#41 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

Yay for Buggy. Smoker and Tashigi are looking suspiciously pirate-y, so, undercover mission coming for them? Also seems like they're going the Strong World/Z route again with some old timer as the villain... though at least, since this takes place after WCI, Luffy is now big enough to take them on even if they aren't significantly past their prime ^^

#42 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

What are you doing Usopp. Don't wear that hat right next to Chopper :facepalm: We'[re reaching new levels of disrespect.

#43 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:46 PM

Old Roger pirate? Nice!! And his name is Bullet? I feel like I already know what the finishing move is gonna be lol

#44 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

Looks good. 

Cannot wait !

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#45 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:20 PM

Stampede movie poster
fgo07OX.jpg

Check out Chopper rocking those boots! XD Let this be a lesson in design placement.

Btw, the green haired girl is from the Toyko Tower Strawhat Store stage show.

Edited by Nintendocat, 10 April 2019 - 01:21 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#46 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

Stampede movie poster
https://imgur.com/fgo07OX.jpg...

Check out Chopper rocking those boots! XD Let this be a lesson in design placement.

Namis pose in front of Sanji is far worse xd

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#47 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

Stampede movie poster
https://imgur.com/fgo07OX.jpg...

Btw, the green haired girl is from the Toyko Tower Strawhat Store stage show.

Nami is wearing those boots, she just happens to be Chopper's behind. Though if you only take quickly look, it would seems that Chopper is wearing those red shoes.

Namis pose in front of Sanji is far worse xd

That's just wrong in so many ways but i can't help to laugh at it. I hope they realizes what's wrong in poster and change Nami's location / pose asap.

#48 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:57 PM

New Teaser for the movie. Look at all the cameos! (Probably only there for a second for most of them :P) Most of the people announced to be in it are shown but I know Perona's supposed to be in it too but she's not in the teaser. Looking at Blackbeard, most of them might just be flashback things. ----> New Trailer with Subs

Nami is wearing those boots, she just happens to be Chopper's behind. Though if you only take quickly look, it would seems that Chopper is wearing those red shoes.

I know, that's why I said it's important to consider placement when designing. I know Sanji behind Nami is also suggestive but Chopper wearing thigh high boots is what people keep pointing out about it since your eyes are drawn to it so quickly.

Edited by Nintendocat, 11 April 2019 - 11:24 AM.

#49 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:02 AM

So in this movie there will be even Hancock? If so, this is awesome.

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#50 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

Yeah they have a list of characters that are in it but unlike Smoker and Tashigi who seem to be on an undercover mission, a lot of the others don't seem like they're actually there so they might only be mentioned in passing. If you look at Film Gold, for example, Luchi was hyped up for it but only had a minor role.

Edited the trailer above to the one with subs but here it is again. ----->New Trailer with Subs

Edited by Nintendocat, 11 April 2019 - 11:26 AM.

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

#51 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Yeah they have a list of characters that are in it but unlike Smoker and Tashigi who seem to be on an undercover mission, a lot of the others don't seem like they're actually there so they might only be mentioned in passing. If you look at Film Gold, for example, Luchi was hyped up for it but only had a minor role.

Edited the trailer above to the one with subs but here it is again. ----->New Trailer with Subs

Agreed. The Schichibukais, most of the rookies and most of the marines are likely gonna be cameos. It will not be wise to show their skills when we are approaching the final arc.

The Buggy pirates, Law, and Smoker Tashigi are likely gonna have major roles based on the last teaser. Its kind of a let down that the film is not a canon arc.

Oda is really looking to make a film that will surpass DB Broly film in hype and sale which is awesome and I want to see it (rivalry creates excellence)

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 13 April 2019 - 10:24 AM.

#52 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Characters like the admirals, Garp, and Sengoku have appeared in movies before but mainly as exposition at HQ talking about events. I could see that easily being what's going to happen in this. They talk about how something about having men sneak inside to investigate something and then the main Marine role is with Smoker and Tashigi undercover. It could be an HQ thing where they're just investigating or it could be 'we're going to attack this island of pirates' thing where they're hanging back on ships waiting for a time to attack. It likely won't happen but that's a possible plotline where 'something happens so they can't go through with the attack'.

I just realized that I've been talking about the characters that were announced in the film but no one had posted them yet. Oops :P I'm going to break them down into the easily explained and the mystery role characters, though all of them are likely not going to be super crucial to the plot, as mentioned before. Also I'm leaving out the new characters since they're obviously involved in whatever way they're needed.

Main Characters: Obviously there
Monkey D. Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Tony Tony Chopper
Nico Robin
Franky
Brook

Supernovas: Pirate Expo so not too weird to be there
Trafalgar Law
Eustass Kid
Killer
Jewelry Bonney
Capone Bege
Basil Hawkins
Scratchmen Apoo
Urouge
X Drake

Marines/Government: Undercover Mission
Smoker
Tashigi
Borsalino/Kizaru
Sakazuki/Akainu
Hina
Koby
Helmeppo
Sentomaru
Monkey D. Garp
Sengoku
Rob Lucci

Buggy Crew: Buggy has his Tokyo Tower show design (related to Ann being in the plot) so they might have an actual role in the film
Buggy
Galdino
Alvida
Mohji
Cabaji
Richie
Issho

Other Warlords: Given that it's just these two and the fact that they're not normally the type to be used in WG missions, I think they'll either be flashbacks or cameos mentioning Luffy and Zoro. There's a chance that they'd be at the Expo in person but I'd say it's low until we see more.
Boa Hancock
Dracule Mihawk

Revolutionaries: Maybe related to the Marine mission, maybe not?
Sabo
Koala

Other major pirates that make sense: Once again, it's a pirate convention so it's not too far-fetched for them to be there. Besides, what better place for a fan boy. Foxy could also be there to play Davy Back games as per his character.
Bartolomeo
Cavendish
Foxy

Other characters:
-Marshall D. Teach - While it is a pirate expo, he's pretty much the 'Big Bad' of the series and not the movie so it's not like he'll be coming across Luffy. Given that his look in the teaser is pre-skip, it might just be a flashback.
-Crocodile - Once again, pirate expo makes sense but personality does not. Maybe he'd have a reason to be there but we'd need to see more.
-Wapol - Not a pirate anymore but maybe Kings also go there to party? Or maybe some stuff on the island functions with his Wapol Metal so he's been invited.
-Perona - If she's there in person, she's probably the weirdest character to show up. My guess is that, since this movie has been in development from before she left Mihawk's, that she's likely be in whatever scene Mihawk is. If she is actually there, maybe she tracked down Blackbeard to find Moria but I doubt they'd have a canon plot involved in the movie.
-Gol D. Roger - Most likely a flashback but is relevant to the plot it's not a shock that he's listed.

As I said with Perona's, a lot of these characters are currently involved with canon plot details that don't make sense to be here so likely the movie is ignoring them. A major factor being that Reverie is still going on so a lot of these characters are tied up with that. There's a possibility that their role in the movie is being mentioned that Reverie is still going on, I suppose but in that case it's weird that characters like Vivi aren't being mentioned.

Edited by Nintendocat, 13 April 2019 - 06:59 PM.

#53 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

Something more about Ann. Her ability on the stage show is that she can make illusions so there's a chance that some of the people involved are appearing because of that. I've heard at least one theory saying that might be what's going on with Pre-skip Blackbeard since his eyes doj't seem normal. It wouldn't be the case with the Supernovas, though, since they're all wearing unique outfits much like the Strawhats.

Ann wikia: --->https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Ann

#54 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

That explains how Roger might be in this haha

#55 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

Something more about Ann. Her ability on the stage show is that she can make illusions so there's a chance that some of the people involved are appearing because of that. I've heard at least one theory saying that might be what's going on with Pre-skip Blackbeard since his eyes doj't seem normal. It wouldn't be the case with the Supernovas, though, since they're all wearing unique outfits much like the Strawhats.

Ann wikia: --->https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Ann

An ability to make illusions?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!

This is what I hate about movies.... that is an emperor or at least commander level ability and it is now wasted on a 2 hour movie.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#56 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:14 AM

An ability to make illusions?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!

This is what I hate about movies.... that is an emperor or at least commander level ability and it is now wasted on a 2 hour movie.

Well she was designed for the stage show at Tokyo Tower to basically give them the ability to have any character they want appear. :shrug: She was actually designed by Oda though.

I know what you mean about being disappointed though. I kind of wish she would appear in the actual series because the plot of the stage show is that she's kidnapped by Buggy and, um, Puggy :<_<:, and forced to use her to create illusions of people the Strawhats knew to fight and capture them. That'd be a great plot for the actual series, albeit a little cliche.

Edited by Nintendocat, 19 April 2019 - 12:16 AM.

• Raiden likes this

#57 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:15 AM

I doubt the ability is gone with that, and even if it is, Oda can always just make a slightly different ability (like Kilo to Ton). Or a strictly stronger one (like Blades to Weapons). Or, ultimately, just the exact same thing again (like Heat to Heat).

#58 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

That's true, wasn't Ain's fruit super close to Bonney's. Like I don't know if Bonney's can affect objects or not and Ain's didn't seem to age forward but they both were similar.

#59 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, though Bonney was introduced first, so the Movie team knew what they were working around in that regard.

(I think Bonney never affected objects, that's why the Marines she made into kids still had their adult clothes. Although it's gonna be interesting once she uses her powers on Kuma, which I'm fairly sure she'll try at some point)

#60 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, though Bonney was introduced first, so the Movie team knew what they were working around in that regard.

(I think Bonney never affected objects, that's why the Marines she made into kids still had their adult clothes. Although it's gonna be interesting once she uses her powers on Kuma, which I'm fairly sure she'll try at some point)

Good question at first. Although I doubt she will user her powers on kuma.
BUT if she dies!?-- Unless she tries to turn him into a child he should be fine. His body will be the same size so his cyborg parts wont fall out.
And surely bonney's powers reverse age but not damage(kuma's cyborg surgery). could you imagine how OP bonney's powers would be if that is how they worked?
"Oh no ace got a hole punched through him by akainu, quickly bonney! Revert ace to an age where he didnt have a hole in his chest"

So realistically, nothing should happen to kuma. Unless bonney reverts kuma to an age where his body is very small. Then the cyborg implants might fall out, or just look really stupid in him (like franky's look now) but regardless of what bonney does kuma will never get his mind back. Not from her powers.

I doubt the ability is gone with that, and even if it is, Oda can always just make a slightly different ability (like Kilo to Ton). Or a strictly stronger one (like Blades to Weapons). Or, ultimately, just the exact same thing again (like Heat to Heat).

Ya I guess. But with nami already having kinda illusion abilities and now a movie illusion ability I think we are getting into overload territory even oda wont touch.

Idk maybe an aizen themed df wanst ever in the cards for OP.

Edited by captain kidd, 19 April 2019 - 12:35 PM.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users