#21 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

To give my thought, while Teruhashi's crush on Saiki does get more and more cute (not to mention the author keeps drawing her better and better), her whole "the world revolves around me" mindset keeps me from cheering for her. Like, she's not worthy to be Saiki's girlfriend.

I do wonder though. If Saiki loses his X-Ray Vision, will he see girls somewhat differently? Probably not, given his Telepathy.

---

Let's try switching the topic a bit. Did you know, Saiki made an appearance in J Stars Victory Vs?

I don't know how the Anime's Kamiya-san will sound as Saiki, but I simply love his voice here. The tone just completely suits his character.

Also, because of his Triple Rocks move, many players considered Saiki to be one of the most OP characters.

---

Heck, when the game was first released in Japan, there was one chapter where Saiki played a J Stars-esque game. And then proceeded to digitally give the Jump motto of "Friendship. Effort. Victory!" the middle finger.

And his Burst move with the giant psychokinetic bomb? It's canon. Saiki actually used that move once in the manga.

With the "not worthy for Saiki" logic, he'd die a virgin. Well, I'm on the same boat.

Well, if he meets a girl true to herself telepathy wouldn't bother Saiki. But even if he loses his X-ray vision, the setting for Saiki is that "he got sick of seeing naked girls when he was 3." In a sense , that'd mean when Saiki finally shows interest in some girl it would not be for her body. Talk about a pure love lol.

Well, that tone does fit Saiki. Buut I don't think voice-acting as Saiki would be any hard. You just need a voice actor with a stereotypical Japanese young-man voice and have him read the lines as if he's reading a scientific article to the classroom. It doesn't make it any less entertaining though.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#22 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:14 PM

I like what you said about Saikis parents, taichi. (but can it be called a 'ship' if they're ALREADY married...?)

Even tho' Saiki is dying of embarrassment from their affection for one another, it's downright refreshing and 

nice to see a couple get along without the (artificial, exaggerated) manga stereotype reactions!

Despite the portrayal of Papa as a boot licker, he obviously works hard for his family. And (IMHO) Mama is downright hot!

I can see why he loves her. I wonder if part of Saiki's reaction against romance is his own embarrassment at not wanting

to be 'just like' his parents...?

I think Teruhashi will have to mellow a little bit and lose some of that superiority complex before she will be more 'worthy' 

of Saiki. But of course, I would like to see him do the same. How would he react if somebody really learned of all his 

powers, and then instead of idolizing him (as the ghost-seer does) say, "Oh, you poor little boy with no challenges, surprises

or sense of accomplishment in life! I feel sorry for you!" How would Saiki react to genuine pity?

On a side note, I was re-reading the other night, and I noticed Saiki said that clairvoyance/ x-ray vision doesn't work against

OTHER telepaths...! (Ch5. p4) This means not only that there ARE other telepaths in Saiki's world, but he knows who at least

some of them are! I wonder who they could be? Government agents, detectives... or on the other hand (if the powers are linked

to random genetic changes) retarded or criminally insane. I hope we eventually find out.

#23 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

I suppose so. But an OTP is an OTP whether as a ship or as an officially married couple. It does not seem artificial but let's be honest. That love IS exaggerated, it's too good to be true.

On a side note, I would actually love to see an arc that focuses on Saiki's parents. Maybe a flashback arc of how they met, or some focus on the father's boot licking.

Also, it's the most common thing for children to act in the exact opposite way of their parents' behaviours that they don't like. So I guess, as you said Saiki's lack of showing affection for other people may indeed be due to his parents' overwhelming 'lovey-dovey' attitude.

As for Teruhashi. That, or a rival(an actual one, not a side character like Yumehara) shows up and it leads Saiki to consider romance. Though character developments are usually very rare in Gag manga so I wouldn't expect much from it. At best, Teruhashi and this new love rival tries numerous and more intense methods to win Saiki over. With which, Saiki eventually starts to drop his guard down.

___

Imagine this scenario: Nendou is actually a psychic. Since he could not read Saiki's mind he immediately identifies him to be another psychic. So as not to draw suspicion from Saiki he intentionaly puts on an idiot front. And all the shenanigans he apparently unwillingly put Saiki into was actually him testing the extent of Saiki's powers. And that moment when he plucked out Saiki's power limiter was actually by no means an accident but Nendou experimenting and analyzing those devices.

Ba dum tsss...

Well if that were to happen things would take an irreversible 180 degrees turn for a more serious story so I really don't see it happening at all. But if that actually were to happen...

I mean, Nendou's father is Toritsuka's guardian spirit (not confirmed?); so he may not be just an idiot.

That... or nendou really does not think at all :D

Edited by taichi, 03 June 2016 - 01:20 PM.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#24 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

I find your scenario entirely plausible!

I immediately suspected Nendou of having a mind shield when Saiki couldn't read his mind, and I wondered if everybody

in the series had powers... not along the battle-cycle manga stereotype Saiki thought of (in the chapter where he explained

how he altered the world with mind control), but I wondered if Saiki was, somehow, undergoing psychodrama-therapy for his

social shyness, and the other characters were his therapists!

Maybe not that far. But Saiki himself has lampshaded Nendou's absurdly-lucky 'guesses'... guessing the correct Saiki household

out of the 1407 ones that exist by that name and stumbling across it? Isn't that a little too much to dump on poor coincidence?

Either Saiki is subconsciously using his powers to draw friends to himself or there is something else at at work. Not necessarily

anything sinister, but it is NOT coincidence. (It could be pure comedy, in which case it will have to be handled correctly to keep

from getting very stale very quickly.)

Sometimes when I am reading a new manga and wondering what it will be like, if people have not already spoiled the genre, I try

to guess, Which factors of the first chapter/ first arc will remain and which ones will turn out to be mere mystery/ suspense-building

'cake frosting', so to speak...? Some of the most intriguing manga I have read have been those where it turns out that everything the 

MC THOUGHT he knew was a lie, a hoax, a dream, etc. And then he has to get used to the changes so that life, and the story, can go on.

There could indeed be 'more serious' things going on just below the surface that we (and Saiki, at the moment) don't know about.

Character development would not be entirely out of place... it would just have to be handled very carefully. 

Consider how little Teruhashi actually KNOWS about Saiki. He's never spoken to her! (ha-ha) But it seems to me that the ONLY reason she is

interested in him is that he is able to resist her power; i.e., that he has a defense against her constant transmission of feelings that drive men

wild for her. ...maybe it's NOT just her over-inflated opinion of herself. Maybe Saiki altered the world a little bit more than he realized, or meant 

to do.... 

I love the little bits of consistency... Hairo is 'hot blooded' as a fire-user should be. But at the beach, Kaidou 'shorts out' in the water, as we would expect 

someone with electrical powers to do! (Judgement Night of Thunder!) And then, curiously enough, when Hairo tries to swim to rescue a drowning victim,

he seems to lose steam.... Fortunately Nendou with his water-power has no trouble. He's like a scrubbing bubble in the bathroom-cleaner commercials...

"His power is released in water!"

There could also be another scenario. What if Kaidou is right about Dark Reunion being after the Jet-Black Wing...? If there was an other-dimensional

evil organization at work, Saiki wouldn't necessarily be aware of it right away. If JBW knew his physical body was about to be destroyed, then he might

try to project himself into another world where he could gain powerful allies in the fight against Dark Reunion! Now wonder he's so desperate to become

Saiki's friend! (If allies like Nendou, Hairo and Toritsuka are the best he can come up with, JBW is doomed.) Perhaps their powers are weak now only

because they are unpracticed.

Want to hear an even wilder scenario? (This falls partly under the heading of powers/weaknesses we haven't seen yet.) Suppose Saiki is temporarily

affected by some glowing radioactive meteors that neutralize his powers. The world will be destroyed and he along with it (so he's not being all noble

and altrusitic when he does this) so he must power up the others. Could Saiki stimulate psychic powers in the others or (again, only temporarily) LEND

his powers to the others? And the humor aspect could be preserved if Saiki had to resort to more and more ludicrous 'explanations' as to why they were

able to do those things, so that they wold BELIEVE it was only a hoax or a dream! I can imagine Yumehara OR Teruhashi, either of them, saying, "When I

saw Saiki-kun's body under the car, somehow I developed the tremendous strength to lift it from him before he could be injured! (Sigh) He inspires me so!"

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your ideas. These discussions make the manga twice as much fun!

#25 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

In a nutshell... What you're suggesting is, at some certain point in the manga, there is a sudden plot twist that morphs the series from a gag manga to superpowers battle manga. Surely, there's enough material to hint to a hidden sudden turn around. Or at least, they can be conveniently interpreted in such a way. I'm more inclined to believe the author is intentionally making things to give possibilities to both routes.

Surely, all the coincidences seem to be too much to be mere coincidences. Unfortunately extremely unlikely coindicences are quite common in gag manga. But that doesn't make a twist completely impossible. I mean,why not?

I'm not entirely sure as to which route (serious or gag?) the author was initially planning to settle upon. However, I'm quite sure he has definitely at least considered both possibilities(and maybe even prepared some ideas in case); and depending on the fanbase reaction he may go both routes. He may test the readers reactions with short semi-serious arcs, and if he gets positive results, there comes the plot twist.

Honestly, I'm ok either way. I like gag manga. But I also love plot twists.

Oh, one more detail from me. Remember the new years arc? The one that started with Saiki's dad spilling the beans. But the next chapter Saiki somehow managed to get out of that trouble, by having the conversation topic changed. Now... who was the one that managed the change the topic?  :whistle:  (but got back on track in the next page) I'm quite certain the author has already been measuring the readers' pulses.

By the way, you're speaking like we still don't know about Dark reunion. What are you talking about? Dark Reunion is none other than Saiki Kusuo! (ch 11)

Well, since wild scenarios are on the loose here's one more from me:

-Dark Reunion actually exists. And it is none other than Saiki Kusuo. But not this one. An evil, lonely, alternate future Saiki Kusuo. Being younger and all, current Saiki is not a match for him. Then he notices that the only people that could give Saiki serious headaches despite his broken powers are none other than his oddball friends. Current Saiki must somehow utilize their aid to defeat Dark Reunion(Aka future Saiki)... All the while still trying to keep his secrets from his friends, for the added suspense and hilarity! I would love to see something like this.

This thread should have been created long ago.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#26 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

I didn't expect you to reply so quickly, but thanks!

No, it need not be a sudden plot twist... it could be something designed to keep the readers guessing and drive their curiosity wild.

Looking at it from a writing-and-publishing perspective, the writer may well have wanted to do a gag manga all along, but if sales slipped

and enough readers wrote in to say "When will we see a serious battle between Saiki and Kaidou?" or something like that. Then the writer 

could say, 'Okay, I didn't really want to do this, but I do want to keep my title in the public eye, so I'll do as the publisher suggests and make

some changes in how I present the storyline." I'm sure that has happened to other manga, when a slow-moving plot had to be scrapped in

favor of something that would sell better.

I foresee good things ahead for Saiki! 

BTW, I love the vomics that I've been able to find. Can't wait for the anime. 

#27 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

I just happened to be online. Count us lucky.

Well... I'm not sure if I'd like that. I'm in favor of the author doing it the way he planned. Or at least not go with "didn't want but should for the readers". Have you read Beelzebub? It was really fun but everything went down the hill when the author was forced down a serious path even though he clearly gave signs of staying as a gag manga. It could have been another one of my favorite "weekly doses of absolute hilarity" but it instead just became something I remember with disappointment.

I mean, if he had any serious plans, just in case, he could go with it. But if he hadn't considered it at all, he just should stay the heck away from that path.

Well, I suppose, in a sense, If the humor no longer amuses the readers a gag manga is doomed to perish whether it keeps on with the comedy or tries a serious turn.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#28 Kao Arika

Kao Arika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Without spoiling anything for sure, I can tell that Asou-sensei has been able to keep the "gag manga" thing of the series in the last 4 years. I mean, the title has been stable in that route, so I don't think he would go for something that it's really serious (and if so, he would twist it to go back in that "status quo"). I mean, there's a reason why the series is called "The Misfortune/Disaster/Mishaps of Saiki Kusuo". If that's how the series has worked with for a long time, and the author is still good at it from the very start (perhaps better knowing that some character relationships would probably get improved)... I don't think there will be a change into that.

I think the success of the series is not only on Saiki's shoulders of his perception of his... *cough* "miserable" life as an overpowered psychic, but that quirky cast of characters that interact with him and the situations they provide to his life, be it his parents or his "friends". If that sudden changes, well... the series wouldn't be as enjoyable as it still is.

----

About the anime cast -

I still think that Asanuma Shintaro (Saiki's voice in the J-Stars/VOMIC/web anime series) was perfect as Saiki, because he could deliver that monotone speech, in a somewhat deep voice that I thought it would fit in Saiki's character. This was the first time I heard Asanuma in anything, so it was still unusual for me listening him... I know Kamiya Hiroshi would be able to do a good job in the anime (I can imagine what kind of tone he would do, hah)... but then again, I understand why the recast was made (same train of thinking in getting Ono Daisuke as Nendou... then again, last year OnoD casted as Jyushimatsu surprised me in so many ways... and that was AFTER he was Jotaro in JJBA...)

Edited by Kao Arika, 05 June 2016 - 03:53 AM.

• taichi, gamria and CDFR-OM like this

#29 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:57 AM

wait... wait... WHAT WHAT WHAT?

Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke duo is gonna voice Saiki and Nendou?
D:

Fujoshi will be very amused. So will I. I mean, It's Onorin and Kamiyan!

(And I know at least one friend that I can definitely get to watch it :rolleyes: )

PS: Just saw chapter 39. There is a very thin line between a Falcon Punch and a Naru punch. That line is determined by the intentions of its user. And I'm more inclined to believe Saiki used Naru Punch.

Edited by taichi, 05 June 2016 - 04:05 AM.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#30 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

http://bato.to/reade...9ff2fc0b4b89_11

Speaking of "elements", I wonder if Asou-sensei designed Saiki with Pokémon type advantages in mind.

After all, Saiki, the Psychic, is scared of Bugs

There's something else down along the line too... and it's utterly glorious.

This moment came far sooner than I expected, but it's here nonetheless.

Is it not glorious? Saiki is weak against ghosts. GHOSTS!

We even have a Super Effective joke!! And Saiki in classic Pokemon 16-bit too!

About the anime cast -

I still think that Asanuma Shintaro (Saiki's voice in the J-Stars/VOMIC/web anime series) was perfect as Saiki, because he could deliver that monotone speech, in a somewhat deep voice that I thought it would fit in Saiki's character. This was the first time I heard Asanuma in anything, so it was still unusual for me listening him... I know Kamiya Hiroshi would be able to do a good job in the anime (I can imagine what kind of tone he would do, hah)... but then again, I understand why the recast was made (same train of thinking in getting Ono Daisuke as Nendou... then again, last year OnoD casted as Jyushimatsu surprised me in so many ways... and that was AFTER he was Jotaro in JJBA...)

wait... wait... WHAT WHAT WHAT?

Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke duo is gonna voice Saiki and Nendou?

You know what's funny? Saiki himself thinks that to have Kamiya-san to voice the voiceless him is a pitiful thing

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#31 Kao Arika

Kao Arika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

@taichi Yeah, pretty much. I was going to add to that post "To appeal any casual (voice acting) fan" so... that's definitely one thing to think about the recast.

Cast revealed up until now as follows:

Saiki Kusuo - Kamiya Hiroshi

Saiki Kuniharu (dad) - Iwata Mitsuo

Saiki Kurumi (mom) - Aikawa Rikako
Kaidou Shun - Shimazaki Nobunaga  (fun to think about that My Love Story!!'s Sunakawa is replacing Takeo -Eguchi Takuya- as Kaidou)

Nendou Riki - Ono Daisuke
Teruhashi Kokomi - Kayano Ai 

Yumehara Chiyo - Tamura Yukari
Hairo Kineshi - Hino Satoshi

Toritsuka Reita - Hanae Natsuki 

• taichi likes this

#32 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:57 AM

What a great chapter! How hilarious, how APPROPRIATE that two generations of Nendou are harassing Saiki!

Thoughts and impressions: I wonder what Saiki DID to create the giant hole in the lot across the street?

(It seems to me that it must have had something to do with him. I mean, giant holes don't appear from

nowhere! And people would have seen or heard excavating machinery. ...was it just a sinkhole? Will we

learn in the next chapter that Nendou Jr. fell in because neither his father's spirit nor Saiki were there to

protect him? Will Saiki feel guilty? Guilt IS (at least marginally) effective against Saiki, because he wants to

avoid guilt by not letting Nendou know he is home.

And, to borrow a line from Kaguya-sama, 'How Cute!" to see Saiki scared when Nendou Sr. enters!

Saiki should have been able to anticipate that Nendou Sr. would follow him, because (in the spirit realm/

psychic plane) there is no 'distance'. 

And, gamria, you were right when you said the 'giant psychokinetic bomb' was just like in the J-Stars game!

Now, I know Saiki said in an earlier chapter that when he was little a national intelligence agency tried to 'study'

him, and neither the nation nor the agency exist any longer. I didn't take it seriously back then, but of such things

do authors lay groundwork for future continuity. And the look of satisfaction on Saiki's face when he thought

he got Nendou Sr. ...! From this I deduce that Saiki has indeed killed before.

Noting how upset Reita got when he realized that Saiki could see Nendou's ghost, I have a funny feeling that one

of Saiki's powers is Ability Absorption (compare to Rogue, from X-Men) which Saiki accidentally activated when he

touched Reita without his gloves on, once. THAT was how Saiki OBTAINED the power to see ghosts. It may wear off.

And, while Reita is whining and being jealous of Saiki's powers, "I'd give them to you, if I could". Foreshadowing...?

"...one or two more Nendous...." Is Mrs. Nendou going to get interested in Saiki now? Compared to her, Yumehara 

and Terahashi seem downright acceptable! ...and Nendou Sr. would be jealous....

It may be a little too early for this, but I am going to postulate (don't get aroused, that means come up with a theory) the 

Principle of Conservation of Psychic Powers, which states, "psychic powers can neither be created nor destroyed, but 

can only be transferred from one worthy individual to another." This opens the path to potential stories where Saiki tries 

to GET RID OF his powers by transferring them to other people! and finds that they are either not worthy -- it causes more

trouble than it solves, so he has to recover his powers from those others, somehow!

We may EVEN learn how Saiki obtained his powers in the first place, because (as I think I commented somewhere) he

obviously didn't inherit powers from airheads like his parents genetically. He may have come into contact with something

from another dimension and absorbed their powers. Dark Reunion, anybody...?

#33 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

http://bato.to/reade...9ff2fc0b4b89_11
This moment came far sooner than I expected, but it's here nonetheless.
Is it not glorious? Saiki is weak against ghosts. GHOSTS!
We even have a Super Effective joke!! And Saiki in classic Pokemon 16-bit too!

You know what's funny? Saiki himself thinks that to have Kamiya-san to voice the voiceless him is a pitiful thing

Well, he may be weak against ghosts under normal circumstances. But with his astral projection that hardly becomes less of a problem. A problem nonetheless :D

Of course that's what Saiki would think. Isn't that also a part of his daily self-proclaimed misfortune? Saiki's gonna complain regardless.

I have a funny feeling that one of Saiki's powers is Ability Absorption.

"...one or two more Nendous...." Is Mrs. Nendou going to get interested in Saiki now?

Just wait until Saiki absorbs Nendou's power of idiocy. It will be hilarious :D

Oh god no please. I've got enough horny mother trauma from Sakamoto desu ga? Even if it gets hilarious at times, that kind of thing is downright creepy. Though, the author does not seem to be afraid of being "downright creepy" >_>

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#34 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:05 AM

Noting how upset Reita got when he realized that Saiki could see Nendou's ghost, I have a funny feeling that one

of Saiki's powers is Ability Absorption (compare to Rogue, from X-Men) which Saiki accidentally activated when he

touched Reita without his gloves on, once. THAT was how Saiki OBTAINED the power to see ghosts. It may wear off.

Recall that Saiki can see Nendou's dad on the chapter right before Reita was introduced, when he and Kaidou visited his grave

Chapter 40:

http://bato.to/reader#f136b8ec763e4457

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#35 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

Recall that Saiki can see Nendou's dad on the chapter right before Reita was introduced, when he and Kaidou visited his grave

Chapter 40:

http://bato.to/reader#f136b8ec763e4457

Okay, you're correct. I forgot that. I got too excited, postulating.

Now, what's this about the ring that neutralizes telepathy? Recalling how Saiki once compared life to an RPG,

the ring sounds like a magical item. 

How weird is Saiki going to feel when he can't read ANY minds around him? Will he feel lonely? Relief, at not

having to listen to all the 'background conversation' all the time? Afraid, because now EVERYBODY is just like

Nendou, who could (theoretically) kill him without warning?

(Hmm... could Nendou have been wearing a ring like that all along ["It was my father's, so I'm wearing it in his memory"]

and Saiki just didn't notice? )

[Gold Water... hmm. Barry Goldwater, Republican Presidential nominee in 1964? Probably not. 

Tuborg Gold, "The golden beer of Danish kings"...? More likely. At least, after it was used....]

If I were Saiki, I'd check that ring for an inscription.  

#36 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

Gonna say this again. Saiki's parents, best pair ever. Also best parents ever. Except the fact that they are self-destructively stupid. It really is a miracle they managed to survive this face. Has to be Mom's over-protective devotion and Dad's boot licking skills.

Gold Water actually reminded me of Golden Shower, which is... well... You either know what it means or you're better off not knowing.

And oh man the following chapters will be good. I'm assuming Saiki will have a momentary relief. Immediately followed by a crazy sense of insecurity which will drive him to the corners of madness.

If I were Saiki I'd immediately attempt to disintegrate it.

(Hmm... could Nendou have been wearing a ring like that all along ["It was my father's, so I'm wearing it in his memory"]

and Saiki just didn't notice? )

I don't think so. If Saiki were to be able to read even a single thought of Nendou for even a split second it would competely destroy Nendou's purpose as a character. And if Nendou's unreadable mind is a result of such an item Saiki would attempt with all his might to remove that item even if for a split second. Though, it may be that Saiki cannot prevail to accomplish even that little despite all his superhuman efforts.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#37 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

I've just come across a manga, Yuki ni Tubasa, where the MC has telekinetic/ telepathic powers he doesn't want.

The synopsis sounds rather dark, however, and I was wondering if anybody else has read it. Is it worth reading?

Or is it too depressing?

I'd sort of like to read it and compare it to Saiki Kusuo, to see which of them is more powerful, which is more

depressed over their powers, whose powers are actually more useless, etc. 

Opinions, ideas, suggestions? I won't bother to provide feedback if nobody's interested, so please let me know.

#38 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

Saiki Kusuo Anime PV1: (couldn't find a YouTube copy)

http://www.bilibili....ideo/av4957891/

• CDFR-OM likes this

#39 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:48 AM

More visuals for Saiki Kusuo Anime:

http://kaoarika.tumb...-nan-additional

Interesting, we've got visuals for Aren.

So how will this work? Adapt all the way beyond the Okinawa Field Trip arc, or try to include him earlier beforehand? Episodic gag series may allow for more flexibility, but I'm hoping that Aren will pop up after the Field Trip as it should be.

In any case, I look forward to seeing Aren, he's one of the best supporting casts.

---

Looking over the listings for Summer 2016 again, I see that Mob Psycho 100 Anime will be airing this season too.

As a fan, I'm delighted to have both. Yet, with both series being about psychics, having a gag nature and Saiki having lesser fame as is, I'm worried that it might lose presence, or at least experience viewer conflict

(Although, Saiki starts airing one week before Mob does)

• Kao Arika likes this

#40 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:37 AM

I forgot, some people might not have read this special crossover yet:

http://bato.to/reader#081b8bda90226ac9

Also, are you proud of yourselves @CDFR-OM @taichi

http://bato.to/reader#f299d43e680b208f

• taichi and CDFR-OM like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users