60 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

Talk about all canon Star Trek shows and movies here.

NOTE: Since the latest Star Trek movies are set in a different continuity/universe, this thread is really not meant to focus on those.

Does anyone think that the new Star Trek show (2017) is going to be set in the Beta Quadrant? TNG did the Alpha, DS9 did Gamma, and Voyager did Delta. Only Beta is left completely unexplored. And since Voyager introduced the Borg Trans-Warp Hub (IIRC) travelling between quadrants should be easier.

• Tokoya likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

Well, it depends on whether STO is canon.  In STO, the Borg went away for a while, but then returned with a vengeance, so they weren't all completely destroyed.  If STO isn't canon, then all Borg things were destroyed.

For what it's worth, Qo'nos is in the Beta Quadrant, so a lot of it has been explored.

ilhd1c.jpg

#3 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

Well, it depends on whether STO is canon.  In STO, the Borg went away for a while, but then returned with a vengeance, so they weren't all completely destroyed.  If STO isn't canon, then all Borg things were destroyed.

STO... Star Trek Online I assume?

For what it's worth, Qo'nos is in the Beta Quadrant, so a lot of it has been explored.

:psyduck:

I don't believe I've heard of Qo'nos. Sounds vaguely familiar, but not ringing an audible bell.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 30 March 2016 - 12:07 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#4 OrangeMage

OrangeMage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Locationthe bowels of the internet

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

I don't believe I've heard of Qo'nos. Sounds vaguely familiar, but not ringing an audible bell.

Its the Klingon home world. Pronounced Kronos 

12.jpg

#5 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:51 PM

Yes, STO is Star Trek Online.  There were also a series of novels that formed the basis of a lot of STO.

You call yourself a Star Trek fan.  smh

ilhd1c.jpg

#6 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

Well damn. after looking through the star trek wiki, it does seem that the Beta Quadrant has been explored as well. And I didn't know Khronos was spelled Qo'nos. :shrug:

Learn something new every day.

You call yourself a Star Trek fan. smh

You shame me, sir :(

Edited by DarkNemesis, 30 March 2016 - 12:52 PM.

Spoiler

#7 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

Voyager.

Not that bad.

The indigenous spiritualism gets on my nerves though.

NOTE: Since the latest Star Trek movies are set in a different continuity/universe, this thread is really not meant to focus on those.

Does anyone think that the new Star Trek show (2017) is going to be set in the Beta Quadrant? TNG did the Alpha, DS9 did Gamma, and Voyager did Delta. Only Beta is left completely unexplored. And since Voyager introduced the Borg Trans-Warp Hub (IIRC) travelling between quadrants should be easier.

You have a link for confirmation of the new TV show? I thought that was just a rumor.

Edited by Peleihno, 30 March 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

You have a link for confirmation of the new TV show? I thought that was just a rumor.

https://en.wikipedia..._Trek_TV_series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/

http://www.denofgeek...tar-trek-beyond

• Peleihno likes this

Spoiler

#9 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

Saw this and at first I thought Stargate Universe. It wasn't until the thread started loading that i realized it was about the Star Trek universe.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#10 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

Well damn. after looking through the star trek wiki, it does seem that the Beta Quadrant has been explored as well. And I didn't know Khronos was spelled Qo'nos. :shrug:

Learn something new every day.

You shame me, sir :(

It's why Voyager encounters Klingons before anyone else on their journey home.  Klingons simply have a shorter journey, although Sol is right near Qo'nos anyway, but the Klingon Empire stretched far into the Beta Quadrant, whereas the Federation occupies a significant portion of the Alpha Quadrant.

You deserve it.

ilhd1c.jpg

#11 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

You deserve it.

Why??? :cry:

Spoiler

#12 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

Will always love this line

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#13 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

https://en.wikipedia..._Trek_TV_series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/

http://www.denofgeek...tar-trek-beyond

Sweet!

I pray the uniforms are actually good this time.

The 24th century was a horrible time for Federation fashion.

Though, it doesn't note when it's set.....

EDIT:

"It's going to be the first original series developed for streaming service, CBS All Access, which will set subscribers back $5.99 a month in the US."

*sigh*

Edited by Peleihno, 31 March 2016 - 08:08 AM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#14 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,783 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

"It's going to be the first original series developed for streaming service, CBS All Access, which will set subscribers back $5.99 a month in the US."

*sigh*

Actually I'm glad. It's not subjected to ratings pressure. Plus, I'm sure it'll be on Hulu and Amazon like a week after it's on CAA.

Spoiler

#15 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#16 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

I'd rather have a teaser that teased some of the content, rather than nothing.

All it is is some CG'd planets, moons, and a sun. 

At least show us the damn ship or something.

• FrostyMouse likes this

#17 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

It's why Voyager encounters Klingons before anyone else on their journey home.  Klingons simply have a shorter journey, although Sol is right near Qo'nos anyway, but the Klingon Empire stretched far into the Beta Quadrant, whereas the Federation occupies a significant portion of the Alpha Quadrant.

You deserve it.

you seem to know a lot about the star trek universe. Are THEM canon?  

24gvaiu.jpg

#18 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

I'd rather have a teaser that teased some of the content, rather than nothing.

All it is is some CG'd planets, moons, and a sun. 

At least show us the damn ship or something.

Yeah, that was literally 51 seconds of nothing.

you seem to know a lot about the star trek universe. Are THEM canon?  

Who?

ilhd1c.jpg

#19 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#20 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:11 AM

You know instead of the abrams crap i wish someone would make a movie about the federation vs Romulans war, WW3 and them meeting the Vulcans, Federation vs Sphere-Builders from enterprise, or any other war we never saw.

Instead we get to see 3 bad movies that destroy over 30 years of cannon.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users