#121 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

You're both wrong.  Enterprise was the worst so far, even worse than ToS, unless, of course, Discovery turns out to be even worse than Enterprise.

Voyager was pretty decent.  Sure, it had its fair share of holier than thou moments, but it was generally fair solid.  Enterprise simply wasn't.

Meh i found enterprise decent.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#122 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

i watched the first 3 episodes of Star trek discovery and so so far is very crappy and amateurish. First of all the visual look, why does it look so dark, you can barely distinguish anything, and it's not only the space, it's also the inside of ships. Everything looks very amateur, you can clearly see or not see(bad visuals) that they are not spending much money. The first 2 episodes were terrible and confusing. They had a 2 second battle as a war declaration by the klingons AKA space orcs vs the federations, and eventhou it was a 2 second battle, you get very confused because the light and dark visuals dont let you see much as i said before. The visuals just have a weird look. Yes the klingons look like space orcs and they sound like them too, very disappointing. They are actually dumber than orcs. There is this cult leader klingon that doesnt belong to the klingon leadership or coulncil, they actually dont like him yet he convinces them to attack the federation just by saying that it is his destiny to unite the klingons and they have become complacent and they need to follow him into war. I know, it sounds dumber than crap but that's what i got. And eventhou the Klingon council dont like this Dumbass cult leader, they decide to follow him because he yelled fire at the federation. It felt like a leeroy jenkins type of scenario.

Lets get serious here. The 3rd episode is a bit better but still not good. Let me explain something here, i wrote at the top about the klingons and the 2 second war but that is like a few minutes minutes of the entire show so far. The entire show POV, story, attention and almost every scene is focused on one character and one character alone. There are very few scenes in the show where this character is not on the scene. Im talking about the female protagonist of the show. In the first 2 episodes she was the number one of a ship AKA second in command but got demoted, sentenced to prison for life and partly blamed for starting the war. Almost every scene of the 3 episodes is about her and her story which includes confusing flashbacks. This is not an ensemble show like the past star trek, so far she is the story. She is a human raised by vulcans.

My verdict so far is that the show is crap. What bothered me most was how the show looked and felt., doesnt look like a star trek show. The premise of  a war with the kilngon is a good premise but they are not executing it well. I really dont know if a war with the klingons can be executed well when all the attention, Most of the Points Of View are given to one character that is not even a captain.  The show feels small like the protagonist is the only character of the show. The orville by seth macfarlane  looks and feels more like a star trek show, having said that, i hate the Orville after watching one episode and seth macfarlane as an actor.

Edited by tenchu, 04 October 2017 - 08:24 PM.

• waleuska likes this

24gvaiu.jpg

#123 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

For a sci-fi show, ST: Discovery isn't bad. I'm liking the fact that Burnham is learning to moderate her "human" impulses. Though her going from Vulcan to irrational human during her time on the previous ship is disconcerting. Saru is getting in touch with his feelings. The astrobiologist is pushing his science further. There's some character development happening.

For a Star Trek show, this is still lacking. I'm not sure if this is the Federation's first actual war. If it is, I'm willing to give it some slack.

Let's see if the Spore Drive and Borg Trans Warp Hubs make it in a future Star Trek show.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#124 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

For a sci-fi show, ST: Discovery isn't bad. I'm liking the fact that Burnham is learning to moderate her "human" impulses. Though her going from Vulcan to irrational human during her time on the previous ship is disconcerting. Saru is getting in touch with his feelings. The astrobiologist is pushing his science further. There's some character development happening.

For a Star Trek show, this is still lacking. I'm not sure if this is the Federation's first actual war. If it is, I'm willing to give it some slack.

Let's see if the Spore Drive and Borg Trans Warp Hubs make it in a future Star Trek show.

There's a theory that this in the Mirror Dimension hence why things are so different (The ending of the most recent ep kinda hinted at it too)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#125 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

There's a theory that this in the Mirror Dimension hence why things are so different (The ending of the most recent ep kinda hinted at it too)

If this is the mirror universe and not just an alternate timeline, then shouldn't the Federation be evil. And the ships have the prefix: ISS?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#126 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

If this is the mirror universe and not just an alternate timeline, then shouldn't the Federation be evil. And the ships have the prefix: ISS?

Beats me

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#127 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Beats me

Well, it's a bad theory then.

Spoiler

#128 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,176 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

They told us explicitly that this was the "Prime" Universe, meaning no alternate universe, no JJ Trek, and, one would assume, not being set in the Mirror Universe.

ilhd1c.jpg

#129 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

They told us explicitly that this was the "Prime" Universe, meaning no alternate universe, no JJ Trek, and, one would assume, not being set in the Mirror Universe.

They've also been teasing it at cons and in interviews too.....But either way, I don't trust anything until it actually plays out the way they say will

Edited by Tokoya, 19 October 2017 - 11:50 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#130 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

then shouldn't the Federation be evil. And the ships have the prefix: ISS?

That is if these idiots even read up on the Star Trek lore. Which they obviously never did.

So this could be, like other things thus far, they're own re-imagining or interpretation of the Star Trek Universe.

Thus it could be a Mirror-verse, but like those sad version of Klingons (in which aren't Klingons at all), are just what "they" believe the Mirror-verse or anything should be, regardless of pre-existing material to say otherwise. Or it could still just be a Prime Universe, with the same thing of them shitting all over it and doing as they please.

Regardless however. Shit is shit, and this show is that in spades. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#131 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

That is if these idiots even read up on the Star Trek lore. Which they obviously never did.

I thought everyone knew that Klingons ate the hearts of their foes.....  It's the warrior's way. :hai:

The one thing that keeps this Star Trek from being a real Star Trek is that none of the Klingons have drunk nor mentioned Blood Wine. That's how you know these are not real Klingons.

These ST:D Klingons are to real Klingons what Romulans are to Vulcans.

Spoiler

#132 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Did Discovery just show Klingon nudity? Seriously?

Spoiler

#133 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

So first time watching a star treck series.

That ending was poorly done.

You know guy is tired after 133 jump.
Kinda know Amy more is risking and they are not under any fire actually need black alert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users