• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#221 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:44 AM

The vinsmoke siblings dont seem to have haki. Based on how surprised judge was by knowing that sanji "of all people" could use haki, its safe to assume the siblings just dont have it.

I don't get the logic. What does that even mean? Sanji was the loser son. So Judge was surprised he is capable of using anything at all.

• Zeando, Strobacaxi and Grimmjagger like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#222 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

I don't want to make baseless assumptions

But we have seen fodder that has coa how can these nazi superhumans not have CoO?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#223 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

How does Burgess not have it. Or did he?

#224 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

How does Burgess not have it. Or did he?

CoO? That's in the air since no one actually has coo until the plot says they do.

CoA he does. There was a short glimps of the scene when he was fighting sabo and his elbow was coated.
Also when sabo and Burgess clashed Burgess put CoA on his arm after him and sabo clashed, but the community likes to think that was sabo's CoA infecting burgess' body...... stupid I know.

banner.png

#225 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,619 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

People specializing on one color of Haki is still a thing, it's just the main characters (protagonists and villains) that get the full treatment of all colors because of their importance.

• Zeando likes this

#226 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

Says who?

Try said that everyone has both and some people are better with one or the other.

But we have yet to see any serious fighter that has one but can't even use the other.

I know what you are thinking..... Enel... well he is an unrelated case they didn't even know there was another color(Oda didn't either)....he didn't even know about rubber, let's give him and his priests a break.

banner.png

#227 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

I have yet to see DD use CoO

#228 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

I have yet to see anyone use CoO.

Unlike CoA it doesn't have any tell tail signs it is being used. The only way us fans can tell is if a character yells
"Hey watch out! My CoO is warning me you are about to be attacked"

Some will argue that those weird tic marks when a character notices something is CoO..... but those have happened all manga.... then people will say that is proof characters have been using CoO all manga, that is when you walk away.

banner.png

#229 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,619 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

Says who?

Try said that everyone has both and some people are better with one or the other.

But we have yet to see any serious fighter that has one but can't even use the other.

http://mangaseeonlin...97-page-18.html

"[Most people] gravitate toward the color they're best at."

This is the official English translation, btw.

#230 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:54 AM

Gravitating toward the color you're best at implies you can also use another color except not as well.

http://mangaseeonlin...97-page-12.html

"The ability to sense spiritual energy [COO] and overpower enemies [COA] is something everyone possesses to some degree"

I also doubt the actual plan is to shoot them, I mean who the hell dies from a gunshot? Law was shot three times point blank and he survived with no major problems

Or BM could be expecting them to be like "oh, BM is crossing us, no point in fighting back, it's BM we have no chance, better to let them shoot me in the head and be done with it"

Edited by Strobacaxi, 18 February 2017 - 03:56 AM.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#231 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,619 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

Gravitating toward the color you're best at implies you can also use another color except not as well.

http://mangaseeonlin...97-page-12.html

"The ability to sense spiritual energy [COO] and overpower enemies [COA] is something everyone possesses to some degree"

Which is exactly what the word specializing means. The dialogoue in the page implies that most people neglect one color in favour of another, which is the point.

#232 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

it's as oben says, potentially having both doesn't mean being able to use proficiently both

all this talk started from the assumption the Vinsmokes should be proficient in both, or that if someone is proficient in CoA they should also be skilled in CoO, which isn't valid for everyone

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#233 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

Haki is not everything in this manga.
People are starting to assume that if a character doesn't have haki they will be just fodder.
Spoiler

The above picture shows how a strong body by itself is enough to overpower a haki embedded weapon.

We have seen how hard pacifistas were. This were robots/cyborgs, now imagine genetically modified humans with exoskeletons that's tougher than metal.
Also noted that haki reflects your will. We have been told that the vinsmoke siblings lack emotions so it is possible they lack motivation on their attacks.

Edited by Abaroxa, 18 February 2017 - 07:18 AM.

• Chillman likes this

#234 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

"People are starting to assume that if a character doesn't have haki they will be just fodder."

that's an oversimplification, i would ignore those

"Also noted that haki reflects your will. We have been told that the vinsmoke siblings lack emotions so it is possible they lack motivation on their attacks."

this is an interesting take

sure the part about them lacking emotions sounds still blurry, but it would be interesting if their bodies are so strong they never had the need to learn haki cause their raw fighting ability was already high enough to beat any enemy they ever faced, even those using armament haki

yet, we saw how Yonji's head was modified by a kick from Sanji...

so they may not have learned haki not because they were able to fight with raw power(+ their abilities) enemies with haki

but because they did most of the time clean up jobs, which involved killing armies of a nation which may not had many soldiers with haki in them, while still giving them the impression to be invincible

or they could rely more on tactics (like using their clones as meat shields) over direct raw power from the members of the Vinsmoke family

• Grimmjagger likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#235 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

And Luffy's overpowering Boa sisters pre-TS. Luffy could have already had CoA at that point but well, it's something to note that sheer strength can still beat CoA. The only thing you absolutely need CoA to fight so far in this series is Logia who doesn't have natural enemy.

CoA helps defending and hit harder. So the ''equation'' is like this

Base strength+CoA=attack's strength

Ergo even if one has CoA, it doesn't mean shit if the opponent's strength is too much for him. As long as the sum (attack's strength) is big enough it's good to go. Doesn't matter what contributes to the sum. East Blue Usopp's strength is shit. even if he has CoA I doubt he would win against Akainu in a punching contest even if Akainu does not use CoA

Edited by Fulmine, 19 February 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#236 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

When I said try I meant rey and auto correct decided twice in a row that I actually meant try so it stayed try. I mentioned that.

That being said, gravitate as said above, doesn't mean they don't have the other. I gravitate towards steak for dinner but still eat my fair share of chicken.

And Oda already showed us examples of specilization, he showed us the specialization of luffy sanii and zoro, except for zoro we know luffy and Sanji have both colors why would the villains be different?

Now I might be missinterpertating what you are saying, are you saying that some characters only have one color? Or are you saying some characters are better with one? The former is what I initially thought you were implying but if it is the later then we had a break down in communication.

If you are saying some villains are better with armor instead of observation I even pointed that out in my initial post.

But if you are saying all villains so far have armor and NOT observation, then that is.... well that is food for a long debate.

And Luffy's overpowering Boa sisters pre-TS. Luffy could have already had CoA at that point but well, it's something to note that sheer strength can still beat CoA. The only thing you absolutely need CoA to fight so far in this series is Logia who doesn't have natural enemy.

CoA helps defending and hit harder. So the ''equation'' is like this
Base strength+CoA=attack's strength

Ergo even if one has CoA, it doesn't mean shit if the opponent's strength is too much for him. As long as the sum (attack's strength) is big enough it's good to go. Doesn't matter what contributes to the sum. East Blue Usopp's strength is shit. even if he has CoA I doubt he would win against Akainu in a punching contest even if Akainu does not use CoA

That's not what zoro said......

banner.png

#237 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

That's not what zoro said......

Zolo is stupid. Who cares what he said...

• captain kidd likes this

#238 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Lord knows that is true.

You know the worst part of zoro. It is almost like either Oda gave him the finger or Oda forgot about his promise to never lose until he reaches the top.

It was fine when he lost to Enel everyone does and it was fine when he lost to lucci since he was stuck and couldn't get out. But when he lost to kuma he straight up gave up on life.

banner.png

#239 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

I have yet to see DD use CoO

I'm using it now.

anyways Zoro and Ichiji would be good friends. 

Hopefully, Ichiji for NN.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#240 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

You spelled rejiu wrong
  • Fulmine likes this