PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

I never understood the Moria appeal lol

agreed. He’s boring,weak with an unappealing character design. Even his powers are boring. Plus I hate anything holloween themed

PrimeMoria

Wait, how do you know the size of Kaidou's dragon form? I know it's really big but swallow Oars? Oda sucks with size and perspective so I think we need next chapter to see how big it really is.

he has to at least be the size of Jacks Mammoth form tho right? Im guessing
  • KUROkami likes this

#303 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:25 PM

Sheesh, Moria fought THAT and survived! He may have lost his crew, but he's due some credit. 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 23 October 2018 - 09:25 PM.

#304 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

Sheesh, Moria fought THAT and survived! He may have lost his crew, but he's due some credit. 

He aint all he did was get Kaidous shadow (willingly since kaidou wished for a fight/way to be killed) and let kaidou fight "himself"... kaidou defeated "himself", turned his attention to moria, moria ran, coward he is and always was, kaidou killed his crew cause moria was already gone..: FOR WHAT SHOULD I GIVE MORIA CREDIT FOR?

All u people claiming Moria and croc where far stronger based on their opposition of WB and kaidou forget several things:

1st simply  because Arlong fought Luffy next to on equalgrounds =/= Arlong= current Luffy 

2nd neither with Croc nor with Moria we have any idea of how easily they were defeated  (most likely 0 effort, but thats just my opinion), considering current Luffys lvl and the idea that he will still have a very hard  time vs Kaidou (BM easily, without ANY effort, took on whatever Luffy threw at her, thus her base moves are enough to fight G4 and overcome it with ez, Kaidou being even stronger means he will have even easier time) it is preposterous to assume Croc and Moria once where on current Luffys lvl or even FAR beyond  that (if there was anything next to equality between them) SINCE THEY WERE DEFEATED BY PRE  TS LUFFY!

dont even care enough to elaborate further-----

Edited by capu, 24 October 2018 - 10:17 AM.

• KUROkami likes this

#305 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

Still insists on being blind to the manga's thematic willpower factor LOL

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#306 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Still insists on being blind to the manga's thematic willpower factor LOL

How u figure? As far as i know the manga NEVER EVER elabotated on Morias possible existing strong will. All u base ur claims on r claims........not what manga has shown us..... so ....

U continue u base ur arguments that his will and consequently his power has decreased significantly which is nothing but assumption.....

#307 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:25 PM

How u figure? As far as i know the manga NEVER EVER elabotated on Morias possible existing strong will. All u base ur claims on r claims........not what manga has shown us..... so ....

U continue u base ur arguments that his will and consequently his power has decreased significantly which is nothing but assumption.....

> don't even care enough to elaborate on shit logic and headcanon that Moria stole Kaidou's shadow

> someone pointed out how I don't read. Can't have that touch my ego. Must defend! And accuse people of assumption when I headcanon-ified.

Pick one!

#308 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:59 PM

don't even care enough to elaborate on shit logic and headcanon that Moria stole Kaidou's shadow

fair enough

someone pointed out how I don't read. Can't have that touch my ego. Must defend! And accuse people of assumption when I headcanon-ified.

So ur claiming what u said before (not only now but in  several discussions beforehand) which means that Moria once had far greater willpower than currently is anything but assumption? Give me proof then! Proof that Moria (as a person) was more powerful before than he was when we first met him.

Say what? U cant? Damn that makes ur post an assumption i guess... thx for having discussed this again.....

Btw what u last quoted has nothing to do with my post so.....if u critizise that i dont believe in what u believe in than well, welcome to the 21st century and freedom of speech, human rights etc

once more advice: argue the points or dont post....

Point is there is no bases/proof for claiming Moria was EVER FAR stronger than the Moria we know, whom is a weakling who got defeated by preTS Luffy....

ur point of thematic willpower is only making sense if the person talked about actually is someone with strong will, who bases his power on his will (Moria was all about his DF....unlike Luffy, so where does ur arguement of him having any possible value come from?) --> btw no bases claiming moria ever had such a thing either, he might have had dreams, does that mean he clinged to said dream like Luffy does to his, and because of that have strong will?  ONCE MORE NO!

all u arguements  indeed r assumptions... 

BTW how is it an accuse? Its simply the way of power relation of a character.....u claimed he has what he has never been shown i pointed out that that makes ur point to be only an assumption.... dont really see how this is an accusation (which should be connotated with badly or not?maybelost in translation)

Edited by capu, 25 October 2018 - 12:11 AM.

#309 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:55 AM

fair enough

All needed evidence you're talking shit. :laugh:

The latter barking doesn't equate argument

#310 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:07 AM

Damn Oda! Moria just got his New World mentality back and now you deliver another nakama corpse to him? Let my cute chubby man punch Kaidou already before Luffy steals the show again!!!

• Royal_King likes this

#311 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:42 AM

Damn Oda! Moria just got his New World mentality back and now you deliver another nakama corpse to him? Let my cute chubby man punch Kaidou already before Luffy steals the show again!!!

Questioning why he would trust another yonko after Kaido.

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#312 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:17 PM

do we even need Moria?

why can't we get someone who can actually contribute to the story. 

• KUROkami likes this

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#313 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:37 AM

do we even need Moria?

Moria might give more insight into Kaidou?

• Chillman likes this

#314 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:03 AM

do we even need Moria?

Part of a story that makes powers a major point is the transference of said powers. Sometimes it's better to show, sometimes it's better to tell, sometimes you can mix both. Just like with this last scene of him - saying Absalom lost his powers, and showing the build up to Moria possibly losing his.

It also provides exposition on Moria potentially joining Black Beard, as well as a look into Blackbeard's paradise. You could come up with a few ways that hitting all these same points might be interesting to you, or reasons why showing it isn't relevant to the story - but I personally think it's important to the world. If we cut out world building, we're just left with various panels of people talking and punching each other.

• Raiden likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#315 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

I never understood the Moria appeal lol

@ddboy102

I have been pondering the same thing about Kinemon's actual contribution to the story recently...

#316 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,061 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

I have been pondering the same thing about Kinemon's actual contribution to the story recently...

Kinemon's job was to get Momo to Zou and back home. He suceeded, so he's come to his new role of explaining Wano and organizing the remaining Samurai.

Edited by Oben, 07 December 2018 - 06:47 PM.

#317 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

Kinemon's job was to get Momo to Zou and back home. He suceeded, so he's come to his new role of explaining Wano and organizing the remaining Samurai.

He is more of a plot device to get us to Wano if I had to put it another way. 

Honestly, he is a bad character, ugly, not very badass, perform toilet humor that I hate, has too much screen time simply because he is japanese, doesn't bring anything really interesting to the table or main characters,  and I can't picture Miss Coquine or Ddboy102 fantasizing about his smelly bottom farts  :xD:

#318 Grove 29

Grove 29

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Stumbled upon this random orc today on Youtube, from the 1978 Lord of the Rings Cartoon:

Attached File  Moria in Lotr.JPG   42.1KB   0 downloads

Yellow-reddish pants: Check

Pale skin: Check

Black coat: Check

Pointed teeth: Check

Horns: Check

Demon feet: Check

Demon hands: Check

I wonder if Oda got some inspiration from this…kiiiishishishishishi!

Source: https://www.youtube....h?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

• Raiden, Blackody and Tale like this

#319 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Anyone else thinking that Moria will simply use doppelgänger in order to escape the BB pirates? I mean, while it is unclear since perspective, i just reread  the chapter with Moria and BB, looking for Morias shadow. But as far as i can tell, his shadow aint shown, thus he could have left it at TB, in order to flee if push comes to shove. 

Although i dont really see Moria not allying with BB, for in Wano, sry folks, but imo there is simply no space for him. We already have far too many characters that r bound to appear sometime and far too much of the plot yet to be revealed (Kaidou -- Orochi alliance, reasoning for both sides, important Samurai and Ninjas have yet to be introduced, Kitetsu as well as Ryuma story should still be explained more throroughly, Poneglyph and there connection to Wano, ergo as to say relationship between JoyBoy and Wano, swords in generel need more explanation, as does Wano and Seastone, furthermore with VP now in the game there is VP and Franky connection to be build. Moreover what about WBremnants and Minks, as well as a detailed showing of the SNs at Wano and their motives (especially Drake). Furthermore there is the SHfleet that needs screentime. Thus i dont see there to be enough room for Moria to be introduced in a satisfieing way, without it taking away too much from other important information that we need.) 

Edited by capu, 15 January 2019 - 10:41 AM.

#320 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

I could see Moria escaping that way but I think they'd be able to catch him still if they really wanted to. I'm more on the side of him joining them. He's strong enough to and he can just betray them later if he wants to leave. 

Wano is definitely going to be a long arc though so Oda will find a way to fit anything he wants without making it too bad. For us weekly readers it might be painful but it'll turn out fine in the long run most likely. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users