Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:12 AM

Previous thread

777dcce6484fd9fb2ca8721cdadf43f2.jpg

She's not gonna fall for someone else.  She's a Shichibukai and she's met a lot of men, very impressive and powerful men that she has no interest in.

She's only attracted to Luffy because he's different and "special."  He's not like the other guys she has run into.  He's immune to her charms and he's the selfless hero she thought didn't exist.  He has conqueror's haki like her, too.  They're also supposed to be the perfect match according to trivial things.

The only other match for her would probably be Garp but he's Luffy's grandpa.  Luffy is his younger, smaller, dashing rogue version.

This isn't a shojo. Not everyone is going to paired up with someone. In fact, we'll be lucky if anyone gets paired together by the end of this. Oda may just decide to end it with no pairings, that the group goes on travelling with no indication of what the future holds.

That said, my point still stands. Hancock's feelings for Luffy has nothing to do with Luffy's feelings for Hancock. Just because Hancock may not find herself in love with anyone else doesn't mean that Luffy is obligated to stay with her. People often continue on after their loved ones move on with others. It's a trope called 'I want my beloved to be happy' and may come from knowing that their loved one loves someone else more, that confessing will ruin their friendship, or just that they know their loved one doese't return the feelings.

As far as writing goes, here are my biggest reasons for not pairing Hancock:
1. "A character can't confess to an oblivious character until they return the feelings on some level. That almost always means that the character will reject them." Luffy didn't even spare Hancock's feelings as he bluntly turned her down.
2. "If they are rejected, they will only have a chance if they a.) have moments together that reveals a different aspect of their character or b.) do something significant that changs their loved ones opinion of them." Hancock pretty showed more of herself and helped Luffy out significantly before the skip. There's not much left to sway Luffy's opinion of her. He's grateful for what she's done but that doesn't translate to love.

As for what you were saying, there are a lot of characters in this series that I could imagine would be immune to her charms. Could you honestly say that Zoro, Mihawk, Crocodile, etc would go all lovey dovey for her? Zoro didn't even go peek at Nami and Vivi at the baths. He might be more asexual than Luffy.

http://www.mangapand...m/one-piece/584
^Relationship goals, though.

^Zolu teas, captain first mate tea, zolu is real etc.

• Petite Fleur likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#2 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:30 AM

Ace's fave fruit is a pineapple  :)

• ddboy102 likes this

#3 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:12 AM

If Oda follows the examples set by Kubo and Kishimoto, the ending of One Piece will be anticlimactic, and the pairings controversial... 

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

#4 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:14 AM

If Oda follows the examples set by Kubo and Kishimoto, the ending of One Piece will be anticlimactic, and the pairings controversial... 

Nah, he'll follow the Legend of Korra serie.

Same sex marriage ftw

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#5 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:20 AM

*shrugs* Either way, I guess it really doesn't make a difference. 

Vivi's recent dialogue makes me think she's waiting for Luffy (even though he's about as asexual as they come). 

#6 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:46 AM

Unlike Kishi and especially Kubo, Oda knows what he is doing with OP, for the most part at least

• Kazekage, AndrewR5D4 and a.D.h like this

qhz8b56l.png

#7 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

Unlike Kishi and especially Kubo, Oda knows what he is doing with OP, for the most part at least

Kubo always knows what he's doing. Only that it isn't to the liking of so many hence the rush. And Kishi didn't slip until the final arc, which OP isn't even close to reach. Not that before that Naruto and Bleach are great, mind you.

• JDG973 likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#8 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

Kubo always knows what he's doing. Only that it isn't to the liking of so many hence the rush. And Kishi didn't slip until the final arc, which OP isn't even close to reach. Not that before that Naruto and Bleach are great, mind you.

That´s your opinion which i do not even remotely share. Kubo had great art and a sense of what´s cool in teh beginning of Bleach but he has no clue about basic storytelling. And Kishi slipped even before the timeskip happened, so...

qhz8b56l.png

#9 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Same sex marriage ftw

so we get the SanZo ending we deserve. :aww:

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#10 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

Vivi's recent dialogue makes me think she's waiting for Luffy (even though he's about as asexual as they come). 

I have always seen her with Kohza. A lot of interesting imageries that could foreshadow them being the future leaders of their kingdom. They both truly care about Alabasta and I have always thought that Cobra has seen him as a worthy successor when he was a kid and risked his life for her when he was just a kid.

#11 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Nah, he'll follow the Legend of Korra serie.

Same sex marriage ftw

And Nami is clearly a lesbian. So Nami x Tashigi for the win!

#12 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:12 PM

So Nami x Tashigi

Pretty sure it's Nami x Vivi for most people.

#13 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

Pretty sure it's Nami x Vivi for most people.

68325816.jpg

• Miss Coquine, waleuska and Chillman like this

#14 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:02 AM

You are right. It would seem that Vivi's quite interested in Luffy. If that's the case, Vivi would have to contend with Hancock. Although, I could see Vivi with Kohza. Speaking of which, wouldn't the timeskip had given them time to develop their relationship if Oda wanted to see it happen. 

Edited by darthfury78, 28 August 2016 - 02:04 AM.

#15 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

Best couple

Spoiler

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#16 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

Well tell Robin to move so I can see Luffy.
  • Furinji Saiga, waleuska and Strobacaxi like this

#17 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

You wont see him. Hes chilling with 3 swords.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#18 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:27 AM

You wont see him. Hes chilling with 3 swords.

He's chilling and playing with Zoro's swords? So basically Zolu is real? 

#19 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:42 AM

Nah just chilling. The swords are riding luffy. They've been in that position for while. He still smiles like a real D!

Edited by Enbima, 09 October 2016 - 04:42 AM.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#20 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:28 AM

Nah just chilling. The swords are riding luffy. They've been in that position for while. He still smiles like a real D!

Zoro's swords have been riding luffy for a while?   :lolxg: Amazing. 

Yet another proof that everyone is a closet Zolu shipper. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users