Photo

[Miscellaneous] Things You Probably Didn't Notice (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#241 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

It says "The Azkab" for sure but I dont see the rest and that word before that doesnt look like Prisoner for me. There is a book with "Prisoners" on it, two books before that. Maybe he tried to give us the reference through two books.

Edited by Enbima, 01 July 2017 - 09:09 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#242 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,349 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Viz's official English translation.

So it's not that Aokiji were grouping Boa and DD together and hyping both of them but rather just DD.

0699-011.png

• eemo23 and Chillman like this

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#243 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

I mean he's still comparing him to her referring to her as also a "rare class of pirate" so he's still grouping them together.

we already concluded it was most probably due to the fact they are both "royals" and CoC users (nothing to do with actual physical strength)

Edited by Miss Coquine, 31 July 2017 - 01:39 AM.

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#244 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,349 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

1. referring to her as also a "rare class of pirate"

2. so he's still grouping them together.

Except that 1 doesn't necessarily mean 2. Doffy and Boa's being the same to a degree (rare class of pirate) doesn't contradict what I said.

For example, when male A tells male B ''we're both human (or we're both Russian/lawyer/activist/etc.) but I'm of a higher class'', do you think A is grouping himself with B even though he admits what they have in common (human/lawyer/etc.)? NOOO!!! A is actually making a distinction.

So Aokiji, whilst saying DD and Boa share certain similarity, ''praises'' DD by acknowledging he's an exceedingly rare class of pirate, that not even Boa is like him. Yeah, that's an indirect praise for Boa, too, but no doubt DD gets the higher place there.

we already concluded it was most probably due to the fact they are both "royals" and CoC users (nothing to do with actual physical strength)

Yes, I do agree Aokiji's words probably has nothing to do with physical strength or power level because he just said right before that what he meant. Did I say anything about strength?

And in the dialogue, Aokiji was talking about their being Shichibukai and king/queen of their countries. CoC is nowhere to be found. I don't even think it's of any importance here when there are several famous pirates who have it whereas there are only 7 warlords and only 2 of them are the leaders of their countries.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#245 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,308 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Idk that scene always was clear to me

Aokiji "he is a warlord and king, yes you have seen hancock, but you havent seen anything yet"

I think it was very clear as the arc went on that even though DD is a king like hancock, DD used his status as king to manfacture arms and supply them to the worlds criminals.
Where hancock used her status as king to just be a jerk and have fun.

In terms of strength i see no indication oda was trying to compare them, and if you want me to, hancoc needs......FEATS before i can.
  • capu likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users