Photo

The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland)

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#321 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

Wtf was that self-destruct button... that's like resolving a murder mystery with a secret passageway, way too cheap >_>

Edited by Oben, 29 September 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#322 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:12 AM

I think they were just bluffing. They found the self-destruct-system, but only took the inactive button to blackmail him.

I think he will ultimately come to like them and sacrifice himself to save them.

#323 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

I am wondering what is the point of designing a self destruct device on the first place?

Unless that Minerva considered the possibility of the bunker getting compromised by Demons and placing that as last resort tactic.

Edited by Insane Soul, 30 September 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#324 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

The second is what they say in the chapter. It's still horrible writing though. But eh, as lonh as it doesn't have a lasting impact...

#325 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

http://readms.net/r/...land/058/4612/1

Spoiler

#326 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

I don't think giving machine rifles to a bunch of small children is a good idea :lol:

#327 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

http://readms.net/r/...land/059/4626/1

Bazooka Emma  :laugh:

Xm1Uk4L.png

#328 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

The kids on the shelter are dying...are they not.

#329 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

I am wondering what is the point of designing a self destruct device on the first place?

Unless that Minerva considered the possibility of the bunker getting compromised by Demons and placing that as last resort tactic.

exactly. If they ever found out about the place he would want to get rid of any evidence they could use against him

#330 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Chapter: http://readms.net/r/...land/060/4646/1

#331 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Battle to outwit each other aside, I hope that we'll get to hear more of Minerva's cautionary adventure tales during this journey. More along the lines of "The Snakes of the Alvar Pinera" please.

• Raiden likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#332 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

https://mangastream....land/064/4712/1

Damn that ending of the chapter was quite the cliffhanger. Where is she or what happened to her? >.<

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#333 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

Free-range farming?

#334 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

I got the vibes of Alice in Wonderland with how that Area looks.

I have been enjoying these chapters, the development of this character has been rather good.

• Raiden likes this

#335 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Chapter: https://www.mangastr...land/065/4723/1

Spoiler

• Raiden and diezdragon like this

#336 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Chapter 65

I love how eerie the first part of the chapter was. Disoriented in location, and disoriented in time. Just Emma trying to get bearings on her situation, and make sense of the disconcerting environment she's in.

All while we wonder what the inevitable danger is going to be this time.

@Oben Free range yes, but not quite farming. Certainly no caretakers who directly approach the subjects to ensure they're well off.

This is more like a safari park, in which subjects are left to their own devices, and at most the keepers maintain the grounds to ensure the hunts are healthy and fit for when the clientele come by.

---

Based on Minerva's statements from the IQ Quiz on the Official Website, he wants to raise a banner of revolution, create a new Promise and definitely needs escapees to help with that.

And yet, he was the one who designated A-08-63 as their next destination. And based on the accompanying map, he knew about Goldy Pond.

Two things come to mind:

1. Either Goldy Pond at the time of the letter wasn't turned into hunting grounds, or
  2. He knew about the dangers involved. Given that the letter recommended the place "should you want to go beyond merely living in peace", perhaps he wants fighters for his cause? Ones who can survive the perils?

In any case, Minerva must've left a clue somewhere in the place. Otherwise, Goldy Pond would be a dead end for prospective escapees.

Perhaps they have to do the same thing as when they first arrived at B-06-32? They'll have to input some kind of passphrase on the Pen, then their next clue will pop up somewhere nearby?

But that in itself brings into question how Minerva could've possibly left clues in the middle of active demon territory

---

"Use your pen"? Now that right there throws a lot of questions.

Who here knows about Minerva? Who here knows about the Pen? And in the first place, who wrote that message?

And shouldn't the Poachers have searched her belongings and confiscated the Pen and other valuables?

• Raiden and Gobi Todic like this

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#337 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Chapter 65

I love how eerie the first part of the chapter was. Disoriented in location, and disoriented in time. Just Emma trying to get bearings on her situation, and make sense of the disconcerting environment she's in.

All while we wonder what the inevitable danger is going to be this time.

@Oben Free range yes, but not quite farming. Certainly no caretakers who directly approach the subjects to ensure they're well off.

This is more like a safari park, in which subjects are left to their own devices, and at most the keepers maintain the grounds to ensure the hunts are healthy and fit for when the clientele come by.

---

Based on Minerva's statements from the IQ Quiz on the Official Website, he wants to raise a banner of revolution, create a new Promise and definitely needs escapees to help with that.

And yet, he was the one who designated A-08-63 as their next destination. And based on the accompanying map, he knew about Goldy Pond.

Two things come to mind:

1. Either Goldy Pond at the time of the letter wasn't turned into hunting grounds, or
  2. He knew about the dangers involved. Given that the letter recommended the place "should you want to go beyond merely living in peace", perhaps he wants fighters for his cause? Ones who can survive the perils?

In any case, Minerva must've left a clue somewhere in the place. Otherwise, Goldy Pond would be a dead end for prospective escapees.

Perhaps they have to do the same thing as when they first arrived at B-06-32? They'll have to input some kind of passphrase on the Pen, then their next clue will pop up somewhere nearby?

But that in itself brings into question how Minerva could've possibly left clues in the middle of active demon territory

---

"Use your pen"? Now that right there throws a lot of questions.

Who here knows about Minerva? Who here knows about the Pen? And in the first place, who wrote that message?

And shouldn't the Poachers have searched her belongings and confiscated the Pen and other valuables?

I agree with almost everything you say, but the last part. I don't think the Poachers really care for the belongings of a human child and since it's like a hunting game I guess they also don't care for weapons on humans as it would give the hunt more of a thrill.

• gamria likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#338 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:10 PM

I agree with almost everything you say, but the last part. I don't think the Poachers really care for the belongings of a human child and since it's like a hunting game I guess they also don't care for weapons on humans as it would give the hunt more of a thrill.

I think they don't see them as threats of any kind, so why take something from them. They see themselves as superior. It's like a fox hunt for them. They view humans like we view foxes or boars.

• Raiden and gamria like this

#339 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

This chapter shows how doomed they would have been without Emma, though Ray takes the rational part, Emma's 'human' approach is the reason they continue to get this far, her approach to the Guy might have changed him for their sake, probably this will lead Ray and him teaming up to save her.

Edited by Insane Soul, 24 November 2017 - 04:51 PM.

• Raiden and gamria like this

#340 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:25 AM

This chapter shows how doomed they would have been without Emma, though Ray takes the rational part, Emma's 'human' approach is the reason they continue to get this far, her approach to the Guy might have changed him for their sake, probably this will lead Ray and him teaming up to save her.

Hmmm, since we're on the subject, may as well take the chance to talk about it.

If this were your usual shonen manga, this would be derided as merely Talk no Jutsu and frown as it is. Not surprising, given that this sort of stunt had been done to death in the more juvenile works, in less convincing manners.

But really, in real life there are times when taking a chance, talking to the opposition and risking your trust is necessary. In battles, strategies and might aren't enough to quell conflicts. Wise leaders know that you also have to know to talk to the opposition, to attempt to persuade their minds and change their hearts in order to truly settle conflicts.

An example I'll like to bring up is Liar Game. Of the main pair, Akiyama is in charge of strategies and operations, and though she started off very weak, Nao inadvertedly grew into the role of intelligence gathering and recruiting allies.

Their relationship has lots of neat aspects, one of them being that because Akiyama has trust issues, he pretty much has to depend on Nao for recruiting allies and maintaining team morale. The bonus is that the partnerships she establishes are based on mutual trust, something very hard to come by in the Liar Game.

---

I find that Neverland takes a similar approach as well, only executed somewhat better, thanks to its faster pacing and Emma's solid skill set from the get-go.

Emma is smart and can think logically, yet still chooses to be optimistic and willing to bank on "trust". It paid off with the final escape plan, it continues to pay dividends (what with the organisation of their fellow escapees), and now, her audacious outreach to the Survivor actually worked.

It is that aspect of her that thought through everything and still opts to make use of "trust" that makes her "human touch" so convincingly well-executed.
For which I'm grateful. This manga would be so boring if it's just schemers vs schemers.

• Raiden and Blackody like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users