Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/wvRlViW.jpg...

I like this ship. I think i'm getting on board.

you forgot viola quite fast man. haha

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#62 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

you forgot viola quite fast man. haha

Did not really forget Viola, but i like this ship better as it's being presented right now :lol: And it seems like the kind of thing Oda would do, to have two people forced into this wedding, only for the two to actually develop feelings towards each other. It's something you wouldn't really expect to happen at first given the circumstances. Not that it's set in stone or anything, but i see some promise here  :^_^: 

• Kazekage and Danny like this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#63 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:08 AM

Viola is DD's now :P

And I still hope that Sanji is acting.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#64 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,666 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

viola..........

hey did we ever get a reason why she changed her name? that seems really stupid to change your name from viola to violet that is like if i changed my name from Captain Kidd to Captain kud..............would that fool you guys?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#65 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

Violet will not be very happy to learn that Sanji's getting married. 

sanji_x_pudding_by_opirou-da4h2td.pngdXGNBMO.gif

CNa6bREWUAAK5zo.jpg

• Sanji likes this

#66 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:47 AM

That Sanji x Pudding pic reminds me that both her and Sanji keep an eye hidden, and it's probably for the same reason as well :isee:

xGzqj0x.gif

#67 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

viola..........

hey did we ever get a reason why she changed her name? that seems really stupid to change your name from viola to violet that is like if i changed my name from Captain Kidd to Captain kud..............would that fool you guys?

She didn't change her name. Violet's just alias. Like Baby 5 and Buffalo (otherwise we wouldn't have that bit about Law and they exchanged real, full names). Corazon is also just the position cause Rocinante said ''the former Corazon, Vergo...'' and I think Trebol, Diamante and Pica aren't real names either.

As for why she didn't make a completely different alias....who knows...

#68 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:22 AM

That Sanji x Pudding pic reminds me that both her and Sanji keep an eye hidden, and it's probably for the same reason as well :isee:

We still don't have any confirmation that Pudding has three eyes. Not to mention it wouldn't make sense for her to hide it, given how Big Mom's crew and family is filled with oddities. 

#69 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:37 AM

We still don't have any confirmation that Pudding has three eyes. Not to mention it wouldn't make sense for her to hide it, given how Big Mom's crew and family is filled with oddities. 

Assuming she hides it. There's hiding and there's changing hair style.

#70 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

She was not hiding it when she was just with her mom and her crew, when we've seen her and Bobbins for the first time. She was hiding it when she was in public, or welcoming guests. And her not embracing her oddity in spite of being surrounded by other strange beings can definitely make sense. Sanji doesn't show both of his eyes simultaneously, and he's surrounded by a rubber boy, a rock star skeleton, a mostly cute but sometimes monster deer, a dude that modified his body in absurd ways, having nipple lights as a feature, and so on.

Edited by Sanji, 10 November 2016 - 12:43 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#71 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

He does look like a frog as well....

tumblr_inline_ofbcotzIdn1r7hnsc_500.jpg

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 10 November 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#72 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:57 PM

So which sounds better:
Roronoa Tashigi
Roronoa Perona
Roronoa Robin
Roronoa Sanji

(I know someone's going to say Luffy but I'm pretty sure Zoro would take Luffy's name seeing as how he'd be the pirate king ;))

Edited by Nintendocat, 10 November 2016 - 04:00 PM.

• Miss Coquine, Kazekage and waleuska like this

#73 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

Well, I think Oda said on a  sbs that Tashigi had a thing for him. They remind me of an old married couple that hilariously argues over trivial things. The chemistry and a possible interesting development are there.

#74 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

Well, I think Oda said on a sbs that Tashigi had a thing for him. They remind me of an old married couple that hilariously argues over trivial things. The chemistry and a possible interesting development are there.

Which one was that? I recall the one that said she was embarrassed to be carried and didn't want the marines to see her being carried by a pirate. He said that there might have been another reason she was embarrassed but he doesn't understand how young women think. That might just be a Japaneee thing fhough since girls get embarrassed in shojo all the time when they're carried, especially if it's princess or bridal style. Was there another SBS where Oda said something else?

I used to really ship him and Tashigi but the extrememly long time between interactions between them and Zoro's lack of reaction to her after the skip kind of killed it for me. His old reactions seemed point to something unique between them but now it's the same reaction he has with everyone, just kind of annoyed and bored.

Edited by Nintendocat, 10 November 2016 - 04:31 PM.

• Kazekage likes this

#75 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

Which one was that? I recall the one that said she was embarrassed to be carried and didn't want the marines to see her being carried by a pirate. He said that there might have been another reason she was embarrassed but he doesn't understand how young women think. That might just be a Japaneee thing fhough since girls get embarrassed in shojo all the time when they're carried, especially if it's princess or bridal style. Was there another SBS where Oda said something else?

It was that one indeed. The way he phrased (more like dodged) his answer leads me to believe that she has a thing for him. Since, its not a romance manga I think he can't outright say it.

edit to your edit: I wish Oda did more with them as well. I understand if you don't really ship them cause Oda has not done a lot with her. Zoro has been pretty generic since the TS. The anime did something awesome when they met or clashed on PH by throwing a callback to the way Kuina handed his 2001 loss

(the pose she takes is extremely similar). I wonder if Oda wanted to put it but his editor cut that out. Its a shame she is a character that could become a fan favorite if she were given more screen time and more likable moments.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 10 November 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#76 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

So which sounds better:
Roronoa Tashigi
Roronoa Perona
Roronoa Robin
Roronoa Sanji

(I know someone's going to say Luffy but I'm pretty sure Zoro would take Luffy's name seeing as how he'd be the pirate king ;))

Nooo! Not you too...

Roronoa Robin of course!

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#77 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

@Nintendocat

Oda could definitely try to draw moments like this that could make Zoro more interesting and they don't have to overly romantic.

55.jpg

Loved how she notices the hints of the insane training he is going through.

56.jpg

#78 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

Nooo! Not you too...

Roronoa Robin of course!

I was just listing those he's paired with the most, I wasn't saying I ship him with all of them.

It was that one indeed. The way he phrased (more like dodged) his answer leads me to believe that she has a thing for him. Since, its not a romance manga I think he can't outright say it.

edit to your edit: I wish Oda did more with them as well. I understand if you don't really ship them cause Oda has not done a lot with her. Zoro has been pretty generic since the TS. The anime did something awesome when they met or clashed on PH by throwing a callback to the way Kuina handed his 2001 loss
(the pose she takes is extremely similar). I wonder if Oda wanted to put it but his editor cut that out. Its a shame she is a character that could become a fan favorite if she were given more screen time and more likable moments.

Oda also had to dodge the fact that Luffy reacted to Nami's naked body and not to Hancock's because shippers took that as proof that Luffy has feelings for Nami. Any dodging he does is usually shippers taking things in a context he didn't intend and turning them into a joke.

If we're going by the anime then Perona definitely has feelings for him given the scene where she was sad that he was gone. The anime also made her Tsundere because Tsundere.

Also your images don't work.

Edited by Nintendocat, 10 November 2016 - 05:38 PM.

#79 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

I was just listing those he's paired with the most, I wasn't saying I ship him with all of them.

The "Nooo" was for the Zoro and luffy thing.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#80 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

The "Nooo" was for the Zoro and luffy thing.

I know. :) But if I hadn't added them I would have gotten snark for leaving them out.
  • Miss Coquine and Enbima like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users