508 replies to this topic

#501 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

He knows everything

He is right. My Japanese is decent enough to let me watch entire playthroughs with comprehension of story and characters

• Insane Soul likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#502 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Where are the MORALS tho!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

That person knows who is the new Junko Enoshima...can you guys understand the willpower I need to NOT beg him for spoilers every day I talk to him?

CAN YOU!?

#503 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

I forget, did we ever see this?

C_RoRRjVYAALa4s.jpg

#504 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

I definitely didn't

#505 Candles

Candles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationJamaica Estates

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

@Kid Frost

What I mean is that's hyped as being the best / only possible path to success to the point that when Seiko was expelled she acted like her life was over. When in reality it should've been like...

Seiko Kimura: Oh no, now that I've been expelled from Hope's Peak Academy my life is in ruin and my future is bleak, what will I ever do now?

Common Sense Student: You're an unrivaled genius whose knowledge of Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology, and Medicine had already exceeded the average Physician by the time you were in middle school; there's no reason you couldn't get a job at any laboratory or hospital that you would want. In fact the top 20 research universities in the world have been having a bidding war for your services for a long time and you should easily have a yearly salary of eight figures if you choose to join their staff.
In addition to that the patents for the various medicines and potions that you've invented could sell for tens of millions of dollars each.  

Honestly Hope's Peak Academy was holding you back if anything since they don't have anything near the best resources available. While the top universities have yearly endowments in the billions of dollars, Hope's Peak needed to institute this fraudulent Ponzi scheme styled reserve course just to stay afloat financially. Also there aren't any teachers at that school that have the requisite knowledge in your field to actually be capable of teaching you anything; plus the educational philosophy at that school is so shallow that you essentially end up teaching yourself anyway and if you're going to do that it should at least be where you have access to the best resources.
Besides the school isn't even a safe place to study to begin with considering the explosion that got you expelled, the murders that occurred a few weeks prior to that, and all the property that regularly gets destroyed by the crazy students that are free to roam wild on campus.

BTW your former friend that was also expelled is also doing well for herself. She recently opened a bakery that's so successful that she has lines forming outside of it four hours before it opens, her customers almost appear to be addicted. She has plans to open two dozen more shops around Japan and it's projected that around this time next year she'll have one of the most popular food chains worldwide.

Seiko: Wow you're right...I guess I was looking at it backwards, Hope's Peak doesn't put people on the fast track towards a bright future but instead it recruits people that are already headed towards a bright future. I'll be just fine if I keep working hard.

Common Sense Student: Indeed...I tried to explain the same thing to your underclassman, the Ultimate Neurologist since one of the few people who has medical knowledge on par with yours but apparently his girlfriend is attending Hope's Peak next year and not only is she a famous supermodel but they've been together since they were six years so the relationship is pretty serious. Regardless both of you are essentially guaranteed to be successful in the future, unless the world were to end due to some unforeseen tragedy that could've been easily prevented hahahaha.

Edited by Candles, 14 June 2017 - 10:03 PM.

• Insane Soul, Blue22, Goddess Nike and 1 other like this

#506 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

Now that I think about it...Hope's Peak did kinda suck even before the tragedies lol

What made it better than any other high school when the Ultimates weren't really learning anything that would help strengthen their talents (and if all the teachers were like Chisa then they werent learning anything, period)? What did they get out of being there other than bragging rights?

Edited by Blue22, 14 June 2017 - 11:22 PM.

• Kid Frost likes this

#507 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Now that I think about it...Hope's Peak did kinda suck even before the tragedies lol

What made it better than any other high school when the Ultimates weren't really learning anything that would help strengthen their talents (and if all the teachers were like Chisa then they werent learning anything, period)? What did they get out of being there other than bragging rights?

Well, actually the First Episode of Zetsubou hen highlighted that, the students were free to do anything they wanted in Kibougamine, use their facilities and resources to focus on their talent even more; and every once in a while they had to take a test to prove they were doing something (Test that Komaeda was going to bomb).

Clearly we didn't see nothing of that, heck barely anything of the SDR2 cast because we had to spend our precious budget to give a meaning to Mirai-Hen instead of actually delivering what the fans wanted...ABOUT THE KIDS WE LOVE AND CHERISH.

ALMOST A YEAR AND I AM STILL SALTY THIS ANIME WAS A DISASTER.

Edited by Insane Soul, 15 June 2017 - 12:05 AM.

• Blue22 likes this

#508 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:53 AM

Well, actually the First Episode of Zetsubou hen highlighted that, the students were free to do anything they wanted in Kibougamine, use their facilities and resources to focus on their talent even more; and every once in a while they had to take a test to prove they were doing something (Test that Komaeda was going to bomb).

That's another thing that always bothered me. How exactly do you test some of their talents? Especially for the characters who are literally only there because of their luck. And what resources could they possibly give characters like Fuyuhiko, Sonia, Mondo, or Byakuya that they couldn't get at home? This is why I wish the Despair side had focused more on everyone's school lives and less on being a contrived build-up to the convoluted mess that was the Future Side. All it accomplished was making Hopes Peak look like a massive waste of time for these kids.

ALMOST A YEAR AND I AM STILL SALTY THIS ANIME WAS A DISASTER.

There's really no way to not be salty over it. Not one, but two animes that started out strong but ended on ridiculously low notes, ending a six year long story arc on the bitterest of notes.

#509 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:10 AM

That's another thing that always bothered me. How exactly do you test some of their talents? Especially for the characters who are literally only there because of their luck. And what resources could they possibly give characters like Fuyuhiko, Sonia, Mondo, or Byakuya that they couldn't get at home? This is why I wish the Despair side had focused more on everyone's school lives and less on being a contrived build-up to the convoluted mess that was the Future Side. All it accomplished was making Hopes Peak look like a massive waste of time for these kids.

With Kuzuryuu and Mondo would be how their influence grows while in the school? Kuzuryuu for example able to pull strings to move elements of the school by his status as Yakuza, look at how his Sister was doing without being the SHSL Yakuza (Even so, Kuzuryuu said she was better to lead the family). I think all the ones you mentioned would be based around influence over research to be honest.

As for Komaeda and Naegi is easy. Play lottery and see how many times they win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users