Photo

The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland)

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#501 YoWid

YoWid

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationTarrant's Valhalla

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:02 PM

May those with unrealistic idealistic streaks perish and/or got their asses handed to them in the most humiliating way.

The monsters are *literally* subhumans, they should be viewed as no better than insects or germs or guinea pigs.

Norman was on the right track already before Emma came. Musica is a lost cause already. In real life, she's an outlier; the one holding moderate and peaceful views who is basically powerless against the majority with radical ideology (eating humans)--may she rest in peace among her fellow kin.

Time is of the essence; let the original plan continue--let the cleansing commence.

• Tom Ace and Jekkusormi like this

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#502 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

I don't think I'll ever be able to side with Emma, she is far too idealistic and ignorant. In her mind if one Demon doesn't murder countless children, experiment on them, torture them, rip them apart limb from limb, then they should be saved...

With that said, i do see the story working out for Emma if it follows the standard tropes. Maybe if she saw Ray get butchered and then watches as a little demon child rips the flesh off of Rays BBQ leg, that might change her mind, cause when it happens to countless no name characters it's not a big deal i guess.

And yes i know "what about the cure so they never have to eat people again!". I don't see every demon or even a majority giving up on the one food that they have had for thousands of years that they yearn for, just cause some girl says you don't have to anymore.

I guess the past few chapters have been getting on my nerves so i had to rant a bit.

• YoWid likes this

#503 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

In her mind if one Demon doesn't murder countless children, experiment on them, torture them, rip them apart limb from limb, then they should be saved...

But humans do these things to each other all the time?.... (Also we don't know what the humans did to the demons. It was a pact from both sides after all)

So I really don't understand how people can get behind a plan that is a fucking Genocide of an intelligent race.

Of course I know Emma is too naive and/or idealistic, but why does it always have to be one extreme or the other?

Also I said it before without people like Emma with idealistic views the world would be an even shittier dump than it is already.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#504 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

But humans do these things to each other all the time?.... (Also we don't know what the humans did to the demons. It was a pact from both sides after all)

So I really don't understand how people can get behind a plan that is a fucking Genocide of an intelligent race.

Of course I know Emma is too naive and/or idealistic, but why does it always have to be one extreme or the other?

Also I said it before without people like Emma with idealistic views the world would be an even shittier dump than it is already.

From what i remember it was a stalemate that both sides lost large numbers, thus they created the pact.

Yes humans do all of that as well as cannibalism. That's why we have jail or executions. But it's not a good comparison, as most humans do not murder, torture or eat highly intelligent life, the demons however do, and they are quite happy in doing that.

Something shouldn't die if it has intelligence? Nonsense. Should a genius who kills countless children live because he is smarter than most? One should only be judged on their actions alone.

Killing off every single demon, even if some will not kill humans does seem extreme, but when the number of demons that do not eat humans are probably less than 0.1% then the logical, non ethical choice would be to kill them all, leaving no chance of human butchering happening in the future.  

Sure, the ideal outcome would be for the demons to follow human laws, and for any demon who murders a human to be punished. The question is, in the transition period (could be years, as we don't know how large the world and problem is) how many humans need to die in the demons stead for that idealistic view? So does 100,000 10,000? 1,000? kids need to be murdered and eaten to save all demons, cause that will be the price and burden Emma will have to live with, as she traded the lives of humans for demons, even if the ratio was low.

#505 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

the demons however do, and they are quite happy in doing that.

What? No. It's not most demons who do that. It's a select few just like with humans. (funnily enough it's mostly the royal family members who don't even need to eat humans)

The Demons that life in the villages just get low quality farm meat and eat it because they have to and there is no evil intention behidn that. And they also have children as we have seen, who I'm pretty sure can still be formed in their world view. So if they don't have to eat human meat to regain their intelligence and form I think a lot of them also would be happy to eat other meat, especially the ones who only know low quality farm meat anyway (which is the majority of demons).

Something shouldn't die if it has intelligence?

That's not what I said. You shouldn't make a intelligent race extinct because a small group in that race is cruel to humans and likes to hunt them.

cause that will be the price and burden Emma will have to live with,

I'm pretty sure it's a burden she is ready to take.

Spoiler

#506 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

What? No. It's not most demons who do that. It's a select few just like with humans. (funnily enough it's mostly the royal family members who don't even need to eat humans)

The Demons that life in the villages just get low quality farm meat and eat it because they have to and there is no evil intention behidn that. And they also have children as we have seen, who I'm pretty sure can still be formed in their world view. So if they don't have to eat human meat to regain their intelligence and form I think a lot of them also would be happy to eat other meat, especially the ones who only know low quality farm meat anyway (which is the majority of demons).

That's not what I said. You shouldn't make a intelligent race extinct because a small group in that race is cruel to humans and likes to hunt them.

I'm pretty sure it's a burden she is ready to take.

From what we have been shown, if almost any demon sees a human they want to kill/eat it, so i can only base it off of what we have see. If the royals have no need for human meat yet they still eat humans, what makes you think a majority of the demons will stop after being cured?

No evil intention behind it, how is that? If your okay with eating humans then you're accepting of killing humans. I would never eat gorilla because in my mind it is wrong to kill one.

I have to disagree that only a small number of demons like to hunt humans. We have not been shown if a majority of demons will not kill a human if they see one. Take Goblin Slayer as an example. At the start people thought that killing goblin children was wrong because they (the reader/viewer) never saw them kill a human, but later in the story we are shown when a woman shows kindness to a goblin child that kid murders her from behind.

Just because we aren't shown that the demons kids are monsters does not mean they are pure of heart.

But it is what you said, I'm just going by an individual case. You're assuming most demons wouldn't kill a human if they saw one, this hasn't been the case thus far. i can only think of two demons that don't, Mujika and Sonju.

And Sunju only wanted to free the kids so he can hunt them down and kill them later. Also know that he does not need human meat he just wants to kill humans.

She's not at all. If she was, then she would have given up on saving everyone as it is an impossible dream.

Right now i can only think of one way for it all to work out and it's fairly unrealistic. It would involve saving every human on the planet that demons have under control, then giving the demons an ultimatum. Accept the cure and never eat humans again, or be killed/ revert to your original state. After that, all the humans would leave the demon world and both sides would live happily ever after the end. Of course this would be quite the boring story if i already figured it all out.

Edited by Tom Ace, 14 April 2019 - 03:50 PM.

• Jekkusormi and YoWid like this

#507 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:14 AM

From what we have been shown, if almost any demon sees a human they want to kill/eat it, so i can only base it off of what we have see. If the royals have no need for human meat yet they still eat humans, what makes you think a majority of the demons will stop after being cured?

I think that because the royals did grow up in the old times were they waged war against the humans (Lewis was remembering the old times and Bajon too iirc and they said something like "the farm meat doesn't compare in the slightest to the real deal") and they are stuck in their believes or their personalities are just that way (after all in the latest chapter we saw that not every royal knew about the goldy Pong hunting Grounds, so there could even be exceptions in the royals)

So I think demons who come from a totally different world/background would be way more open to the idea of not eating/hunting humans.

That's also why Emma suggested to only kill the royals and then give the cure to every demon that wants it (and guess kill the ones that don't? don't remember and I think she also didn't specify what happens with them)

No evil intention behind it, how is that? If your okay with eating humans then you're accepting of killing humans

It's not evil because they NEED to eat human meat to remain their form and intelligence (except musica and the royals).

I have to disagree that only a small number of demons like to hunt humans. We have not been shown if a majority of demons will not kill a human if they see one.

The only Demons we have saw hunting the Children so far were either Farm staff with the intention of bringing back at leats the premium grade kids, wild demons without intelligence or Royals.

So we have no basis to say that every demon, even the one born without the background of the old days, is for sure to enjoy nothing more than to hunt humans.

And Sunju only wanted to free the kids so he can hunt them down and kill them later.

Actually he helped them so they would destroy the promise and he could hunt Not-Farm-Humans again. He would never hunt the farm-kids because they are unnatural.. But yeah I don't know if he is a royal, but he is some religious guy (and we humans know what can all get wrong with blindly following some religion) and also from the old days, so he can be put into the category with the royals. 

And I stay by our human law and say to all the demons from the new world that they are innocent until proven guilty.

Spoiler

#508 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:49 AM

@Raiden A lot of this is just conjecture. We just don't know enough about the demons, and when you have a limited amount of time to save as many humans as you can, then Normans plan makes the most sense.

To kill humans just maintain your intelligence is still evil, it does not matter if they have too do it. They are trading someone else's life for theirs.

#509 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Two ways to look at this -

1) Demons are not human so human morals/ethics do not apply. Since morals/ethics don't apply then all bets are off. They don't deserve our capacity for compassion, mercy, and forgiveness.

2) Demons are an intelligent race of individuals. As a race of individuals they should be treated as such. So if one Demon does evil then that Demon alone should be punished while sparring those not guilty of the crime.

This is an observation from someone who sees the world in Black and White.

• Raiden likes this

Posted Image

#510 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

Chapters 129 to 133

Norman Side
I have to wonder, by what sorcery did they manage to masquerade their raids on the farms in such a way that they appeared to have been conducted by Demons? You can explain the main Lambda facility with whatever Smee did, but what about the other farms? Especially with how out of control the Irregulars can appear to be at times...
And would they have the means to masquerade their assassination as being carried out by Demons too?

Ah, so the hunters from Goldy Pond were related to the Five Regent Houses, good to know.

At last, we have some idea on what the Tifari is: a ceremony during which the royalty and the Five Regent Houses will gather.
Additionally, from what we readers learnt at Grace Field (Ch 7 and 33), it appears to be a harvest festival of sorts, giving thanks to the Demon God for their produce.

Furthermore, whether it is an event that takes place every 1 or 5 years, one certain thing is that at least one livestock will be offered as part of the festival.

---

Based on the facts available, I can see two possible points where Norman's assassination plan will fall apart:
  1. The Tifari involves an offering, a human child sacrifice in other words. If by some chance the offering is kept alive and not "harvested" until the Tifari takes place, would their presence wind up drawing undue attention from Norman's team?
  2. As feared, the Irregulars are already destabilising. Whose to say they won't go crazy at the ceremony in 8 days' time, to the point that they can't conduct a sneak attack anymore?

Emma and Ray's Side
I cannot fathom why people could think that they winded up back at the physical Grace Field House at the end of Ch 132. It's obviously a different dimension of some kind, just with familiar elements that strike at the minds of the entrants, invoked by the Demon God.

Yep, everything involving the Demon God now officially constitutes actual magic, with moonlight alchemy, different dimensions, magic portals and nightmare visions.

Still, this is something I don't understand: if the Demons are supposed to be metamorphic bacteria in which many have evolved to become human-like, then what does that make the Demon God? It's not like there was any magical deity that was out there to who was unfortunate to be consumed by bacteria, right?

Unless, the Demon God existed first, and it was what created the Demon bacteria in the first place?

Lastly, assuming this journey to meet the Demon God and back will take up the bulk of the 8 days, hopefully Emma and Ray won't starve and thirst to death.

• Raiden likes this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#511 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

So Demons aren't mutated Humans that turned Cannibal.

Now to add fuel to the fire about how Demons should be treated -

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Man-eater

In real life people will kill a man eating animal but what if these animals have the same intelligence we do?

Even in nature prey will fight back-

Gamria - there is that 'Flesh Eating Bacteria' in real life. So maybe the Demon Race started out as some kind of Bacteria like that.

Edited by Graeystone, 02 May 2019 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image

#512 YoWid

YoWid

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationTarrant's Valhalla

User's Awards

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

So, before they got to Neverland, they must pass the Wacko Wonderland first? Huh.

Pretty obvious this is all just a genjutsu, and maybe barely a minute pass in the real world for a year there (or something to that effect), but what awaits them next?

The inhabitants of the royal capital as shown in the previous chapter?\

Sonju (and Musica)?

They'd need some real strong negotiation skills and/or plot armors to advance further without getting mauled by the majority of human-flesh-hungry monsters roaming out there beyond the Seven Walls. 

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users