Photo

The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland)

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#21 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:33 PM

Chapter 8 is out

Spoiler

Edited by Blue22, 27 September 2016 - 11:45 PM.

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

#22 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:52 PM

Neverland going to have a CP on Issue 45 of Shounen Jump. So, we can assume that this series is safe for a while.

#23 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:10 AM

Chapter 8 is out

Spoiler
:lolxg::lolxg::lolxg:

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#24 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:09 AM

The whole "play tag as a form of parkour and tracking training" really reminds me of Assassination Classroom, in which Cops and Robbers was one of the first ways Class E learnt Free Running too.

I hope this series can maintain the momentum to stay in Jump though. While I had wished for more planning and plotting scenes from AC too, there's almost too much of it in Neverland.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#25 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

Read through all the 8 chapters just now. I really like this series, it feels almost like a new Death Note, with the dark themes as well as the intelligent story design. My only fear is that it will promise too much intelligent plot-lines, and then not be able to deliver on them. So far this manga has done an excellent job in convincing the readers that there's serious and well-thought out stuff going on after all.. That being said, I've seen no indications for that so far so it's probably just me being paranoid

Something I find very interesting is the comedy. I really think the humor is important for this manga, even though it does it does seem slightly misplaced or unfitting at times, such as the jokes made with Ray after he finds out the truth. I like it though, as I think the manga would be far too somber for Jump without it.

So now that this has become a new series I will be looking forward to every week, all I can say is that I'm very impressed so far and that I expect great things ^^

Oh yeah, and I really like the multi-ethnical cast. Just saying because it's very rare to see in Japanese media ^^

• Raiden likes this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#26 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

You think in her own twisted delusional way that Isabella cared for these kids in any way? I ask that this reminds me of the Punk Hazzard arc in One Piece, in that arc Monet in a sick twisted way had some emotional attachment to those children, maybe it is the same thing here.

#27 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:25 AM

You think in her own twisted delusional way that Isabella cared for these kids in any way? I ask that this reminds me of the Punk Hazzard arc in One Piece, in that arc Monet in a sick twisted way had some emotional attachment to those children, maybe it is the same thing here.

I wouldn't put it beyond her to want to give the children as good of a life as possible before they have to die. Nevertheless, it seems pretty obvious that she cares about herself way more than all of the children and the fact that she hasn't shown any grief at all regarding this is heavily implying that she doesn't really have any emotional attachment to them.

This manga does remind me of a novel by Ishiguro Kazuo though, in that it 

Spoiler Never Let Me Go

Don't know why I put spoilers on that.. Better safe than sorry I guess :P

Edited by diezdragon, 29 September 2016 - 06:26 AM.

Spoiler Overcome

#28 stika

stika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

hmmm no chapter this week? Haven't found any spoiler and usually they come out before one piece is released...

#29 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

hmmm no chapter this week? Haven't found any spoiler and usually they come out before one piece is released...

It is on the table of contents posted for this week in the Jump ToC thread, so there should be a chapter coming. Mangastream just scanlates it considerably later compared to the other Jump series. As for why no spoilers are out, no idea.

Spoiler Overcome

#30 stika

stika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:58 AM

It is on the table of contents posted for this week in the Jump ToC thread, so there should be a chapter coming. Mangastream just scanlates it considerably later compared to the other Jump series. As for why no spoilers are out, no idea.

Yeah i noticed on the "Weekly Shonen Jump Author Comments" of this week they had a comment as well... I hope this chapter keeps the hype going... :D

#31 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

And so the escape arc begins next week :)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#32 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

Is it just me or are the depictions of Krone getting increasingly more.. stereotypical..? (I don't want to say racist, but..) I went back to the first few chapters that she appeared in and she definitely looked far more normal then.. Then again, it may just be the psychopathic expressions that she's giving, some of them actually giving me the goosebumps.

Either way, once again an interesting chapter. Will they actually kill her though? Will Emma even allow that? Will all of them manage to escape? I kinda doubt it but at the same time I'm not sure, because we have no idea what is beyond the wall really. Are there other humans that can help them? I have no idea what's going to happen next and I love it.

Edited by diezdragon, 03 October 2016 - 08:15 AM.

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler Overcome

#33 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

Pleeeeaase! No more close-ups of that woman's face. PLEASE!

#34 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

Good chapter! I love those characters.

I am fed up with Japanese's people obsession of geniuses, but I really like Norman.

#35 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:58 AM

Nice chapter, the action was good and fresh. It's also nice that the plot quickly moved to the escape, although I wonder what comes after that... a timeskip maybe? Since there are some signs that they will go to liberate the other farms and maybe start an insurrection against the demons, and I can't imagine that'd work out with a bunch of twelve-year olds. Unless there's larger human communities left outside. Not sure what the problem with Krone's face is, those seem just like average manga-villain expressions to me.

I am fed up with Japanese's people obsession of geniuses, but I really like Norman.

Well, the plot gives them a reason to be geniuses, they are specifically trained, and otherwise they wouldn't have survived the farm as long.

• Raiden likes this

#36 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

Not sure what the problem with Krone's face is, those seem just like average manga-villain expressions to me.

I don't have a problem, but I can see why others do.

The manga already has a creepiness factor with the demons and how kids are trying to hide their plans, so adults have jump scare on them.

Also, Average Manga-Villian faces does not have the creepiness factor, it more humorous, or trying to inspire despair(not the same as creepiness though)

#37 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

Are we going to get to see a normal looking black person later to make up for sister Krone and her shapeless cloud nebula hair?

• number21 likes this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#38 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

So the problem is that Krone's facial features looks to you guys  like a caricature of black people's faces?

#39 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

So the problem is that Krone's facial features looks to you guys  like a caricature of black people's faces?

That's not really my problem.

Japanese artists are completely capable of drawing beautiful or handsome black people. They just choose not to because no one in their target demographic will complain if they don't. There's no negative repercussions for them being offensive towards minorities that don't have a large presence in their own country.

Even people in america, where there are tons of black, mixed, and african people, are still ignorant about people of color. People pretend we all look, act, talk, and think the same despite the blatant contradiction created by them already having met many black people that dont fit the stereotype they are thinking of when they speak.

One of the few reasons people take enough interest to learn about it is when they, like me, are a black person trying to regain some pride in their race and appearance because it was stripped away by growing up in American culture. 

So, a Japanese person has no reason to draw a black character that doesn't have big lips and nappy hair. 

What is offensive about her is that she's just plain ridiculous. She's not a respectable character. 

She makes cartoonishly horrifying faces where she's not even looking at any object around her. Her eyes are just pointing out at odd directions like the way a frog doesn't look at anything, but just leaves its eyes sitting open in case something interesting enters its field of vision and it knows to either eat it or run from it.

However, that's just the type of character she is. So, she's not disappointing in and of herself. She's expectedly wacky for what her role in the story is.

She will only become a disappointment if she is the only black person we meet.

• number21 and diezdragon like this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#40 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:38 AM

everybody know gilda is the spy among them playing two face.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users