there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,417 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

I highly doubt oda reads hxh....

Why not? It's in the same magazine, and we know Oda reads manga himself :shrug:

But don't get me wrong, I really don't think Germa has anything to do with the Zoldycks either.

• Petite Fleur likes this

#262 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Sanji's Family is a big rip off of Killua's family from HxH, even his sister saved his best friend. Plus the fact that they tried to control Sanji. Plus plus the fact that they are assasins and they have a personal army. 
On current news the weather is sweat.. And Oda is ripping of 20 years. I have my eye (currently only one) on Zoro, I except a Berserker rip off there.

Most manga artists base something from their stories on something that influenced them. A lot of protagonists have similarities to Goku.

#263 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

Most manga artists base something from their stories on something that influenced them. A lot of protagonists have similarities to Goku.

Speaking of OP, Luffy does have similarities to Goku.
-Eating a lot
-Superhuman strenght to others
-Dumb idiots

I won't really point them all out tho but, yeah

oulpad9a6ed.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#264 bp.luffy.gr

bp.luffy.gr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

I highly doubt oda reads hxh....

I believe Oda to be a profesional in his industry so he surely knows about the top mangas, like he knew about Naruto.

Why not? It's in the same magazine, and we know Oda reads manga himself :shrug:

But don't get me wrong, I really don't think Germa has anything to do with the Zoldycks either.

Germa is an adaptation of Zoldycks(story) on Power Rangers(style) in One Piece Universe. Likeable but not extraordinary. A power ranger reference inside One Piece. And I have to point out that Zoldycks' assasin/behaviour is more or less adopted by CP9 or CP0.

Edited by bp.luffy.gr, 13 July 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#265 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

Oda would never write wall of text. His characters can't even use a tiny part of their brains unlike HxH characters.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#266 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,901 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

Taking an idea and doing it yourself is fine. Germa 66 being similar to the Zoldycks is fine. Contrast this to Naruto literally stealing every plot point and event from the Hunter Exam forest part of the trial from Hunter x Hunter. Stuff like that isn't okay.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#267 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

I don't even remember what the forest trial of Naruto's Chuunin Exam is like...only Orochimaru gave Sasuke the seal. Are they even that similar?

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#268 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,901 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

I don't even remember what the forest trial of Naruto's Chuunin Exam is like...only Orochimaru gave Sasuke the seal. Are they even that similar?

Go reread them. ^^

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#269 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Taking an idea and doing it yourself is fine
not just ok.  its encouraged.  honestly a big reason people struggle with writing is they put too much pressure on themselves to be completely original and still come up with a story enticing enough to blow up in popularity. 

most of the time its one or the other.  your either really good at world building or story telling, but rarely is anyone adept at both.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#270 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

not just ok. its encouraged. honestly a big reason people struggle with writing is they put too much pressure on themselves to be completely original and still come up with a story enticing enough to blow up in popularity.

most of the time its one or the other. your either really good at world building or story telling, but rarely is anyone adept at both.

I would dare say oda is good at both.

Of course he has several massive short comings. But i wouldnt say either os story telling or world building.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#271 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

I would dare say oda is good at both.

Of course he has several massive short comings. But i wouldnt say either os story telling or world building.

its a trick.  like.  a  slight of hand.  oda leans story telling, but uses a few professional tricks to engrandate his world building.  most of the ideas he uses in world building come from other storys that oda "one pieceifies" to elongate his skills.  also, he uses a very standard, simple formula when it comes to his basic structures.he creates like, most islands are disconnected with very little main plot relivance so that when oda dropps the one piece stuff on you it feels hevier.

compare this with someone like akira toriyama who was just all like "well fuck it.  dinosaurs still exist"

Edited by retroluffy13, 21 July 2017 - 10:15 AM.

• captain kidd likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users