenty of shelter from sunlight, and this secret war between the demons and hunters is going to become very public.

I always knew that stalling Muzan until dawn was never going to be an easy task, but at this rate, even 1.5 hours is way too hard. My heart goes out to all the ordinary hunters.

---

If Muzan says that the blood he attacks with will not turn his targets into demons, I'm fairly certain that not even him will screw up in that regard. To that end, I am highly doubtful that Tanjirou will turn into a Demon.

Nezuko might make an appearance to cure the poison, but I'm disinclined to believe that'll be the case.

1. What Muzan did doesn't function as a simple poison, but outright destroy his cells. Considerable damage would still have already been done to an already weakened Tanjirou, so there's a limit to how much she can help.
  2. As Muzan's primary target, she's more likely going to be devoured before she can inflict decent damage on him, and then it's game over
  3. To follow on from (2), that makes her more a burden for this battle, and the Pillars just cannot afford that handicap
Of course, there are other factors that make her presence possible, but too many to list.

What I see as more feasible is Yuushirou will help to mitigate the effects on Tanjirou, but that'll require them to be in safety.
Poor Giyu though, everyone dear to him is dying.

Tanjirou's Fate
To be honest, as much as I absolutely love Tanjirou, with how merciless Wani-sensei can be, I will not be surprised if Tanjirou doesn't make it to the end.
  • Before this arc, I imagined a scenario where Nezuko is cured, but Tanjirou dies inflicting a mortal blow to Muzan (I opt for Nezuko not to die since it'll be absolutely brutal to him)
  • Before the battle against Muzan, I thought the scenario would be "Muzan escapes, Tanjirou is distraught by this, but he receives good news that Nezuko is (mostly) cured"
But with the last 3 chapters being utterly unrelenting in inflicting injury on the poor boy, I'm prepared for the worst.

Things can progress in the following ways:
  1. While Muzan's cells will not turn Tanjirou into a demon, he might just attain memories of Muzan's encounter with Yoriichi in the past, and from that, obtain knowledge on the lost 13th Form of the Dance of the Fire God and slays Muzan in one final strike
  2. Muzan escapes, and Tanjirou somehow survives, but is unable to do battle anymore. A cured Nezuko will finish the battle for him
  3. Same as (2), except before Tanjirou dies, he gets to see Nezuko cured
  4. A half-cured Nezuko shows up to battle, and both she and Tanjirou help to slay Muzan but die together in the process.
I am bleak yes, but one thing I keep in mind is that "legacy" is a theme of this series: that is, so long as others continue to possess your will, it will be carried out in the end. Just like Giyu doing right by Sabito; Kanao avenging Kanae and Shinobu; the Ubuyashiki clan's 1000 year long battle against Muzan; the inheritance of the Breaths, etc.

So if Tanjirou perishes here, then Nezuko will carry on his spirit for sure.

And if Muzan does escape, I'm sure he'll be inflicted with some kind of fatal wound that he can't regenerate. With so many sacrifices, there's no way he's leaving this unscathed

Edited by gamria, 27 November 2019 - 05:24 AM.

• Shin likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#133 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:47 PM

It does feel like the only way that Tanjiro can get out of this would be for Nezuko to heal him. Burn away whatever Muzan did to him. It was set up that she has that ability to do that so it would make sense, but then he would have to go to where Nezuko is or she would have to go to him, which is a bit dangerous. The only other way I could see this playing out would be if maybe Tanjiro somehow becomes a demon from this? But I don't think that would happen. The timing doesn't feel right and it would be too much for him to become a demon in such a short amount of time until sunrise. 

Also again the manga is just brutal with how all those weaker demon hunters just decided to charge in and basically be meat shields for the pillars. I didn't think anyone was left. That has to be soul crushing to see if you are the pillars off the back of not being able to do much damage to Muzan as well has having to hold him for another hour and a half until sunrise. I do like how the pillars here can at least attack Muzan here even if it doesn't really do any damage. It shows just how powerful UM1 was when it took forever for them to finally land a hit on him. 

#134 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

https://manganelo.co...iba/chapter_185

Spoiler

Edited by Tom Ace, 29 November 2019 - 11:01 PM.

#135 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:54 AM

Hopefully the quality doesn't dive off a cliff like NnT at least...

#136 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

I can't see this going on after Muzan. It's like Inuyasha in a sense.

#137 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

I can't see this going on after Muzan. It's like Inuyasha in a sense.

There is still the question about how the doctor turned Muzan into a demon and how he may not be the first and only one like himself. I suppose it may not matter to our characters story, but an answer would be nice.

#138 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:38 AM

There is still the question about how the doctor turned Muzan into a demon

Luck? We know there's an actual afterlife, and a sort of pseudo-science going on. Maybe there are magical flowers.

#139 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:08 PM

Luck? We know there's an actual afterlife, and a sort of pseudo-science going on. Maybe there are magical flowers.

Sure, that's possible. I just find it odd that it wasn't explained at the time when the doctor was brought up in the Muzan flashback.

It's an unexplained McGuffin that can create god like beings, an explanation would be nice, even if it's just magical flowers.

#140 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

Really felt uneventfull about Muzan becoming an Oni with crazy ass magical abilities, all because of a flower? Really is weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users