• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

3414be4878.jpg

Kaguya Shinomiya and Miyuki Shirogane are the members of the incredibly prestigious Shuchi'in Academy's student council, asserting their positions as geniuses among geniuses. All the time they spend together has caused the two of them to develop feelings for each other, but their pride will not allow them to be the one to confess and become the submissive one in the relationship! Love is war, and their battle to make the other confess begins now!

Latest Chapter

This is a masterpiece

ywNzOAo.png

• Zeando and Red Opus like this

#2 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

just finished reading chapter 1, it went from gold to silly, and that was so amusing :lmao:

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#3 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

this looks good I like the concept I will be reading this

#4 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

Every time, every single time the author breaks me with the 'How cute' panels.

#5 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:15 AM

interesting and I love how the supposed geniuses are actually idiots at love. On Chapter 4 now. 

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#6 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

I love this manga. I just discovered it today and read all 16 chapters. 

I regard the writing as brilliant, the art, though simple, is quite nice and complements the story perfectly. 

Do VP and Treasurere remind anybody else of Tomoko and Yu from WataMote...?

This manga reminds me quite strongly of Tonari no Seki-kun, because of the way the two main characters do not communicate. 

But they have similarities: the humor, the priceless facial expressions. Don't you think so...?

I kind of hope Prez becomes CFO of her family's conglomerate. If he does, will he be close enough to her social level for her family to accept him?

Now, with the positive things said, how sad, how tragic that they are not honest with themselves and each other! 

They could truly have a deep, meaningful, grand romance, if only they were not so proud! 

The way they were gazing into each others' eyes after the cat ears...! 

Prez looks a little bit like Seiya Todoin, and the way VP blushes reminds me of the girls of Mysterious Girlfriend X.

I wonder how many people go their whole lives thinking the way these two do, without waking up to the reality that with real love, both win...?

• Insane Soul likes this

#7 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:49 PM

This author cracks me up every single time

c4ec418419.jpg

#8 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,679 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

If he does, will he be close enough to her social level for her family to accept him?

I'm not even sure if that will be a legit obstacle. I can honestly see the family going the Ojojojo route and not caring as long as Kaguya is happy.

#9 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:31 AM

I'm not even sure we will see them graduate or if he will ever meet her family. I'm just sort of speculating.

Of course, her family KNOWS of him, already. (You don't send your precious daughter and heir into a school where you don't know all about the other children!)

It would be interesting to see the parents' opinion of their 'relationship'. Would they say, "Oh, how sweet... I hope they realize how much they love one another soon!"

Or would they say, "I hope they lose interest... I don't want MY child getting involved with someone like that"...? Or would they say something else entirely?

I don't know if they have this in Japanese schools... in American schools, there are 'proms', formal parties where the young ladies and men dress up in their finest clothes

and dine and dance. That is, ballroom dance, like waltz, tango and foxtrot, where you hold you partner in your arms and move rhythmically to the music. It is an 'acceptable'

way of holding someone of the opposite sex.

But I would just love to see the situation. Can you imagine it? Everybody would naturally assume that they would go together, but would either ask the other?

How would it happen? And I want so much to see them holding each other, gazing into each others' eyes. having fun but neither wanting to be the first to admit they are

enjoying themselves! 

What do you think? Will this series go on with both of them proudly and stubbornly refusing to admit their mutual attraction, until the joke is stale?

Or will one of them break down, give in and admit that s/he is attracted? 

Or... does the author have the skill and wit to portray them slowly coming to care about each other, accept each other's weaknesses as well as strengths,

respect each other, stop trying to manipulate each other, treasure one another, each put the other ahead of self and thus have a grand romance? I sure hope so!

What do all of you think?

#10 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

It was incredibly good, I actually laughted while reading this.

Brings back memories, when one was young and pure lol 

It's funny how through spending time with themselves and admiration for each other they turned into state of war where they are conscoius (right?) love rivals between just themselves. Not sure if they even know what they would do next after one of them confessed. Heck, those geniuses should know something about each other, yet they sometimes totally can't read eachother, hence the last chapter, which was horrible - in the totally funny way (just trying to find something to complain - their "faces seemingly too close" was kinda forced :whistle: ), while on other occasions they even seem to cooperate (probably waiting for other to make one wrong move).

I am in favour for the options that they will either confess at the same time for comedy purposes or it will be Kaguya who will do it. she may be the titled heroine of this manga, but her will to be confessed may eventually turn into her confession. I think that also because in manga it's usually women that take the action. There is no "the man must do it" thing mostly. The man are all about "I must protect!" and stuff but rest seems to be handled by women. And the president is so insecure lol (at least comparing to Kaguya).

I don't think this comedy will turn into very long series with their eventual family life and yet the situation can't go on forever (at some point it will seem repetetive), I'm not sure the author will go too deep with the background characters and stories.

The moment they will sop manipulationg themselves and turn for the grand romance will be the end of the comic.

Even if there will be breakdown of one of the characters I would expect it be at the time when they will learn that there is no loss in confessing etc.

I'm expecting happy end, this is no drama 

The art? Nice and smooth.

After first few chapters I decided to read it all. I regret nothing.

Only wish there were some 20 more  :)

#11 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

There WILL BE 20 more! I'm sure of it! 

I'm happy to meet others who like this manga. It adds a dimension that other romance manga seem to omit.

I look forward to the day when Prez overcomes his fear of insects for her sake... perhaps he will see a venomous wasp hovering, about to sting her?

And he will snatch it out of midair, bare-handed, allowing himself to be stung in her place? But he will accidentally strike her in doing so, and she will

think that he cuffed her in response to some insulting comment she made, and she will be angry until he passes out from the venom and she learns what he did.

I can imagine her lunging forward to keep him from slipping on a pencil underfoot, and falling down the stairs, and falling down herself in the process.

But HE would think that she MEANT to push him down the stairs, and resent her on that basis! Until he sees a security video, or someone tells him, and 

realizes the truth.

Finally, I can imagine the grand finale, where they are in some actual danger... perhaps some international crime syndicate tries to take over her family's business

by kidnapping the heir. Perhaps he is the only one who can rescue her, but the crime syndicate targets him as well. Each achieves a willingness to sacrifice themself

for the safety of the beloved one, but each wants the other to survive more than themself!

And then when the evil one is overcome, and the danger is past, at the very moment when everything seemed blackest, they will find themselves in each others' arms,

weeping and kissing, and when they finally pull apart and gaze into each others' eyes and realize that they are not being pushed away, and they will both say,

"I have loved you for a long time, now."

Look forward to it!

#12 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:02 AM

Any idea as to why it states that Shirogane lost? He sure has changed his plan the last moment, but in the end that's what he was aiming for anyway.

#13 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

I think its a bit of characterization, showing us his gentlemanliness. 

He's not in love with Secretary, but when he began to wonder if her real feelings were showing through, he didn't want to 'win' in such a way as to hurt her.

That's why it was a loss.

Maybe if he begins to show more consideration for Secretary, though without falling for her, Shinomiya will become more jealous.

And don't worry about the running score. Someday, at the point in the series where Shinomiya and Prez finally, mutually, simultaneously confess, the final score will say: "Win-win". 

#14 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

Fujiwara confirmed Mastermind and Final Boss.

• Zeando and CDFR-OM like this

#15 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:42 AM

http://bato.to/reade...920e5aa4ca71e_1 new one is up.

Damn again I wish I could go back to the times when I had only problems like this :v

• CDFR-OM likes this

#16 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

Felt kinda bad for him on the last page

#17 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

Don't feel bad for Prez. He doesn't let his feelings show much, but standing out in the rain like that tells me

Prez has the same kind of loyalty and loving devotion for Shinomiya that Hachiko had for his master.

Hachiko's owner only had him for a year before the owner died. The dog mourned for his master ten years before dying.

I only hope and pray that the author will NOT let the love between Shinomiya and Prez go to waste for mere comedy. 

It has already been half a year for them. What a tragedy if neither of them ever confess! And, if one of them were to die, 

the other, realizing what was lost, would also grieve until life was ended.

But I think the author has better things in mind for them.

#18 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

Spoiler From /a/

http://bato.to/reade...f564e8cc792cb_1

Edited by alekos23, 27 May 2016 - 05:09 AM.

#19 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

ch.21

Fujiwara, the destroyer of plans, strikes again

even the weather is making fun of them now

Edited by Zeando, 02 June 2016 - 05:20 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#20 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

my prophetic soul... I thought I was only joking when I spoke of President saving Shinomiya from kidnappers, but now 

Fujiwara mentioned it as a realistic possibility! As much as I like the battle of wits and the sweet feelings they try OH-so-

hard not to show, I am afraid that with pride like theirs, it will take something like an actual physical danger for them to

be honest with themselves and each other. 

I think President loves Shinomiya enough to swim to her rescue, if she is endangered, don't you?

And if she were captive and the only weapon he could find that was small and concealable enough to approach the

bad guy without being seen was one of those big poisonous wasps, I think president loves Shinomiya enough to

overcome his fear of insects and catch one by the wings so he could use it to sting the bad guy and knock him out.

This is a great series, but I'm looking forward to seeing even more tender moments when they finally get serious.

Aside from all that, what would you like to see them do together? Study? Participate in class? Athletics? I'd like to see the

treasurer, wouldn't it be great if he went out with Fujiwara? And President and Shinomiya would be consumed with envy, 

seeing their tender romance and realizing that it is only their pride that keeps them apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users