Photo

The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland)

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#341 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

chapter: http://readms.net/r/...land/066/4746/1

I really like this development. This could be a great arc.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#342 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

I hope this leads to the lasting establishment of an actual villain... that has been missing since they left Grace Field.

#343 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

Be careful, MangaStream has added a mining script onto their website, so best not to visit it

Chapter 66

Oh boy, this dilemma is going to be interesting

So, in very rare cases, livestock from the farms may end up shipped out to somewhere outside alive per request rather than straight up "harvested", huh?
This "someone" that this girl wants to introduce to Emma, it'll be madness if it's Norman, or even Leslie (Isabella's sweetheart).

Whatever the case, this someone must be the reason this girl is more aware than others. That, or she's another escapee from elsewhere.
Then was she the one who wrote that message on Emma's hand?

---

Dang, makes me wonder how less capable Emma would've been if she didn't know Isabella was in on the whole plantation business.

Hmmm... even though most of the kids within Goldy Pond won't be on the same level as the Grace Field escape party, so long as Emma feigns ignorance like that rest of them (ie no knowledge of plantation), it might still be possible to gather them as allies.

I say "feigns ignorance", because after all, spilling the truth of their circumstances all at once will immediately collapse their mental state. I mean, finding out that their entire world was a lie AND they were raised to be cattle AND the mother figure they know and love intended to betray them from the very beginning?
(Looking back, the fact that Emma and Norman were able to remain composed when they discovered the truth with their eyes speaks volumes of their mental resilience)

It'll be like when we first recruited Don and Gilda, just giving them partial truths and white lies.
Only, they're not going to be near as safe. The Grace Field party's cohesion was partially due to them being from the same family and having grew up together.
These kids? Not only did they all come from the 4 different farms (belonging to different plantations at that) at different times, but some may very well have left others to die already.

Perhaps it'll be a test of Emma's leadership?

---

Things are going to be tricky, but that doesn't stop Emma from playing the tough big sister, like a boss. I mean, look at that perfect axe throw!

Sie Sind Das Essen Und Wir Sind Die Jager!

• Insane Soul, xMareBearx, Raiden and 1 other like this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#344 4everRouya

4everRouya

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationLoguetown

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

new chapter

https://readms.net/r...land/067/4764/1

You know on the path we've been traveling up until now... Saying a thing like that would just get you laughed at. Although... I slaughtered anyone and everyone who had the nerve to laugh at me...!! But from here on out... we're gonna be sailing the sea where anyone without the nerve to say something like that is as good as dead...!! Let's meet again, in the New World!!

-Eustass "Captain" Kid  :meh: 

#345 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Chapter 67

Emma, stop being so awesome, I worry that I can never praise you enough.

Seriously, this 12 year old girl is using herself as bait to save as many lives as possible, potentially daring 5 groups of demons to go after her (Though the Archduke might be wanting to stir up her rage first by hunting others instead)

If she were in any other manga, people will address her with "nee-sama" or "anego". I have half a mind to use one myself.

• xMareBearx and Raiden like this

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

#346 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

I hope this leads to the lasting establishment of an actual villain... that has been missing since they left Grace Field.

Well I think your hopes come true. Our new villain got a name with Chapter 68 ^^ And that Banquet scene had quite the impact for me. This is a very promising arc.

Spoiler

#347 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

https://readms.net/r...land/069/4802/1

Xm1Uk4L.png

#348 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Great Chapter, but also a bit sad that the one behind these "Freedom fighters" wasn't Norman or Minerva. first I though it was Norman, the nwhen they said it is an adult I thought it would be Minerva, then when I saw his face I thought for one second it was Ilisabeth (Mama)'s Childhood friend. but that it is the best Friend from Nameless Man is also quite nice.

This arc could become my favourite.

Spoiler

#349 xMareBearx

xMareBearx

Spirit of the Bear

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWherever my food tasting brings me

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

I am not so sure that Lucas is a ''good'' person in this mangaverse. I am getting weird vibes from him, tho I do hope my hunch is wrong. 

I also don't think we will see Norman unless it has to do with a big twist in the manga, and I am glad it was not right now. I feel like Norman's reveal is going to be much more important in regards to the context he will be shown in. 

I am also loving this Arc! Can't wait to see what will happen next.

• Raiden likes this

#350 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Lucas will be used to get Bunker Man to cooperate properly. Then Bunker Man will sacrifice himself for the children.

For Norman, he'll be back later, after some timeskips, when he has joined the demons as a scientist and needs to be freed.

(Wild speculations)

• Raiden likes this

#351 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

Chapter 69

Grace Field, Glory Bell and now Grand Valley, huh? Will the 4th Premium Farm also start with a "G" as well?

While I'm at it, where'll the 3rd person have come from? Not likely from Grace Field, and I don't see the 4th Farm being revealed just yet, so perhaps Glory Bell is most likely.
And if Glory Bell, possibly someone who knew the Survivor and Lucas?

---

Not surprised that Norman isn't here. It would've been madness if that was the case.

If the Survivor took some "convincing" from Emma, Ray and the kids in order to stop being crazy and malicious, chances are that Lucas would be a similar case as well. There'll definitely be some kind of crazy in him.

Lucas mentioning William Minerva before Emma can mean one of two things: either he still hadn't learnt anything and is making stuff up, or he did find some kind of clue at Goldy Pond over the years. Whatever the case, he wants to earn Emma's favour.

I'm guessing we'll finally learn what had transpired with the Glory Bell escape party 13 years ago from start to finish? Along with an actual name for the Survivor?
Depending on what happened, I get the feeling Lucas will be mad to hear the Survivor still lives.

---

I see, great to hear there's little to no chances of this group of demons getting in touch with Grace Field.

Something tells me that while the Grand Valley veterans will have higher stats and skillsets than the Grace Field escapees, they could in term be less cohesive.
After all, they could each have come from different Plants or generations. May not have "sibling" relationships, in other words.
And that's before we get to how they even feel about the other Grand Valley kids.

For this, I see some potential conflicts between Emma's beliefs and the veterans.
Whatever the case, I just hope they can cooperate.

#352 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

Since it hasn't been posted yet, Chapter 70:

http://mangafox.la/m...and/c070/1.html

#353 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Pages and translation
https://m.imgur.com/a/ebTPF

Edited by YyAoMmIi, 21 January 2018 - 01:24 PM.

#354 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

LaCk Of MoRAlS

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,589 posts
  • LocationTriggering a particular little man.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

It will be a recording probably, still interesting setup.

I assume there will be more answers inside hunting grounds structure to know more about the true nature of Goldy Pond.

4yYWRNI.png

"My name is Stocke. I'm just a man who wants to see his friends again."

#355 rebel299

rebel299

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:29 AM

I'm guessing to operate the elevator you need a different pen than the one which opened the door. Good thing there's another one headed that direction.

#356 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

I'm guessing to operate the elevator you need a different pen than the one which opened the door. Good thing there's another one headed that direction.

I think it may be that they have to listen to the phone call first and it may tell them that they can't take the elevator back. thus if they leave now they can't help anyone else go

#357 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

It is announced that Demizu Posuka (illustrator) going to appear in upcoming episode of Mandou Kobayashi (Japanese TV program by Kendou Kobayashi (famous Japanese comedian who is famous for manga/anime lover)). Person with helmet is Posuka.

DSCF6838_fixw_730_hq.jpg

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 23 January 2018 - 02:08 PM.

• Raiden and gamria like this

#358 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

I'm a bit late but it was again a great chapter.

It could also be that the one who is calling also has to insert a pen on their side of the elevator (where ever that might be) and he is calling to check who wants to go to his side.

Spoiler

#359 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:44 AM

@Negative Syndicate Nice, didn't know Posuka, the artist of the duo, is female. Interesting.

Late to comment, computer troubles

Chapter 71

While the Official Website had already unveiled Minerva's existence and genuine intentions (as far as we know), this chapter does make a good point: the characters don't know that, therefore it's reasonable for them to doubt his existence and intentions.

Interesting, the true Goldy Pond is actually underground.

Thinking back on it, it was only the humans who called the place Goldy Pond, along with Minerva's map, but the demons had never once referred to it as such.

---

When I saw the elevator control with Pens as the key, the first thing I wondered was its mechanism.

Specifically, does the key need to stay inserted for the elevator to work? Do you need to leave it behind?

Because if you do leave it behind, doesn't that mean you no longer have need for it beyond? Does that mean that's the end of the journey?

But then I thought, that's not right. If by some freak accident the demons discover the interior of the Grounds, leaving Pens behind is a catastrophic compromise, so no.

But if you still need to leave the Pen inserted, then perhaps the elevator just takes you to a pit stop of sorts that'll give you clues for the next destination.

---

Given that the surveillance equipment on the Plaza are right behind Minerva's door, Minerva is responsible for them for sure.

"Surveillance on the Plaza" is only necessary if the Plaza existed to be surveyed in the first place. Which leads me to believe Minerva was also responsible for the Plaza's creation.

(After all, if the demons were the ones who created the Plaza, if would be madness to install surveillance equipment in active enemy territory)

Which leads me to believe that the Plaza was originally created by Minerva, but Lord Bayon somehow discovered the place and turned it into a hunting ground.

Which further supports that Minerva definitely had no intention of tricking prospective escapees.

---

But if the place has been discovered, you don't suppose any excavations had taken place?

As in, in the course of hypothetical excavations, the demons managed to make another entrance underground?

Could that be the reason for the elevator's Failure? Enemy approaching, get out?

---

I wonder, what, if any, aspects of the outside can be manipulated from the Control Room?

Even if it's just basic monitoring, it will be mighty helpful: this Room can really give an edge against the hunters, tracking their movements and setting up ambushes

... no apparent way for long range communication though. One sided hand signals via camera feed at most.

Edited by gamria, 26 January 2018 - 06:52 AM.

#360 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Wow Chapter 72 was awesome. Didn't see that coming, the fucking elevator doesn't work anymore and the children escaped from the place where would be an entrance to the human world (though it's probably heavy guarded so the question is if they even could get out there at the start of their journey).

Also Minerva's looks are finally revealed and I'm pretty sure Norman is a Descendant of Minerva (son or grand-son I think). And now we have 3 possible ways the manga can go, probably they will decide for the "Seven Walls", because why brign that up if it isn't relevant and the other 2 options are pretty straight forward (also I don't think Emma would ever agree to a war).

• xMareBearx likes this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users