Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

And now this is beta.

#62 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

He obviously needed the full moon.

#63 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

It is announced that Kaguya going to have an anime.

https://www.animenew...v-anime/.132307

• Fulmine and Kid Frost like this

#64 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:51 AM

140 chapters, and it only keeps getting funnier. How does Akasaka do it?

Edited by Zeta42, 21 February 2019 - 04:52 AM.

#65 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:20 AM

I've heard good things about Kaguya-sama for a while now, but between the recent furor on r/manga and the sheer greatness of the Anime adaptation (it's at the prestigious Gintama-tier by the way), I decided to take a plunge.

I honestly cannot think of a better romantic comedy than Kaguya-sama, ever. Even if not best rom-com of all times, it's still king in the Manga category.

Like, Aka-sensei knows how to satire, ridicule and yet pay tribute to the whole genre while also injecting his fair share of meta-ness into it all. It's outright amazing. How can a male author write a rom-com as well as he does?

Seriously, Shirogane and Kaguya are both just brilliant yet lovable dorks, or in Hayasaka's words, "block-headed Tsunderes". For how ridiculous the premise of the manga is, I want to see them together.

---

The romantic aspects aside, I love the slice of life and (rare) school life moments too, with the character interactions being excellent once the cast expanded. The Manzai comedy is on-point, the happenings are considerably grounded and relatable, and there's so little fan service that I would rate the series at a cleanliness of 90%, a hard achievement given the artstyle most aim for these days.

Heck, for all those reasons above, the series actually reminds me of Sket Dance in a good way (though I put that at 95% cleanliness), not least because Kaguya-sama has a mystery element to the characters' past too

Aka-sensei, please stick the landing of the series all the way to the end. I want this to be a most commemorable story for my reading memories

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users