Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Wow. 

I didn't read your theory, but if it is what I think it is - That is one awesome theory.

Are you basing it on how haki is will power, and if Kaido loses his dreams, then he loses haki? Sweet.

With this, I think it would be ok to theorize that Moria once had haki but lost it because Kaido crushed his dreams? But over the TS, he trained and found a new dream and regained his haki skills?

Also, question: If Moria took a person's shadow, and that person used constant CoA armament, would that person be protected from disappearing while in the sun?

For example: Moria steals Kaido's shadow. Kaido still can live in the sun so long as he has CoA armament active permanently.

I'm basing it on how Luffy was able to get rid of the hardening Shinokuni gas on his arms, although this might be different since this is Sunlight which isn't coming from a DF directly, whereas Shinokuni was a DF. 

Yes, that's how I see it. Matt and I concluded it as a possibility when discussing the psychology associated with ambition.

I'm not sure what Moria would get as a new dream, but we'll have to see in that regard. I'm not sure how CoA hardening would work against the sun, but it's a possibility. Another unknown I'd like to observe. Considering how haki can be used to bypass DF defenses(logia intangibility, luffy's rubber) it's possible that it works in the reverse, to counteract their skills directly.

• eemo23 likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#22 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

compress shadows and shoot it like the Bijuu sphere in Naruto :2howgeg: I want to see it :2howgeg:

If Moria is in perfect shape, add in Haki and a proper, ambitious attitude we might see something crazy :psyduck:  Severely wound Kaidou (though still lose) before Luffy-Law alliance arrives :psyduck:  for example.

Severely wounding Moria would make it less of a challenge for Luffy-Law. I'd say moderately wound.

And if it's going to be moderately wound - I don't think Oda would set Moria up for failure again against Kaido. 

After being humiliated, he deserves a chance to shine.

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#23 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Will people get over this flop character omg.

Need to come up with a name for this one :huh:

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#24 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Yes, that's how I see it. Matt and I concluded it as a possibility when discussing the psychology associated with ambition.

I'm not sure what Moria would get as a new dream, but we'll have to see in that regard. I'm not sure how CoA hardening would work against the sun, but it's a possibility. Another unknown I'd like to observe. Considering how haki can be used to bypass DF defenses(logia intangibility, luffy's rubber) it's possible that it works in the reverse, to counteract their skills directly.

Interesting. 

Also, could you explain what you mean by the bolded statement? I don't think I fully understand it. 

Are you talking about how haki can be used to protect oneself from attacks similar to the "Soul Swap".

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#25 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Interesting. 

Also, could you explain what you mean by the bolded statement? I don't think I fully understand it. 

Are you talking about how haki can be used to protect oneself from attacks similar to the "Soul Swap".

Smoker, Tashigi and Sanji all have haki, Sanji even had haki in Nami. Neither of them counteracted a DF effect already lying on a person. It doesn't tell us a DF effect can't be stopped prior. The Admirals blocked WB's attack, for example.

Oh and Luffy didn't really counter/block Shinokuni. He smashed CC in the face and it kinda crumbled off. Shinokuni works by engulfing the target on contact and trapping them. As long as Luffy wasn't fully coated, he could break the rest off. So we don't know how he'd do if he'd just used a regular Gigante attack.

• Raiden likes this

#26 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Interesting. 

I mean how haki can be used to touch a logia's true body,for example.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#27 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Will people get over this flop character omg.

Need to come up with a name for this one :huh:

We need More-ia! :lol:

He'll definitely appear again in the conflict with Kaidou, probably fight with Luffy first for a bit, but eventually join the alliance.

#28 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

We need More-ia! :lol:

He'll definitely appear again in the conflict with Kaidou, probably fight with Luffy first for a bit, but eventually join the alliance.

Trying to propose Luffy will build his own Shicibukai group out of the former Shicibukai???

#29 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Trying to propose Luffy will build his own Shicibukai group out of the former Shicibukai???

He got three already, and had two more as allies previously... looks likely ^^

#30 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

He got three already, and had two more as allies previously... looks likely ^^

Need a different name for them, though. *has not a clue what that be called - sobs, my already crappy creativity is dyinggggggggggggggggggggggg, wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Ehh, Jinbei should be crew. He has Boa, Law, Buggy and Croc as his best bets, but he'd need 3 more. Moria, then who and who??? They'ed need to fill the other Shici spots up, too. 

Edited by jomegar, 29 April 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#31 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

uhm I thought Moria was killed by DD ? ._. did I miss something? (again a fake death by Oda?...)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#32 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

uhm I thought Moria was killed by DD ? ._. did I miss something? (again a fake death by Oda?...)

He escapes, according to DD when telling the higher-ups.

#33 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

According to DD he escaped, and according to WSJ he's alive:

http://onepiece.wiki...New_World_Times

• Petite Fleur, Furinji Saiga, Raiden and 1 other like this

#34 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

oh somehow didn't remember that.

Damn DD is quite inefficient when it comes down to killing people... :P

Edited by Raiden, 29 April 2013 - 09:33 AM.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#35 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

oh somehow didn't remember that.

Damn DD is quite inefficient when it comes down to killing people... :P

Or it's just him not giving a fuck. 

• Fulmine likes this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#36 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Smoker, Tashigi and Sanji all have haki, Sanji even had haki in Nami. Neither of them counteracted a DF effect already lying on a person. It doesn't tell us a DF effect can't be stopped prior. The Admirals blocked WB's attack, for example.

Oh and Luffy didn't really counter/block Shinokuni. He smashed CC in the face and it kinda crumbled off. Shinokuni works by engulfing the target on contact and trapping them. As long as Luffy wasn't fully coated, he could break the rest off. So we don't know how he'd do if he'd just used a regular Gigante attack.

That wasn't what I was referring to. I know that even if a person would use haki after the DF is in effect, it wouldn't break the DF's effect - Your example with Sanji and Nami.

I was asking Petite about what you said afterwards; I asked Petite if she was talking about stopping a DF before it is in effect with haki, which is like the example you gave with WB.

I mean how haki can be used to touch a logia's true body,for example.

Well that was the part I got . What do you mean by the line "it's possible that it works in the reverse, to counteract their skills directly."

s7218980.jpg

#37 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Well that was the part I got . What do you mean by the line "it's possible that it works in the reverse, to counteract their skills directly."

If haki can be used in reverse to completely stop a DF ability. Smoker mentioned resisting Law's Room with Haki(inferred, by telling Tashigi her haki wasn't strong enough)

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#38 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

If haki can be used in reverse to completely stop a DF ability. Smoker mentioned resisting Law's Room with Haki(inferred, by telling Tashigi her haki wasn't strong enough)

It shouldn't be the Room itself, but the slash/cut that was used to finish Tashigi (similar to how Law couldn't cut Vergo in the past because of the hardening CoA)

• Petite Fleur and eemo23 like this

#39 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Like Oben said, I don't think you could negate the "Room".

Since it has no effect on you, and is affecting the atmosphere, you wouldn't be able to do anything to the "Room" ability".

It's similar to how haki does nothing against CC removing air from the atmosphere. His DF power is affecting the atmosphere and not you, so I don't see the strongest of fighters like Akainu or Rayleigh would survive that tech without getting to a place of air.

• zetruz likes this

s7218980.jpg

#40 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

It's similar to how haki does nothing against CC removing air from the atmosphere. His DF power is affecting the atmosphere and not you, so I don't see the strongest of fighters like Akainu or Rayleigh would survive that tech without getting to a place of air.

Agreed, though Akainu would be fine because he's magma. Magma isn't a combustion process, oui? =]

Spoiler for the quotables!

Mun364G.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users