270 replies to this topic

#41 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

I don't see how the tools Germa's shown so far come anywhere close to Vegapunk's inventions. They built a castle on a snail and learned to hover, he reprogrammed a human brain.

So we know that Vegapunk > Caesar, and most of us would agree that Vegapunk > Germa 66 scientists as well. And now we have Caesar being delivered to Big Mom/Germa. Could Caesar + Germa maybe one up Vegapunk, and give the SH Alliance the technological edge, or means to overcome Vegapunk's technology during the final war ? :isee: Like i said in one of my previous posts, Caesar can also create poisonous gasses, which might entice Reiju, so i can really see Caesar joining Germa being a thing, and Luffy gaining their support through Sanji by the end of the story. 

• captain kidd likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#42 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

I don't see how the tools Germa's shown so far come anywhere close to Vegapunk's inventions. They built a castle on a snail and learned to hover, he reprogrammed a human brain.

We have only just gotten a glimpse of their technology.

• Qbix likes this

#43 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

well i noticed a few people beat me to this....but..... I will give it a go and if i steal some of their material then i apologize.

well it is already confirmed that VP has the greatest brain in the world. he is the lead scientist for an organization that has robots after all..... I dont think this is up for debate.

now what you are saying makes sense in the real world. if I were a guy that fixes cars i would probably be able to kick a neurosurgeon's ass in car knowledge. that being said in the world of OP the "smartest" appears to be the same as the title "strongest" meaning it is absolute. VP does what ever it is he does yet he made better poison proof suits then CC did.....the guy who specializes poison. VP suits were so good that people wearing them could safely walk through CC's master piece of poison. also we have seen that VP's DF were much better then CC's shown so far, kiadou kinda confirmed to us that the "grifters" are the guys who ate the artificial DF.and as of now it is a safe assumption to say that all they can do is change their arms or parts of their body...... VP's artifical DF made momo into a dragon.....think he wins there too.

now you could say that VP is actually a guy who specializes in robotics CBRN suits and artificial DF.....and sea stone coating for battle ships and a few other things. but what i have seen so far is a guy who is the smartest......of everything.....(also a man who survived CC's massive gas bomb....ya he was on that island when it went off)

so I am making the assumption that when they said VP had the greatest brain in the world, that was the truth, makes no sense from a real world perspective, but..... so does the strongest fighter being the best fighter (need speed and endurance and skill too)

and that isnt even to mention how stupid hovering and snail fortresses are..... CP9 can already hover without stupid bubble shoes and a ship that is a living being that needs food and fresh water and can get killed by fish or hot water or.....well many things that a wooden boat would brush off, seems like a huge disadvantage. there is a reason that the military no longer rides horse into battle...... the WG has massive metal warships that are near immune from sea king attack and can run on magic and sometimes invisible paddle systems. but ya a snail is cool too....... a single shark bites that thing it starts bleeding and then you got a swarm, but w/e boats are lame.....

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#44 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Locationon the way to a certain Tea Party

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:31 AM

Spoiler

Don't know if anybody has noticed this, but it looks like Germa 66 uses the Yin-Yang symbol as part of their emblem. Which I find odd given what we know of them. Perhaps this hints at a philosophy of them along the lines of balance in everything - which would go along well with them being in cahoots with the WG. I.e. they acknowledge the idea of being the 'Evil' side to the 'Good' WG?

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Denki-Gai no Honya-san, Gin no Saji, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Nisekoi, Magi, Vinland Saga, UQ Holder!

and many more

#45 Qbix

Qbix

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationRobin's lap

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

We have only just gotten a glimpse of their technology.

I mean, those guys seem to be humans enhanced with visible and invisible technology, like a poison filter or whatever. That's not different from turning Kuma into a Cyborg.

• Kazekage likes this

#46 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

Don't know if anybody has noticed this, but it looks like Germa 66 uses the Yin-Yang symbol as part of their emblem. Which I find odd given what we know of them. Perhaps this hints at a philosophy of them along the lines of balance in everything - which would go along well with them being in cahoots with the WG. I.e. they acknowledge the idea of being the 'Evil' side to the 'Good' WG?

That part of the design could also just be tomoe. Given that there's two of them, and they are described as a "swirl" - Oda might have chosen them representing the Vinsmoke eyebrows. And they also look like 6's, and there's two, hence Germa double six (apparently that's the way it's written in Japanese, rather than the number sixty-six).

• Chillman likes this

#47 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

looked to me like the heaven symbol.....or well i dont know much about japan, but it is the symbol sasuke has in his eye, oh actually it is his first sharigun, back when it only had two instead of 3

I mean, those guys seem to be humans enhanced with visible and invisible technology, like a poison filter or whatever. That's not different from turning Kuma into a Cyborg.

poison filter? oh we are not all assuming it was a poison fruit?

"but captain there is already magellan"

hahaha ya, and i thought miss valentine was the user of the kilo fruit, how wrong i was.... this is the super poison fruit, or the eating poison fruit. or what ever slight variation you can think of

banner.png

#48 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

For some strange reason, I have this hunch that Vegapunk actually came from Germa 66 or grew up there and somewhat left them. 

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#49 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

Or he is why the Vinsmoke and the WG are allies

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#50 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:36 AM

For some strange reason, I have this hunch that Vegapunk actually came from Germa 66 or grew up there and somewhat left them. 

Or he is why the Vinsmoke and the WG are allies

you guys think VP. who was a child genius from Karakuri Island the future kingdom. is related to a bunch of north blue assassins?

banner.png

#51 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

you guys think VP. who was a child genius from Karakuri Island the future kingdom. is related to a bunch of north blue assassins?

Vinsmoke can cross Red Line. Who knows what lost child they may have left behind.

• captain kidd likes this

#52 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

Vinsmoke can cross Red Line. Who knows what lost child they may have left behind.

fair enough, but that would be the worst luck in all of OP. I mean losing your kind only to find out he is a genius who created things 500 years ahead of the times. that is sad.

banner.png

#53 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

fair enough, but that would be the worst luck in all of OP. I mean losing your kind only to find out he is a genius who created things 500 years ahead of the times. that is sad.

At least that means Vinsmoke hype is still on since VP is Vinsmoke after all, haha. I guess it's time Franky and Sanji fuse...

#54 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

At least that means Vinsmoke hype is still on since VP is Vinsmoke after all, haha. I guess it's time Franky and Sanji fuse...

my favorite and least favorite SH fuse? honestly my hatred of sanji is many times greater then my application for franky and now that he looks stupid..... i honestly used to like franky a lot, but now adays saying he is my favorite SH is like saying (insert name here) is my favorite vampire from twilight, I hate them all but one is hated with slightly less hate then the others (also i don't know a thing about twilight)................god i have become a synic.....i didn't use to be filled with so much hate.....

I don't know about that man i don't want to be a downer (for once) but I never felt vinsmoke hype.

-"they are a family of assassins" wow....so like CP9...... the strongest organizations strongest assassin group....no way vinsmoke are much better

-"they rules Northblue" wow..... arlong kinda ruled east blue. I know east is the weakest but north cant be that much harder.

-"they are high tech assassins" ya.... VP's brain is said to be 500 years more advance then anything currently...... 

for you sanji fan boys out there

-"they are related to sanji" ya.... the sanji who got his skills from zeff....not the vinsmoke....

see what we have here is 4 different problems at once.

-this story has been going on to long and we have seen nearly all of those things(filler included we have see them 3-4 times over) so none of them impress us the readers. if this was the first time we heard "assassin group" then us readers would be impressed, if this was the first time us readers heard "high tech army" then we would hype them based on just feelings of how bad ass that could be

-Oda has used way too many definitive, strongest this, smartest that, 500 years ahead of who cares. well Oda now every time you want to establish something as a threat if the SH already beat that threat then it isn't a threat unless you want to retconn something us readers held as fact for the better part of 800 chapters. you want us to believe that an assassin family is strong? well the SH crew beat the strongest assassins already. now one could argue that the vinsmoke are better, and we have nothing to back that up, but my argument for that would be. the WG is the strongest organization by far. they crushed the WB pirates in a way that was almost funny. if it wasnt for luffy's anti garp armor and a whole mess of ID prisoners, the WB pirates wouldn't of even touched ace. and organization this powerful should surely have the best assassins. I know that is the composition falicy (assuming a trait of something large is true about its components; cars are heavy therefore the raido in the car is heavy) but i think in this case at least makes sense.

-sanji is a strong fighter but he was trained by the legend red shoes zeff so if you think we will respect sanji's family for being related to one of the crew's strongest you better think again. that is the same as saying buggy was on rogers crew respect him.

-and finally, this is just me speaking now, they want to be the underlings of BM. like i said many times only a coward hides under the banner of another. it is one thing to serve a cause you believe in like the marines but for a pirate to set out to sea with the intent of playing it safe it beyond sad. even you hardcore fans should agree with me, luffy gave the speech when usopp asked rey about the OP, he said people set out to sea risking their lives, not playing it safe hiding, or "using" for you that defend the cowards, other pirates/ the WG.

so that is my carefully listed reasons why i hate the gemma and why they are a waste of my time which Oda hasn't the writing ability to properly hype them.

here is what i would do. Ignore the "high tech" stuff, nothing is more high tech then VP's stuff, and honestly us readers dont need to know that, just say "the gemma fight using 'strange' methods" see? that gives us readers a mystery, hypes them because now they have some mystic behind them. "why are the methods strange? do they kill everyone that sees them fight? do they use DF? what could be strange in a world with DF" that is good, now, still tell us they are assassins, but instead of 6 pages of fishing, devote 1-2 more pages to why we should care about assassins. "they are a family of assassins" *gloomy look *end of chapter, ya not doing it for me. here do this

robin "they are a family of assassins"

luffy "oh like the CP9 guys we fought"

robin "no NOT like CP9, CP9 sucked but they had to answer to someone, G66 (which looks a lot like the number of the beast....) answer to no one"

luffy "oh that isnt really that impressive, what are they going to do kill all of our parents? you know darn well we are all a rag tag group with no family because of all our collective traumatic childhoods"

Robin "you ever wonder why bounties go up past 100m?"

luffy "yes, because bounty started out as a joke like power level but actually turned out to be really dependable as a tool for measuring combat power"

Robin "shut up, no you ever wonder why they go that high? all bounty hunters we meet suck,there was one in DR that fought by throwing stuff at you.....he was legitimately surprised by CoO.....and he was the strongest bounty hunter we have seen so far, who on earth is going to collect Jack's $1 billion bounty if a NW bounty hunter doesn't even know about CoO? an admiral? that is what the G66 do for money, and they bring down Emperor commanders for fun, often bringing down 3-4 a year"

luffy "BB and shanks have all the same commanders i remember them having"

robin "shut up"

ok that would open up more problems then it would solve but it took 5 whole minuets of thinking and establishes them as an actual threat instead of what Oda did; nothing. my favorite problem is it would create the same problem that it had to deal with, that being it would establish them as nearly the strongest bounty hunters (assassins that bounty hunt for money) out there and then if Oda ever wanted to have bounty hunters be a threat then we would not take them seriously

banner.png

#55 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

@captain kidd

Well Reiju is already looking like she's immune to most of what Magellan can do so I would say it's cool. Maybe Oda decides to show rather than tell.

#56 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

@captain kidd

Well Reiju is already looking like she's immune to most of what Magellan can do so I would say it's cool. Maybe Oda decides to show rather than tell.

well so are all logia unless CoA for poison exists. and.......never mind.... actually mind i am not doing anything else.

so it is common knowledge that many animal poisons (mostly snakes and spiders) need to be put into the blood stream to work(you can safely drink them), and (in this case) there are stories that in the past royalty would feed small amounts of poison to their kids to make them immune. Maybe what she did was just a natural thing in the OP world, maybe she was just feed many poisons as a kid, and if you read in my last post the medical science in the OP world is a little wacky, they can cure a body being transformed into ice (not covered with ice but turned into ice) by soaking it in water, they can cure hooks to the spine by walking it off, maybe they can cure poison by sucking it out of the body, there are definitely urban legends that is how you cure a snake bite by sucking the poison out.

so if that is the case then surely there are some poisons that work.

also magellan has poison that destroys rocks (and could destroy all of ID), don't think she can fight that. unless the name of her DF is the "immune to poison and corrosion" fruit

banner.png

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

well so are all logia unless CoA for poison exists. and.......never mind.... actually mind i am not doing anything else.

Only like 12 guys out of a whole world...

#58 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

Only like 12 guys out of a whole world...

but they are like 50% of my favorite character list

banner.png

#59 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:24 AM

but they are like 50% of my favorite character list

That has nothing to do with how strong the Vinsmokes are in One Piece...just in your list of favorite characters...which happens to include like many top-tiers...

#60 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

That has nothing to do with how strong the Vinsmokes are in One Piece...just in your list of favorite characters...which happens to include like many top-tiers...

well ya i know that. If Oda cared about my list instead of the adventures of monkey D luffy we would be reading about the adventures of Enel's holy inquisition where he sends his priests Crocodile kidd Bartolomeo akainu and kizaru into the NW to make a really big throne for him to sit on as he rules the seas.

• Fulmine likes this

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users