241 replies to this topic

#21 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

I'll get used to it. There are certain things I don't care for like Sasuke's hair (Damn if he doesn't look like Snape), and the detail that the artist puts on everyone's lips. But it's not horrendous. And it's pretty damn close to Kishi's style anyway.

Edited by Blue22, 03 May 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#22 Charnsuka

Charnsuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationVoid of 'Meh'

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

How are you gonna get me somewhat hyped to read something Naruto related with the first couple of pages and then pull that bait and switch and just retell the story from the movie...

Spoiler

Edited by azer_moli, 03 May 2016 - 12:08 PM.
spoiler tags

• Blue22 likes this

#23 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

Boruto is such a brat during the course of the chapter. Naruto at least wasn't always irritating. Based on his monologue I assume he grows as a person eventually.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#24 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

I feel like, for the most part, Boruto's behavior is warranted. Naruto's a bit of a moron who somehow manages to fuck up time management, even though being in two places at once was the only thing he was good at for the first half of his career as a ninja. I'd be a little resentful too. He did go more than a little too far when he tried to compare his childhood to his father's though.

#25 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Well this was just he beginning of the Boruto movie, which I jsut recently watched, so it was really boring for me :/ except for the little extra look into the future ,where boruto actually looked quite badass.

I think I will first go in this manga again when they finished the movie plot.

Also I think the art style is alright, so the girls all look totally different and have kind of bad hairstyles. (hinata looks especially strange to me)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#26 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

It's not exactly warranted at all really. He has plenty of family and friends and we have been shown that naruto spends time with his family even if he is probably burn more chakra then he to during the day.
  • Raiden likes this

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#27 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

3 months of telling us what happened in the movie...series will continue in September - it's monthly. The art = fail but bearable...repeating what we already know from the movie for the next couple of months is the problem - killed all the built up hype I had waiting for the series...

It's worse in Bleach with the mini gods that don't die and there I was hoping to catch a break with Boruto!

:kakashi:  We back

#28 Urazz

Urazz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:39 PM

I personally feel the artwork is pretty atrocious.  Sure it looks similar to Kishimoto's original work in some fashion but I don't like how some of the elder characters were drawn, i.e. Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, etc.

#29 soccerislife

soccerislife

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationIn the darkness....No, seriously, anyone have a flashlight?

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

Don't think I'll be touching this series. I already feel like it's going to be horrible.

KUn5clI.jpg

Too lazy to change the sig. Found the avatar too hilarious to pass up though. xD

#30 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Cringeworthy, Forced father complex...

LolNo.

#31 Tyler

Tyler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

so at this pace how long is it going to take him to adapt the boruto movie?

Edited by Tyler, 03 May 2016 - 01:02 PM.

#32 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

It's not exactly warranted at all really. He has plenty of family and friends and we have been shown that naruto spends time with his family even if he is probably burn more chakra then he to during the day.

It's not like he never spends any time with them ever, but I get the feeling he's not spending as much time as he could. We see through pictures that he isn't outright neglectful. But if he was always there when he should be, I don't think Boruto would be as angry as he is and I don't think that conversation with Hinata would have gone down the way it did. Incidents like the one at Himawari's birthday celebration have definitely happened before. He's the Hokage in one of the most peaceful ages in Ninja history. He can afford to switch with a clone every now and again to spend time with his kids in person. Sending shadows clones to be with your family instead just comes off as not caring to me. Like looking forward to seeing somebody you love but then all you get is a phone call. It's disappointing. And people disappointment differently (and in this case, it's implied to be multiple disappointments) I don't think Naruto is a bad father and I believe he genuinely doesn't realize how hurtful simple things like that can be. I just understand why Boruto would act the way he does.

If anyone here is familiar with Legend of Korra, then this whole situation has to be sounding pretty similar to Aang's family. The only difference being that Aang had time for at least one of his three kids :P

Edited by Blue22, 03 May 2016 - 01:09 PM.

• masterbio likes this

#33 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

It's going to last for 2-3 more chapters at best, so expect new content somewhere around September lol

2-3 more chapters retelling the tale of the film, before they progress into newer story. lol

Seriously why?

When you know. You can just watch the film itself. lol

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#34 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

We all know we are going to be reading this anyway...

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,174 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

2-3 more chapters retelling the tale of the film, before they progress into newer story. lol

Seriously why?

When you know. You can just watch the film itself. lol

That's the big question everyone is asking

I dunno if I'm even gonna follow this until the movie stuff ends unless they expand the CE bits like I hope they will

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

Eh. If I could wait 20+ episodes for DBS to finally get its shit in gear (with less than stellar results :<_< :) then I can wait for this. Now the real question is WILL I wait. And the answer is...probably not. There's a good chance these chapters might cover things that the movie didn't so I'll just stay tuned every month and complain with everyone else :P

Edited by Blue22, 03 May 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#37 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

Didn't particularly care for this. Didn't hate or love it but I am curious enough so I'll probably read the rest. At this point though I'd tell Kishi to stop milking the series but then I remember Toriyama and him currently destroying Dragonball so in comparison Kishi isn't bad at all.

• Blue22 likes this

#38 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

So about the stuff that isn't a retelling of the Boruto film, along with some redesigns and what not.

It seems Boruto lost an eye and got it replaced with a Byakugan.

Possible death flags for Himawari or Hinata?

An when he activated it. It didn't seem to have the vein like Byakugan.

Possible chance that with the Hamura and Hagoromo power passed down to him, that he's using a Tenseigan?

Naruto is possibly dead, and Konoha (and probably more) is destroyed yet again.

Is this the result of another rogue faction, or maybe another war between nations?

Finally were those Sage Mode markings on Baruto and his enemy, or possibly something else?

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#39 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:25 PM

Think the real question is "will we be taking it seriously?" - as in read it on day of release vs take your time and read it sometime during the month...it's like that female you give just a passing glance coz she doesn't give off that vibe or has very little to be desired...think i'll stop bashing now. Phew!!!

:kakashi:  We back

#40 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

I didn't even finish reading the chapter. I'll just wait for the dub of the movie. At the very least, it'll probably take at most 5-6 chapters. Also I'll be surprised if this series lasts more than 50-100 chapters. I can't see it even being half of Naruto's length.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users