#1 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,882 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

The Master List tells me he needs a thread...

Will he regain his old strength?

#2 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

We don't know how powerful Moria used to be, although it seems safe to say he became lazy over the years. I've said it before, but he shares a lot of sentiments with Crocodile: they lost to the Yonkou, became Shichibukai, fought Luffy, and lost their original dreams after spending time in the New World. In a way, he's like a less intelligent version of Crocodile. The question is, will he also go to the New World, or will he simply wallow in his own disgrace? 

#3 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,882 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think he'll back up - I'm fairly sure his old strength was really great (given that he saíd he was obsessed with physical strength and fought Kaidou equally), and since he still has ambitions (had them at TB, at least), I guess he started training.

#4 ZSword

ZSword

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

I think he'll first revert back to his athletic frame or fairly bulky build back in Romance Dawn. Next, he will improve his DF to the point where he can take shadows from not just living beings but also inanimate objects. He'll possibly gain the properties of whatever he absorbs; I.E. if he takes the shadow of a tree, he can look like a tree, have the feel of a tree and his endurance will increase when the sun's out, allowing him to use energy from photosynthesis in different ways. He could take the shadow of a rock and become sturdier like that but at the same time, he becomes heavier and his movements are more restricted. Not only that, he can cause others to fight against each other by manipulating their shadows. (Note: This is all just a prediction).

Edited by ZSword, 23 December 2012 - 09:02 AM.

• Hellion likes this

#5 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

^ Could you link me to picture of his older days? :3

#6 ZSword

ZSword

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

The best I can do is One piece Wikia: http://onepiece.wiki...ki/Gekko_Moriah . Just scroll down to the Gallery *shrugs* Though...now that I look at it, it doesn't necessarily prove that he had an athletic build. He's undoubtedly thinner but....eh, let's hope he comes back bulkier.

#7 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Young_Moria.png

Damn,he looked awesome D: 

• Fulmine and Blackody like this

#8 ZSword

ZSword

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

I know right! I'm eager for his return.

#9 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,882 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

At least he had a chin ^^

Yeah, it'd be nice to see him super-strong again...

#10 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

He looked weirder when he was skinny, he probably went through some hellish diet programs in the past couple of years and is now as scrawny as Luffy. 

53815365.gif

#11 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

he is so dead.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#12 Tainted Gene

Tainted Gene

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in South Town

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Gecko used to rival Kaidou in strength back in the day.  I wonder if that rivalry is "kinda" similar to Mihawk and Shanks.  While Shanks and Mihawk had constant duels in their youths and both rose to the top (WGS and Yonko); as for Gecko Moria and Kaidou only Kaidou seemed to rise to a higher level and Gecko remain/slack behind (even though Shichibukai is no joke).

The Difference b/w Gecko Moria/Kaidou and Mihawk/Shanks is that in the latter pair, both of them had the drive to out-best each other and anyone else in their path.  Same seems to be the same for Kaidou, but Moria seems to be the odd man out.  After his defeat it seems he "fell" as a fighter/pirate in that he no longer viewed his on strength as sufficient.  Thus having the mantra of "have others do you work for you"..... and that saying goes really well with his DF too.

But, I sense that after his defeat from Luffy and the ridicule he received from DD at the War of the Summit, he "may"  have (and I hope he did) finally gotten the motivation to finally step up his game and return to his former glory.  :D Kiiiiiiiii-shi-shi-shi-shi-shi :D

gf7wtg1smitl_by_geneforson-d713rt9.gif

Use the FORCE                               "Disclaimer"

"If the bogeyman attacked you during an emotional fit you wouldn't grab the closest weapon and do epic battle with it."

One Piece Predictions                                 ~ Riding Bean ~

Spoiler I/ " ....................................INHERITED WILL..................................... " /l
Spoiler // .................................SOME OF MY ARTWORK ............................... //

"...despite the circumstances they meet people, these three are ALWAYS in a mindset to laugh and party..."

#13 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

all he needs to do is train to compress shadows asgard ability, he'll be a beast his power is so raw if used correctly hes a monster. in good form i reckon he can thrash law tbh

#14 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

all he needs to do is train to compress shadows asgard ability, he'll be a beat his power is so raw if used correctly hes a monster. in good form i reckon he can thrash law tbh

Physical strength being his only feat is pretty much useless at that level. Best example, Oars jr in the Marineford war.

qhz8b56l.png

#15 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Physical strength being his only feat is pretty much useless at that level. Best example, Oars jr in the Marineford war.

at that time he faced Luffy he was stronger but had no agility. compress that in to a small form and i think he at least matches current gear two in speed and power. of course there are other problems that he'd have to sort out, 1 he needs shadows and 2 would need haki to make it really effective. but between brick bat, doppelmann, black box, and that move he used to stab oars, he could be really powerful. 

#16 Tainted Gene

Tainted Gene

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in South Town

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

He also has a literal "Kage Bushin" that is crazy OP too when used effectively.  If he learns haki to supplement that and his other abilities he will be a beast.  But in sense he was already a beast of a fighter before, so he will be a Bigger Beast.

gf7wtg1smitl_by_geneforson-d713rt9.gif

Use the FORCE                               "Disclaimer"

"If the bogeyman attacked you during an emotional fit you wouldn't grab the closest weapon and do epic battle with it."

One Piece Predictions                                 ~ Riding Bean ~

Spoiler I/ " ....................................INHERITED WILL..................................... " /l
Spoiler // .................................SOME OF MY ARTWORK ............................... //

"...despite the circumstances they meet people, these three are ALWAYS in a mindset to laugh and party..."

#17 RhetoricalRabbit

RhetoricalRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationOundle

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Nightmare Luffy had the skills of all of the shadows.

I don't think it was ever shown if Moria had them for Asgard, as it was mostly to show his gecko relation / an excuse for him to spew them out.

Imagine him with - and just as an extreme example to highlight the possibility - Yassop's shadow, Mihawk's shadow, Whitebeard's shadow, and Kuro's shadow.

Sword skill, accuracy, colossal strength and speed, and four shadows should easily be within his remit of control.

Kuro's shadow could be a valid possibility actually, and the shadows of old villains would be a good way to bring them back in to the story, or at least reference them.

Good interplay with Ussop, and Jango too, and would bring Hina and Fullbody back in. Possibly in the next arc as Smoker is here at the moment ;)

All unlikely yes ... but hush

Edited by RhetoricalRabbit, 16 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#18 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

But see this isn't just a Yonkou's power.

This is freaking Post TS Moria + Kaido. 

But yeah, you're right - "Too powerful" is a terrible way to put it.

I think it would be funny if Moria did not have CoA post TS, or it wasn't good enough, so Law would just remove his heart to keep Moria in check always. 

That depends. If my theory is right and Kaidou's haki faded with his absolutely destroyed ambitions, then he'll be hakiless until he regains that.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#19 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

That depends. If my theory is right and Kaidou's haki faded with his absolutely destroyed ambitions, then he'll be hakiless until he regains that.

Wow. 

I didn't read your theory, but if it is what I think it is - That is one awesome theory.

Are you basing it on how haki is will power, and if Kaido loses his dreams, then he loses haki? Sweet.

With this, I think it would be ok to theorize that Moria once had haki but lost it because Kaido crushed his dreams? But over the TS, he trained and found a new dream and regained his haki skills?

Also, question: If Moria took a person's shadow, and that person used constant CoA armament, would that person be protected from disappearing while in the sun?

For example: Moria steals Kaido's shadow. Kaido still can live in the sun so long as he has CoA armament active permanently.

I'm basing it on how Luffy was able to get rid of the hardening Shinokuni gas on his arms, although this might be different since this is Sunlight which isn't coming from a DF directly, whereas Shinokuni was a DF. 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#20 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

compress shadows and shoot it like the Bijuu sphere in Naruto :2howgeg: I want to see it :2howgeg:

If Moria is in perfect shape, add in Haki and a proper, ambitious attitude we might see something crazy :psyduck:  Severely wound Kaidou (though still lose) before Luffy-Law alliance arrives :psyduck:  for example.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users