#41 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Agreed, though Akainu would be fine because he's magma. Magma isn't a combustion process, oui? =]

Well Akainu might still be able to use his powers, but he would need to breathe too, right bro? :lol:

But still good point - I didn't even think about Akainu being able to use his powers. ;)

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#42 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

It shouldn't be the Room itself, but the slash/cut that was used to finish Tashigi (similar to how Law couldn't cut Vergo in the past because of the hardening CoA)

Like Oben said, I don't think you could negate the "Room".

Since it has no effect on you, and is affecting the atmosphere, you wouldn't be able to do anything to the "Room" ability".

It's similar to how haki does nothing against CC removing air from the atmosphere. His DF power is affecting the atmosphere and not you, so I don't see the strongest of fighters like Akainu or Rayleigh would survive that tech without getting to a place of air.

Sure, it's why I listed it as a possibility and didn't say it's factual. 3:

We don't yet know the upper limit of CoA.

• eemo23 likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#43 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well Akainu might still be able to use his powers, but he would need to breathe too, right bro? :lol:

But still good point - I didn't even think about Akainu being able to use his powers. ;)

He can turn into magma. In which case, he doesn't have any human cells that need oxygen to function. Why would he need to breathe?   o.o

Spoiler for the quotables!

Mun364G.png

#44 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

He can turn into magma. In which case, he doesn't have any human cells that need oxygen to function. Why would he need to breathe?   o.o

Luffy is made of Rubber, he is a Rubber man, why should he need to breathe in that case???

#45 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Luffy is made of Rubber, he is a Rubber man, why should he need to breathe in that case???

I think it's the difference between a Logia and a Paramecia.  Because until they turn their body into their element a logia still has a human body right?

• Petite Fleur likes this

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#46 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think it's the difference between a Logia and a Paramecia.  Because until they turn their body into their element a logia still has a human body right?

It wouldn't really matter based on what zetruz said. He has ''magma cells'' and magma doesn't breath, but neither does rubber. Magma also doesn't have braincells, clearly Akainu should just flop into a melting hoot puddle on the floor.

The only evidence that Logia might not need to breathe is Enel has journey to the moon, but I never pay attention to that and I think the moon people seem fine too. I don't think we have the info just start making random claims like Logia don't breathe or eat.

#47 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

It wouldn't really matter based on what zetruz said. He has ''magma cells'' and magma doesn't breath, but neither does rubber. Magma also doesn't have braincells, clearly Akainu should just flop into a melting hoot puddle on the floor.

The only evidence that Logia might not need to breathe is Enel has journey to the moon, but I never pay attention to that and I think the moon people seem fine too. I don't think we have the info just start making random claims like Logia don't breathe or eat.

Ah my bad. XD

I thought we were talking about if Akainu turned himself into magma during the fight.

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#48 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

No, he doesn't. He turns into actual magma. Hitting the magma won't affect Akainu, because it isn't his actual body. Striking the lava with a hammer won't hurt Akainu. (Unless you use CoA, which actually materializes his body, thus materializing his human cells.) Luffy, however, is a rubberman. That is, he is still a man. His cells may be made out of rubber, but he still bleeds. His body still functions normally. When Akainu is in his magma form, the magma does not at all act like a human body. Luffy's does, with added stretchiness.

That's a fair point; I should've said "Akainu might not need to breathe, because he can turn into magma".

Mun364G.png

#49 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ah my bad. xD

I thought we were talking about if Akainu turned himself into magma during the fight.

zetruz was saying if he turns into magma, he'd not be affected by air-removal, but as far as we know, he still needs to breathe even if he can't be touched by attacks.

No, he doesn't. He turns into actual magma. Hitting the magma won't affect Akainu, because it isn't his actual body. Striking the lava with a hammer won't hurt Akainu. (Unless you use CoA, which actually materializes his body, thus materializing his human cells.) Luffy, however, is a rubberman. That is, he is still a man. His cells may be made out of rubber, but he still bleeds. His body still functions normally. When Akainu is in his magma form, the magma does not at all act like a human body. Luffy's does, with added stretchiness.

That's a fair point; I should've said "Akainu might not need to breathe, because he can turn into magma".

But he still talks, thinks, sees, hears etc. He uses certain anatomy, still. Some Logia are fairly dependent on their natural physical form for movement etc. So it's hard to call a line on where human ends and element begins.

• zetruz likes this

#50 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

But he still talks, thinks, sees, hears etc. He uses certain anatomy, still. Some Logia are fairly dependent on their natural physical form for movement etc. So it's hard to call a line on where human ends and element begins.

That's true enough, I stand corrected. Not that we know either way, but you're right in pointing out exactly that.

Mun364G.png

#51 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

That's true enough, I stand corrected. Not that we know either way, but you're right in pointing out exactly that.

Luffy should feed the Mera Mera no Mi to a rock to try find out!!!! Experiment 1 - does it poop.

Edited by jomegar, 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM.

• eemo23 and VegaKotes like this

#52 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

His conciousness was broken :shrug:

And range of influence =/= range of spoken/direct commands.

Also, Moria, had to extend Doppelmann to catch the shadows.

Basically Moria strained himself too much with no control. The return of the shadows was because they were already leaking out, and Luffy beat them out of it. Like hitting a giant water balloon.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#53 Oben

Oben

Busy

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,925 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Basically Moria strained himself too much with no control. The return of the shadows was because they were already leaking out, and Luffy beat them out of it. Like hitting a giant water balloon.

Yep, but jomegar had a point that it wouldn't matter if bound to the body of the user.

So I put up the hypothesis that in case of living beings it would be bound to the consciousness.

#54 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I wonder if Moria always has to fight at night. His shadows are affected by light after all.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#55 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,980 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I wonder if Moria always has to fight at night. His shadows are affected by light after all.

He can fight in daylight no problem, but he is more effective at night. 

Right now his power stats are severely lacking, it's shocking to think this man was actually equal to Kaido at one point. 

He must have been one OP beast in the past , compared to the fat and lazy fighter he is now. I want him to get ripped and go back to  training, he needs to look like this after the two years.  B)

gecko_moria_after_timeskip_fin_by_demonh

Time to show Kaido the power of the Chin.  :aww:

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 29 April 2013 - 07:36 PM.

• Fulmine and VegaKotes like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#56 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Actually the people who don't have shadows are affected by light.

But the corpses with other people's shadows are not. Remember, he had corpses with shadows in them at MF war - and that war occurred in the day. 

Dang! Ninja'd by Furinji Saiga  :P

Edited by eemo23, 29 April 2013 - 07:37 PM.

• Furinji Saiga likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

well but the OP wiki says that MF display was a flaw against the rules of the Kage Kage no Mi Oda had set in Thriller Park. I don't remember all the conditions and constraint for the power to work so...

@Furinji: as much as I am a fan of the idea that Moria was just an pathetically incomplete shell of his former self, I'm not so sure whether his former self is good enough to be called beast (I suppose you mean top-notch beast). I mean we don't know at which point was he equal to Kaidou. Was it when they JUST entered NW or was it when they were already veteran in the NW? The former may explain why Moria did not have Haki since if he was kicked out right after he entered NW then...he may have had no time to learn Haki. Moreover, Kaidou must have progressed quite a long distance from there as of now so...Moria has too much a gap to catch up. Simply returning to his former state is not enough. That just means he would be equal to the past Kaidou who, at that point, may have been as strong as...who knows, Marco? That's no fodder but still...

I am no big fan of Moria but I have good feeling for him so I want his return to be epic. Being equal to Kaidou is too much a stretch but hopefully he should be...like, 90% of Kaidou.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#58 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think the next time we see him, it'll be during a botched attempt to take his revenge on Kaidou. 

#59 pacesetter

pacesetter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

I think the next time we see him, it'll be during a botched attempt to take his revenge on Kaidou. 

I actually think he'll team up with Luffy and Law, as a way for Oda to establish the threat level of a Yonkou he'll show that it takes a lot of firepower and strategy to have a shot. With Absalom confirmed by Oda as the scoop writer that manages to get info that are relatively hard to get, Moria has a way of finding out which Yonkou Law and Luffy are trying to take down and perhaps be willing to lend a hand. Having experienced Kaidou's wrath first-hand, he'll be a valuable asset to the alliance. 

Then again, either scenario(Yours or mine) would further hype Kaidou's strength so I wouldn't have a problem whatever does actually happen.

#60 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Moria doesn't do alliances as shown through his interactions with Kuma. He might show up during the battle like a sneaky oppurtunist to make things more difficult for Kaidou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users