326 replies to this topic

#321 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

for in Wano

We all knew that Moria ouldl show up in Kaido arc.

#322 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:43 AM

I could see Moria escaping that way but I think they'd be able to catch him still if they really wanted to.

And thats exactöy the question. I highly doubt that the current carefree, partying BB would care enough for Moria to actually follow him. 

I'm more on the side of him joining them.

Same. My reasoning is mostly that he somehow fits into the BB pirates theme-, colour-, and characterwise and secondly that, unless he truly is capable of fleeing, he does not have many options. BB will either make him his crewmate or kill him and take his fruit, if he cant flee.

He's strong enough to and he can just betray them later if he wants to leave. 

Well he might be above Franky but thats about it. Not that Franky lvl aint still powerful, but, unlike some who claim he is yonkou commander lvl (baseless assumption already clearly countered by the manga so far, since preTS Luffy defeated him...), it is still far off from those who truly matter.

If he decides to join i dont see any upside in betraying them later on honestly. For what purposewould he do it? He wont possess the same freedom as an individual then the one he has if a yonkou backs him up.

Edited by capu, 16 January 2019 - 05:47 AM.

#323 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

since preTS Luffy defeated him...

You conveniently ignored that Luffy did that with 100 shadows power-up and a traumatic Moria triggered by the very same 100-shadow pounding LOL Ergo by himself pre-TSLuffy never showed the capabilities to beat Moria 1vs1. That's like if I, a normal human, has a plot power-up to beat Sanji inside a transformer robot. That does not mean I can beat Sanji solo.

If you're asinine enough to think pre-TSLuffy and NightmareLuffy are the same thing then maybe you can pretend Moria and Kaidou are of same strength...

On the other hand Moria fought Curiel, who is a WB Commander which means he's a NW veteran and comparable to the bunch of Revenge army of BM pirates at least, so he's no NW scrub (then again WB and BM pirates are shit so not too much a feat, I concur). Then DD brought 3 or more Pacifista with him to fight Moria LOL If Moria < pre-TSLuffy, DD would be able to troll him absolutely easily by himself, Parasite or the likes. We all saw how even post-TSG2Luffy is <<< uninjured DD.

And funny enough Shiryu, another Emperor Commander if not one of the best, can't even one-shot a guy you think is defeated by pre-TSLuffy despite having the perfect fruit to sucker-punch and he DID sucker-punch (or slash). All Moria showed is a bit of hurt and 2 pages later he is absolutely okay talking to BB.

Edit: Also, BM and a crew full of New World veterans, Haki users as well as a Sweet Commander can 't have CoO good enough to detect King because they are busy rejoicing the fact they just climbed the waterfall or Akainu could not detect WB coming behind him despite being a confirmed CoO user (in databook) LMAO

But Moria got criticized because Shiryu being invisible and sucker punched him whilst he was being relieved that Absalom was alive

Finally, yeah right, Moria is so weak that he managed to get through all the crime-syndicate-like (quoted Law) Emperor territory defense and main island's port defense (Corrupt King Avalo Pizarro even asked why they let him in), and that's why BB, a guy who only wants strong guy in his crew (as he told Bonney and indeed he only picked the best of Level 6 Impel Down), decided to invite Moria to join LOL

Edited by Fulmine, 18 January 2019 - 04:05 AM.

• Abu Dun likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#324 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

^

Nightmare Luffy is by far, the strongest Luffy to be seen in the show.

I can see Moria powering G4 with 1000s of shadows to fight Kaido.

• Abu Dun likes this

#325 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Anyone else thinking that Moria will simply use doppelgänger in order to escape the BB pirates? I mean, while it is unclear since perspective, i just reread the chapter with Moria and BB, looking for Morias shadow. But as far as i can tell, his shadow aint shown, thus he could have left it at TB, in order to flee if push comes to shove.
Although i dont really see Moria not allying with BB, for in Wano, sry folks, but imo there is simply no space for him. We already have far too many characters that r bound to appear sometime and far too much of the plot yet to be revealed (Kaidou -- Orochi alliance, reasoning for both sides, important Samurai and Ninjas have yet to be introduced, Kitetsu as well as Ryuma story should still be explained more throroughly, Poneglyph and there connection to Wano, ergo as to say relationship between JoyBoy and Wano, swords in generel need more explanation, as does Wano and Seastone, furthermore with VP now in the game there is VP and Franky connection to be build. Moreover what about WBremnants and Minks, as well as a detailed showing of the SNs at Wano and their motives (especially Drake). Furthermore there is the SHfleet that needs screentime. Thus i dont see there to be enough room for Moria to be introduced in a satisfieing way, without it taking away too much from other important information that we need.)

Sure could. But I think you are playing chess when the bb crew is playing checkers. They are clowns, moria could probably just gag scene away from them.

Also, moria is a survivor, he survived kiadou he survived DD, he can survive this. He isn't that weak. He is somewhere between "too weak to be a warlord" and strong enough to be in BBs crew. So idk maybe he can just fight his way out. He fought his way in, who is going to stop him? The invisible fruit user? The 9 tailed fox? Both of those are stupid fruit the users should be ashamed.
  • Fulmine likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#326 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:46 AM

Nightmare Luffy is by far, the strongest Luffy to be seen in the show.

I do agree NightmareLuffy is vastly underestimated but strongest? I doubt it's stronger than G4. I mean the shadows belong to fodders. They shouldn't boost him that much. If I have to guess, I think Nightmare's Gomu no Storm is about the same as Hardening Elephant Gattling. I can be wrong though. If it's like you said, bravo, more hype for Moria cause he got taken out by something only Kaidou and BM (and probably other top-tiers) have shown to be able to tank which isn't portraying him negatively, at all.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#327 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

I do agree NightmareLuffy is vastly underestimated but strongest? I doubt it's stronger than G4. I mean the shadows belong to fodders. They shouldn't boost him that much. If I have to guess, I think Nightmare's Gomu no Storm is about the same as Hardening Elephant Gattling. I can be wrong though. If it's like you said, bravo, more hype for Moria cause he got taken out by something only Kaidou and BM (and probably other top-tiers) have shown to be able to tank which isn't portraying him negatively, at all.

Both of those points seem wrong. I think nightmare luffy is ridiculous over estimated. And he is no where near the strongest luffy we have seen.

I know this is controversial so I will go through this one step at a time. Starting with the power up, then the feats.

Power up-
There are only 2 possibilities
1- luffy got all the good shadows and even the general zombie shadows were fodder compared to the shadows luffy had
2- these shadows didnt power up luffy nearly as much as you would think.

And I know it has to be one of those two options based on the piss poor performance by moria.
Go back and look at moria's performance. He "smashed the island" and THAT is what made the mast mansion start to fall. The next chapter moria kicked the mansion, he smashed luffy into the mast, if moria really had island breaking powers why didnt the mast get shattered into millions of pieces?
Ok so if moria is actually weak in shadow asguard mode how did he shatter an island? Simple, let's not forget this island is floating.... compared to BB's pirate paradise it is very small, and it some how got over the red line. TB is probably very thin and possibly even in several pieces. Not to mention my fault line theory is proven by the fact moria hits the ground several more times yet causes no break.

There is no other way to justify how moria was unable to cause more damage. So that can only mean the shadows didnt give moria that much power. Aside from the freak accident of cracking the island moria didnt do anything impressive. All his other attacks hit with the power you would expect of base luffy. So the shadow buff isnt that big a deal. Remember moria got 10x the buff luffy got.

With that all said you are probably thinking "gee captain, doesnt nightmare luffy have impressive feats?"
Well let's look at that.

Power-
No nightmare luffy doesnt have impressive feats. At least, not much more impressive than base luffy. Let's look at it-
-Luffy stopped a "rifle" from oz
-luffy punched oz in the face
-was able to throw oz's body several times
-storm wasn't impressive.

1. Ok so let's go in order- stopping oz's rifle. Ok this is the least impressive of all the feats. Sanji was able to deflect a bazooka and zoro was able to deflect a pistol. I know stopping isnt the same as deflecting. That is fair enough. But please note 2 things
1- luffy is and always has been significantly stronger than zoro or sanji. Usually twice as strong as them. If sanji and zoro, who are half as strong as luffy, can deflect an attack. Surely luffy can stop one
2 luffy is made of rubber. Surely that helps absorb impact right? No not a question ya rubber helps.

So what am I saying? I am saying base luffy if not then g3 luffy should be able to do this same exact thing to oz.

2 luffy sent oz flying with a single punch.
Ok slightly more impressive, but still unimpressive. Chopper and franky were able to knock oz dizzy. Ya luffy did alot more actually taking oz off his feet but you have to remember that luffy is roughly 4 times stronger than franky. Base Luffy, not even g2, was able to knock lucci around a little and franky's best attack didnt even tickle lucci. Not to mention later on luffy with just g3 straight up broke oz's back

3. This is the most impressive BUT huge but. We have no way to quantify it. If I was some snazzy you tuber I would calculate the weight of someone that high and see if we have ever seen zoro or someone lifting a weight that heavy. But that's not me.
Instead I want to point out 2 important things and let you tell me if this feat alone is worth calling nightmare luffy something special.
1- oz is near hollow. We saw that moria carved out large holes into oz. We have no clue how much weight that took out of Oz's body
2- throwing a giant is nothing impressive. We saw ideo, the absolute piece of fodder not even worth being his own captain, was able to send a giant flying with a single punch. Pre ts luffy with a giant rifle was able to send a giant flying. Yes I understand that oz is much much larger than a giant. However. We saw VA Jager D soul throw a battle ship. Oz should be around the same weight as a battleship considering one is a little smaller but made out of metal and the other is hollow and made of flesh.
That being said I have no way to judge Robin's friend of 2 days strength level. Is he around the strength of a giant? Is he the strongest giant ever?

But let's be real. If nightmare luffy is roughly as strong as a strong giant, you know those things bm smacked around as a 6 year old, is that really a feat?

31/2- I know I only said 3 but here is extra! Oda sucks at martial arts and drawling, for all we know this might of been a Judo throw. Grabbing someone by the hair and throwing them.... seems like a judo move...

4. This is somehow less impressive than feat number 2. Storm should of destroyed oz but instead it took all the attack to even knock oz off his feet, the sh crew got oz off his feet with less attacks then that.

So there you have it. Nightmare luffy was only about as strong as base/g3 luffy should of been.
I understand why people are so confused. The sh crew got beaten by oz. But let's be real. Do you think the fight would of been any different if that was actual luffy and moria vs the sh crew? It would of been the same outcome. Normal Luffy only landed one hit on oz and it straight up broke his back.
"But captain, oz lost his back because of science"
Ok, didnt luffy also break oz's tooth off? Yes luffy also broke off one of Oz's fangs which means, even without the fancy set up, G3 produced bone shattering force where nightmare luffy couldn't.

The only thing we cant all reasonably agree that base (tb era) luffy couldn't of done is throwing oz over his shoulder. And if that is ALL you have to base your arguement on, then I feel sorry for you.

Sorry guys. End of the day MF luffy was probably stronger then nightmare luffy and haki luffy is without a doubt much stronger than nightmare luffy.

Edited by captain kidd, 30 January 2019 - 05:49 PM.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users