• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#461 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'm so glad to see how bad response the comic is getting on Naver recently. It's such a relief that finally readers are started complaining about the potholes and forced drama.

Thank you korean readers. I hope authors would finally start thinking of some actual plot instead of continuing the loop and making it a wannabe Dragon Ball Z
banner.gif

#462 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

Rai, a true BFF, risking his very existence in order to prevent his friend from doing something he will regret forever...

#TrueBro

So who is going to save Rai?!?

Shinwoo for 2018!

While still saving Muzaka?

:shrug:

And the SheWWolf?

She's like a mini-soap-opera.

In the future, I expect to see them all happily drinking tea together @ FrankenHome.

I can see the 5th Elder or even Kentas drinking tea. But Muzaka is either beer or soft drinks. #FeckUrTea

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#463 d1r31

d1r31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Location@LINE Webtoon reading Noblesse

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

Well, way back when, when visiting what used to be called a third world country, before political correctness, there was a Chinese restaurant w/o a proper liquor license, (since alcohol was not actually legal for the citizens), that sold beer as their "special tea"...

That's what Muzaka would be drinking...
  • DarkNemesis likes this
IMG_2493.jpg
I like this webtoon by Elizabeth Sperry: http://m.webtoons.co...?title_no=36623

#464 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

This whole Rai is dying due to overusing his powers thing is getting kinda old now i mean either go through with it or stop acting like he's going to die all the time. Man this werewolf arc has been for the most part a drag thank god Franky is still around can we move onto something interesting now?

• strixflash and TheElfThatLied like this

#465 d1r31

d1r31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

LOL @beakedbard
In a way, the death sentence that seems to loom over Rai is actually something that is true for every mortal being -- but most people just live their lives w/o obsessing over this little fact, (and rightly so! Life is better when you choose a positive outlook, etc.)

Rai's selfless (& sometimes seemingly unnecessary) use of his powers to save or avenge his chosen "clan" members is both poignant & exasperating.

I think that fight scenes in manga/webtoons are both great & awful because of the format itself. Fight scenes are supposed to be lightning quick, but because it is drawn frame by frame, it is presented in slo-mo (but still meant to depict quickness, a static drawing meant to depict explosive power -- artists who can convey such impressions are truly amazing). But due to the format itself, great fights take weeks for readers even though the time inside the story is only part of one day.

When you hope to move onto something interesting now... do you mean the next villain?
IMG_2493.jpg

#466 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

F*ck you LINE Webtoons. Can't you hire a translator who actually knows how to translate? Like omitting honorifics wasn't enough so you followed by making characters call Lord by her name even though raw said otherwise. Now you even change the meaning when Frankenstein warned Muzaka of the consequences Garda would face if his master was harmed.

I miss EGS.
banner.gif

#467 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:17 AM

Well I just found out ID and Sword of the Emperor are back. Hiatus is gone. Thank goodness.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#468 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

LOL @beakedbard
In a way, the death sentence that seems to loom over Rai is actually something that is true for every mortal being -- but most people just live their lives w/o obsessing over this little fact, (and rightly so! Life is better when you choose a positive outlook, etc.)

Rai's selfless (& sometimes seemingly unnecessary) use of his powers to save or avenge his chosen "clan" members is both poignant & exasperating.

I think that fight scenes in manga/webtoons are both great & awful because of the format itself. Fight scenes are supposed to be lightning quick, but because it is drawn frame by frame, it is presented in slo-mo (but still meant to depict quickness, a static drawing meant to depict explosive power -- artists who can convey such impressions are truly amazing). But due to the format itself, great fights take weeks for readers even though the time inside the story is only part of one day.

When you hope to move onto something interesting now... do you mean the next villain?

You misunderstand me i understand exactly what they are trying but they've done it far too much to have as much emotional impact. The Rai death fake outs for lack of a better term are becoming boring rather than having some emotional impact because it they've done it so much we don't actually believe Rai is going to die now. I mean i don't think Rai is going to die til the end but the fake outs are just getting a little annoying now. 

What i mean is the whole WW arc has been quite predictable and very boring and most of the antagonists have been so one dimensional its becoming easy to see what is coming. When you compare that to the previous antagonists and arcs this one has just been incredibly slow and very predictable. Don't get me wrong i still love this manhwa but i just think this arc has been lacking quite a lot. Sorry i took so long to reply btw.

• d1r31 likes this

#469 d1r31

d1r31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

@beakedbard
I agree that the villains could have more depth. There were several villains for whom I wanted to know more, get their full backstory. However, other fans might object to such info as filler & it would further drag out the time between fights/ action scenes. Some fans vehemently oppose flashbacks (you know who you are!)

It would be a very rare webtoon story if it did not have that sense of falling into an extended pattern. In a romance story, if it doesn’t work out w/ one pair, we expect that another love interest will either suddenly appear or a minor character will suddenly “power up” & become a possible contender for pairing. This being the type of story that it is, there will always be a big fight, then escalates to an even bigger villain. It was more complex when it would transition between school life & the action of the fight scenes/ danger. However, some considered the school life as mere filler. Difficult to make both storylines compelling.

Rai’s impending doom due to health issue sort of climaxed already when we had the arc where he was
Spoiler
So after that, the sense of urgency & impending doom was deflated. So it is hard to incite that same sense of anguish the fans felt the first time around. I still worry about Rai’s health issue, though.

Edited by d1r31, 14 July 2017 - 08:16 PM.

IMG_2493.jpg

#470 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

http://www.webtoons....&episode_no=468

@d1r31 Honestly it's surprising that you still trying to defend Noblesse on things you can't. But it's your opinion so I guess it's fine.

You do know right how low the ratings are on official korean site, right? The ratings are in response to shallow characterization of the antagonists, the repetitive pattern and the bad writing. You can't justify authors making same one dimensional villains one after the another.

You can check the top comments on Naver. Latest chapter is also the same example.
banner.gif

#471 d1r31

d1r31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

@strixflash

I agree that the story is no longer fresh & new & surprising. I have always wanted more depth on the villains. Even the KSA agents could have had more spotlight on their epic love story (but w/o actually getting into any of the romance, of course). I still want to see what happens next, though.
IMG_2493.jpg

#472 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

I'm only here for Rai's brother, Shinwoo, and the 1st Elder (aka. maybe Franky's apprentice). The story itself is still quite tolerable.

Spoiler

#473 d1r31

d1r31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

I have always wanted more Noblesse. I want the side stories, the backstories, the story from the viewpoint of the other guy. (Let’s face it, Infected Guy was a victim! He really didn’t know what happened to the coffin that disappeared! He was done wrong!) The history of the Union would be fascinating. I guess that despite the many criticisms, Son Jeho & Lee Kwangsu have created a pretty rich world.
  • DarkNemesis likes this
IMG_2493.jpg

#474 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Spoiler

Edited by strixflash, 31 July 2017 - 11:02 AM.

• DarkNemesis likes this
banner.gif

#475 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

@strixflash - wrong thread :lol:

Spoiler

#476 strixflash

strixflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

@strixflash - wrong thread :lol:

Damn. I was so excited with this amazing chapter of Noblesse that I forgot.
banner.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users