#1 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

They're important, and might be the upcoming main villains.

Let's talk :lol:

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,350 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

They're important, and might be the upcoming main villains.

Let's talk :lol:

Why did you not tell us German 66 is a type of card game, too?

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#3 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

I think we'll be seeing Coby soon, based the revelation of what Germa 66 is. He seems like he would read these comics and be inspired to be a Marine
  • Sev and Zeando like this

#4 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Locationon the way to a certain Tea Party

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

I think we'll be seeing Coby soon, based the revelation of what Germa 66 is. He seems like he would read these comics and be inspired to be a Marine

Possible. Perhaps he's among the fleet that will be sent to deal with the aftermath of the Teaparty? It would make sense, too, and would be a nice way to properly introduce him with his new rank as a Captain of the Navy Headquarters. Of course, he wouldn't be in command, but rather one of the direct subordinates of a Vice-Admiral or Admiral (Green Bull, anyone?)

What I find interesting is the reveal that Germa 66 being the evil adversary of a comic hero is at least part of the reason why they are shrouded in mystery - nobody would really think about those villains being real if they are featured in a comic.

Also, them using ship-sized Den-Den-Mushi hints at them being big on secret intelligence and spying - which was shown more than once to be one of Sanjis strongest points.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Denki-Gai no Honya-san, Gin no Saji, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Nisekoi, Magi, Vinland Saga, UQ Holder!

and many more

#5 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

Spoiler

Hope Papa Vinsmoke is the one with the bitching pompadour
  • denimdragon likes this

#6 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Locationon the way to a certain Tea Party

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hope Papa Vinsmoke is the one with the bitching pompadour

Nah, that's probably the 2nd son, while the first might be the one on the right. No way is the hero engaging Papa Vinsmoke in what seems to be a rather large battle :P

Edited by Abu Dun, 02 May 2016 - 11:46 AM.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Denki-Gai no Honya-san, Gin no Saji, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Nisekoi, Magi, Vinland Saga, UQ Holder!

and many more

#7 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

Nah, that's probably the 2nd son, while the first might be the one on the right. No way is the hero engaging Papa Vinsmoke in what seems to be a rather large battle :P

Yeah, looking at it... there's a two on Vinsmoke Pompadour. So he's probably Niji.

Interesting that they are both wearing cloaks the same as the fellow with the scar was this chapter. The one in the back looks like his cloak is turning into wings. Might be a DF

#8 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

large battle? that looks like.....what 1v5? that is big for wimps but nothing John Cena cant handle..... seems like a small battle for the higher level fighters. espically since I am already assuming that the vinsmokes are weak as hell

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#9 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

Define weak as hell.

#10 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

So after seeing this last page

Spoiler

i wonder if this old SBS might be of relevance for Germa 66 or at least the Vinsmokes

http://onepiece.wiki...ki/SBS_Volume_7

D: Why does Sanji-san's eyebrow curl up at the end? Is it for fashion? Make it clear!!

O: Hey!! You there, sit down!! Now listen!! Everyone lives in circles!! The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth all spin in circles!! And!! If the Earth suddenly stopped spinning!! The planet would be covered in tidal waves!! It would be terrible!! Now remember that Sanji's eyebrow channels that same powerful circular energy!! Reflect upon this!! You may go!!

:isee:

Also his eyebrows curl in the opposite direction when compared to Sanji's, wonder if there's some significance to that as well.

Edited by Sanji, 02 May 2016 - 03:35 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#11 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

Nah.

#12 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

Nah.

I don't know, a lot of readers thought that Sanji not having a proper picture in the wanted posters was only meant to be a joke, and now look where we're at with that. You can never be 100% sure when it comes to the implications of anything Oda shares through the manga or an SBS.

Edited by Sanji, 02 May 2016 - 04:08 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#13 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

I don't know, a lot of readers thought that Sanji not having a proper picture in the wanted posters was only meant to be a joke, and now look where we're at with that.

To be honest, I still think that was just a joke. It's looking more and more likely that Sanji's eyebrows are a familial thing. And it doesn't look like he changed his name. If Papa Vinsmoke was to look at the newspaper reports of the Ennies Lobby incident, see this picture of someone with the same name as his estranged son, same hair, distinctive eyebrow (although I think the poster one is slightly different)- he should be able to work out who he is.

Unless Papa is an idiot.

#14 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Also his eyebrows curl in the opposite direction when compared to Sanji's, wonder if there's some significance to that as well.

Of course there would be:

First son will have both eyes as Sanji's left

Second son will have both eyes as Sanji's right

Father... will have them both swirls in each eyebrow  :lol:

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#15 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

To be honest, I still think that was just a joke. It's looking more and more likely that Sanji's eyebrows are a familial thing. And it doesn't look like he changed his name. If Papa Vinsmoke was to look at the newspaper reports of the Ennies Lobby incident, see this picture of someone with the same name as his estranged son, same hair, distinctive eyebrow (although I think the poster one is slightly different)- he should be able to work out who he is.

Unless Papa is an idiot.

Well Duval resembled much more his initial bounty pic and people chased him for that, so while readers might have taken that as a throwaway joke, and nail in the coffin for that whole thing being more than a joke for Sanji, that might have been Oda's way of showing that the clues that were out there would not lead people to chase the actual Sanji, but other individuals who happen to resemble his bounty picture more.

Maybe Sanji also changed his name, i don't think we can tell for sure that he did not.

I mean, there's a lot of speculations that can be made, but Oda definitely linked the change of his bounty picture with this whole development, so i'm sure reasonable explanations can be given in regards to how much the Vinsmokes and others knew and how much the lack of proper bounty pictures contributed to that.

Of course there would be:

First son will have both eyes as Sanji's left

Second son will have both eyes as Sanji's right

Father... will have them both swirls in each eyebrow  :lol:

Hmm, so you mean one son will have both swirls towards the inside, the other towards the outside, and father will have swirls at both ends ? :lol: Then i guess we've seen the one with the swirls towards the outside :lol:

Or maybe his father has both swirls towards the left, since Sanji has them towards the right. That would make more sense, and have Sanji directly oppose him in that regard :isee:

Edited by Sanji, 02 May 2016 - 05:22 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#16 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

Define weak as hell.

cp9 level

banner.png

#17 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hmm, so you mean one son will have both swirls towards the inside, the other towards the outside, and father will have swirls at both ends ? :lol: Then i guess we've seen the one with the swirls towards the outside :lol:

Yesos. Well, or If you look at it, Sanji has them both to his right side, as in here:

Spoiler

So maybe one brother has them to the left side, and the other has the swirls towards the center. And papa vin smoke has them both pointing outside. (Or maybe Father has them both to the left, in the end, that's what looks more like a 6 6 ...)

But anyway, she kind of convention needs to be made  :lol:

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#18 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

D: Oda-sensei! I thought of a great move!

1. Luffy stretches out his arm.

2. Zoro cuts his arm off.

3. The arm shoots away.

Note: the move can only be used twice!

O: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...

yep.......

I don't know, a lot of readers thought that Sanji not having a proper picture in the wanted posters was only meant to be a joke, and now look where we're at with that. You can never be 100% sure when it comes to the implications of anything Oda shares through the manga or an SBS.

yes, dont you dare over look Oda's gems of wisdom like the one above

Edited by captain kidd, 02 May 2016 - 05:21 PM.

banner.png

#19 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

Yesos. Well, or If you look at it, Sanji has them both to his right side, as in here:

So maybe one brother has them to the left side, and the other has the swirls towards the center. And papa vin smoke has them both pointing outside. (Or maybe Father has them both to the left, in the end, that's what looks more like a 6 6 ...)

But anyway, she kind of convention needs to be made  :lol:

Yeah, i'll go with his father having his swirl towards the left since Sanji has them towards the right :isee:

Edited by Sanji, 02 May 2016 - 05:23 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#20 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

Why did you not tell us German 66 is a type of card game, too?

I don't know what you're talking about :shrug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users