337 replies to this topic

#321 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

How?

Child infused "by god"... sounds like every religion.

It's more like I don't get the whole irregular and outside the tower concepts.
This woman and the rest of irregulars came from the outer parts of the Tower territory or completely outside from the tower?

Judging by Arlene's words, she came from a place that she could see the stars. So she came from outside and wanted to get back.

Rachel and Baam on the other hand, although they are also irregulars seem to come from a different place. Maybe the outer regions of the tower?

I can't think of another popular religion in which god was infused into a child. Care to give me any examples?
Maybe some Egyptian and ancient Asian deities had similar back stories, but not any other popular religion I can think of.

Another similarity is that in christian religion, a messenger of God came and gave a flower to the child's mother
that brought the young kid to life.

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 06 March 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#322 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

So Baam is jesus?

#323 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

So Baam is jesus?

Or Shiva. Your pick.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#324 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

I disagree about baam being one dimensional, i think he just a boring MC. All of the secondary cast are way more interesting because of their goals and their personalities.

Baam have gone from a child like innocents to one close to luffys. Baam have become way more ruthless but still isn't willing to let people around him die.

Also he only have one goal that everyone hates and is being manipulate by everyone.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#325 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

I figured it out. Baam is not the MC. Baam's background is the MC. Baam is the Robin to his background's Batman.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#326 Funktastic

Funktastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

I'd take any reference to a God-like figure with the biggest grain of salt in this webtoon. FUG's slayers are referred to as gods, irregulars have been called gods and Jahad has been viewed as a god of the tower. So when we hear of a god from outside the tower, and Baam being granted power from him/her, it's most likely not our definition of God.

I have to say that SIU is doing a great job in creating Baams background story. The foreshadowing and worldbuilding is top-notch. 

• Oben likes this

#327 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Lol I quite like that explanation. Anyways I hope that it doesn't delve too much into these pseudo religious concepts. I don't mind Enryus appearance having a specific purpose per se. But I do kinda prefer keeping him as more of a force of nature kinda thing. I always pictured the irregulars as being instruments subconsciously exercising the will of the tower.
  • Funktastic likes this

#328 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Instead of saying god we should called these people leaders or people that are there to change the tower.

There are only two god like beings in the tower, the rest are just very powerful people.

Also didn't this chapter confirm that the 13 leaders are all irregulars?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#329 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Instead of saying god we should called these people leaders or people that are there to change the tower.

As @Funktastic said, it's better to not confuse 'god' in the tower with 'god' in IRL.

There are only two god like beings in the tower, the rest are just very powerful people.

Like here. Administrators are the closest things you are gonna get to IRL 'gods'. And that's not the Judeo-Christian God. It's more like the Greco-Roman gods.

Also didn't this chapter confirm that the 13 leaders are all irregulars?

Yep.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 06 March 2017 - 04:40 PM.

Spoiler

#330 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,874 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

So I caught up after 2 months. New addition to Bam's harem, Garam LOL

Also that is quite a lot of background. If this is merely the surface according to Garam then SIU must have a ton of other things planned for Bam. Also holy cow, I wish Bleach and One Piece had this much exposure in a chapter LOL

Looking forward to Hwaryun's background, too, since it seems Gallstone may be her birthplace.

So Rachel is...what to Arlene? Worshipper? Lesbian admirer? Descendant? etc.? To think Enryu is also related to Arlene...

Jahad is one sad case of a man if all this is true...

Hell Joe is a 4D joke to us readers? A fun guy who likes comic :lolxg:

The amount of comedy is so right. Even Karaka and Hoaquin's exchange is funny.

I'm on team Yuri but...can Garam just make a sneak attack and date Bam right there? :lol:

• Red Haired Shanks and Asch like this

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#331 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

S2Ch241: http://www.webtoons....&episode_no=322

• DarkNemesis likes this

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#332 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Am I the only one who thinks things progressed a bit too quickly for Yuri and Evan, I have a bad feeling about her battle with Hell Joe. Then again if she loses then how the hell would Bam beat him? Regardless, please don't die Yuri...

#333 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

I'm curious about Rachel and her relation with all of this.

#334 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

So in the end the power of Guides work or doesn't work here?

Because Yuri accepted killing Joe in the condition that the little red witch would show her the path to meet Baam afterwards.
But our favourite one eyed guide said in this chapter that red witches can't see the future here, so they can't lead the way.

Also the past few chapters where just the narration of this floor's history, by a bunch of different persons.
Couldn't SIU put just Garam to do the talking since she knows everything about the floor and Bamm?

I am enjoy where the story is going though. I am more interested about Baam's adventure than Yuri's fight.

Lastly, considering our previous conversation about gods, the word does get thrown around too much in this comic, but
it does seem like Arlene made a pact with a godlike creature.

I'm curious about Rachel and her relation with all of this.

Me too. But I am even more curious about Enryu's story.
Why someone as strong as him, would bother with Arlene and her son.

The guy killed and administrator without breaking a sweat.
In the pics he is shown mid-air barely moving, turning the whole place red from his long range attack.
He's just like Rai, the protagonist of Noblesse.

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 14 March 2017 - 11:20 AM.

#335 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

He's just like Rai, the protagonist of Noblesse.

Not even. He's not choking blood all over the place and I'm sure he can peel a banana :lolxg:

Spoiler

#336 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

S2Ch242: http://www.webtoons....&episode_no=323

• tewwo and DarkNemesis like this

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#337 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Love this panel of Yuri, just like a kid  :lolxg:

uyREN96.png

#338 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

So the 13-month series are waiting for Baam now? Or a child of Zahard?

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users