• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,325 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:24 PM

79531.jpg

Plot Summary

At war with the adjacent Kioka Republic, the Katjvarna Empire.

In that region, due to certain circumstances, there was a certain youth unwillingly preparing to take the High Grade Military Officer Exam. His name, Ikta. Disliker of war, lazy, admirer of women.

No one predicted that that kind of Ikta would later on become a soldier referred to even as a great commander...

He who survived a world embroiled in war with his superior genius, Ikta. Illustrating his dynamic, dramatic life, a splendid fantasy military history, the curtain is raised at last!

Studio: Madhouse

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Link to Episode 1

https://kissanime.to...e-001?id=127580

http://www.nyaa.se/?...view&tid=828107

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:27 AM

Seems like it'll be entertaining.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

So I watched the first episode. It was quite nice, although it has a lot of anime cliche. I'm not one who cares much about cliches anyway.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,325 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

MC is Shikamaru if he was a super perv lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Whew. That was an impacting episode. I actually felt myself getting a bit emotional. Its nice to see that our MC isn't just all brain, sloth, perversion, and the occasional anger towards royalty. Its also interesting to see why he is most of those things as well. And all of that was done in only one episode along with some developments for three other characters, can't wait for more.

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,325 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

Whew. That was an impacting episode. I actually felt myself getting a bit emotional. Its nice to see that our MC isn't just all brain, sloth, perversion, and the occasional anger towards royalty. Its also interesting to see why he is most of those things as well. And all of that was done in only one episode along with some developments for three other characters, can't wait for more.

Amazing episode all together

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,325 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:42 AM

Just found out that this man bangs hot MILF's casually....He is truly my hero lol

Edited by Tokoya, 21 July 2016 - 12:43 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

MC is Shikamaru if he was a super perv lol

And had anger issues.

Edited by Peleihno, 22 July 2016 - 08:39 AM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#9 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

I kind of knew Kanna was going to die, though that doesn't make it any less sad to see it. Itka made the right call though, they likely would've all died had they went up there without adjusting to the altitude first. It's a shame that some of these generals lack basic knowledge and common sense and their soldiers have to pay for it with their lives.

BTW that flashback episode with Itka and Yatori was cute.

• Tokoya, Raiden and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#10 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

I think @Tokoya deserves a lot of credit because all three of the clubhouse choices this time around have been really good and I probably wouldn't have watched them otherwise.

Anyway it looks like we're getting a Light vs L style battle of wits with this last battle, though honestly it's not close to fair fight in terms of manpower so Ikta is at a major disadvantage but he ultimately only needs to survive.

I do like the way they portray war in this show, it's realistic without seeming too callous or unemotional. It's a shame that people even have to die for what is often an ultimately stupid conflict. It reminds me of one of my favorite Star Wars quotes...

"Men like me don't start the wars. We just die in them. We've always died in them, and we always will. We don't expect any praise for it, no parades. No one knows our names."
---

I told myself that I wouldn't ship Ikta and Yatori but I ended up shipping them anyway...I don't know why but those just seem right for each other even though they have such vastly different mindsets. I think it's because they understand and trust each other so much despite that. :aww:

• Tokoya, Raiden and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#11 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:17 AM

So I finished this. Pretty well-done and feels real, as expected of Madhouse, but also very...uhm, normal, like, nothing too impressive.

Highlights are Ikta's lazy talk (can be my soul mate :D), his and Yatori's relationship (I have to say the loyalty thing of Igsem is rubbish so far), that relieving sex needs scene (I laughed and did Ikta just imply he and Yatori do have sex, only that not when on duty? :whistle:), finally the spirits and that losing the war plan, both of which make me interested in a season 2. Sadly for a military fiction the strategies and tactics are not that good but maybe it's just the start.

7/10.

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users