#61 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

Good question at first. Although I doubt she will user her powers on kuma.
BUT if she dies!?-- Unless she tries to turn him into a child he should be fine. His body will be the same size so his cyborg parts wont fall out.
And surely bonney's powers reverse age but not damage(kuma's cyborg surgery). could you imagine how OP bonney's powers would be if that is how they worked?
"Oh no ace got a hole punched through him by akainu, quickly bonney! Revert ace to an age where he didnt have a hole in his chest"

So realistically, nothing should happen to kuma. Unless bonney reverts kuma to an age where his body is very small. Then the cyborg implants might fall out, or just look really stupid in him (like franky's look now) but regardless of what bonney does kuma will never get his mind back. Not from her powers.

She's personally connected to Kuma, and she hates the current mindless slave-state he's in. Using her abilities to fix that seems like a good call imo.

We don't actually know that second thing, and it's an interesting question. Would his chest just explode because his organs don't fit with the machinery? Who knows!

And you're right, it would be OP for sure if the potential was fully used, but then again, so is a lot of stuff and we won't know until we see more from her.

• captain kidd likes this

#62 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:29 AM

Ya we will have to see. Because if that is how her powers work, I would really like shanks to call her up. Something about 1 armed shanks is really lame. Would be nice to have two arms again.

You know. Between bonney's fruit that ages people. The movie fruit that ages items, and momo's mother's fruit that moves forward in time.
We may never see a time fruit in OP but we defintally saw oda cut the time fruit into pieces and give an individual power to a few different people. Which is honestly a shame. A time fruit would be admiral level while all these individual powers are kinda garbage, bonney has a 1hit kill move but nothing else(ya ya... for now, I get it) the movie character's powers obviously sucked, and the moving forward in time fruit has combat use but it is only a level 3, it still forces the user to have their own combat powers, or a gun.
But put all 3 together and you have a powerful time fruit. The ability to age all things people/objects and the ability to jump around in time.

Hey if we really want we could throw in foxxy's nuro fruit to make the perfect time fruit......but the nuro fruit is honestly admiral level as is.... so that would be kinda over kill.

Edited by captain kidd, 20 April 2019 - 06:32 AM.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#63 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

Going by the name, the time-fruit is Toki's (Momo's mother's), since that's the one just called Time-Time in English. Which is fine imo since time-travel is the biggest ability among these (even if it's only forward, but at least that precludes a lot of possible plot-holes).

#64 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

Going by the name, the time-fruit is Toki's (Momo's mother's), since that's the one just called Time-Time in English. Which is fine imo since time-travel is the biggest ability among these (even if it's only forward, but at least that precludes a lot of possible plot-holes).

Ya I know that. I was just doing a little thought experiment.
Because when you think about a time fruit it seems way too op for OP. But there are several fruit that are kinda garbage in their own right but when combined would make a working time fruit.

Or oda could of done my old idea, make the time fruit but make it extremely limited. Reverse time only 10 seconds and only in a limited area. Fast forward time but it is only slightly better then super speed. Pause time but only in a small area, and like a skill shot in a video game, there is a chance to dodge the move. It would be OP possibly admiral level, but still limited to the point we couldn't really call it a time fruit.

Or oda can do what he did here, throw it away.

banner.png

#65 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:30 PM

Here are some of the designs of non-strawhats in the movie. Since they have unique designs, however, it's worth noting that quite a few of them have recolors of their original outfits. It does show that they're less likely to be flashback only though.

v3lRU8Vu_o.png

Edit: Just realized that Smoker's outfit looks like Shanks.

Edited by Nintendocat, 24 April 2019 - 11:18 PM.

• Hurley Pirates likes this

#66 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:47 AM

New Stampede poster

tumblr_psimn61GcJ1rzp45wo1_1280.jpg
  • Chillman likes this

#67 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

I am genuinely excited. The animation looks mental and I hope they push the runtime to over two hours so everyone gets to shine (Film Gold was 120 minutes).

#68 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Another trailer and I still don't see what Mihawk's and Perona's role is going to be. Maybe they're going to be surprise characters but in that case they probably shouldn't have revealed that they were going to be in it? There's still the possibility that they're going to be in a flashback or cameo but at this point that seems kinda lame considering everyone else seems to actually be there in person.

#69 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

Another trailer and I still don't see what Mihawk's and Perona's role is going to be. Maybe they're going to be surprise characters but in that case they probably shouldn't have revealed that they were going to be in it? There's still the possibility that they're going to be in a flashback or cameo but at this point that seems kinda lame considering everyone else seems to actually be there in person.

Mihawk is in the Movie?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#70 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:02 AM

Mihawk is in the Movie?

If he won't appear movie in person / flashback scene, there's at least small cameo: Mihawk's bounty is there, but it wont shows what's his bounty (Same goes for some other characters and some names are also gone with bounty, only showing what that guy looks like). I really hope when movie comes out, those are revealed!

#71 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

Mihawk is in the Movie?

Yeah they had a list of all the characters appearing and both Mihawk and Perona are in it. Mihawk kinda makes sense given some of the characters in it but Perona is a little more odd. I'd guess that they're ignoring that she left the castle since that probably wasn't out when the movie was in production.

#72 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

New trailer and info for the movie. Douglass Bullet's bounty is 400,000,000 and someone said that his DF is called the 'Clank Clank' fruit and that it "allows him to assemble any material and morph it into something he wants like in this case a giant mech". Still nothing in the promotional art featuring Mihawk but he's definitely in the movie. I wonder if they're going to play it off as a plot twist thing, like he comes in at the end, but they're not being too secretive about it if that's the case.

I could post the new trailer but I didn't see anything too new in it. It showed Foxy's crew and Wapol's crew including the brother from the Chopper Special though.

Edited by Nintendocat, 06 August 2019 - 01:09 PM.

#73 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

New trailer and info for the movie. Douglass Bullet's bounty is 400,000,000 and someone said that his DF is called the 'Clank Clank' fruit and that it "allows him to assemble any material and morph it into something he wants like in this case a giant mech". Still nothing in the promotional art featuring Mihawk but he's definitely in the movie. I wonder if they're going to play it off as a plot twist thing, like he comes in at the end, but they're not being too secretive about it if that's the case.

I could post the new trailer but I didn't see anything too new in it. It showed Foxy's crew and Wapol's crew including the brother from the Chopper Special though.

Wait what?! So bullet's df is pica's fruit only for everything?

I am not liking these new fruit that are a straight up upgrade to old fruit. It was kinda cool in OP how there was never a clear loser to the df lottery. Ya there were clear winners, and there were fruit that had little to no combat power what so ever, but there werent any fruit that you could get and it would be a weaker version of another fruit.
Ace "cool a df I am going to eat it!"
*trembols
Crew member "oh.....you got the tremble fruit.... It is like the quake fruit only instead of a massive earth quake you can produce much smaller trembles."

You get it? Because every other fruit you could at least (foolishly) argue that they could be top tier in the right hands. There is maybe.... an arguement that the clone fruit could be really powerful if used right. However if you get the kilo fruit, which is in every way a weaker version of the ton fruit, there is no way on earth to ever argue that fruit should be top tier, because there will always be an exact copy of that fruit only better.

Rant over. This fruit seems extremely over powered.
In fact this df seems so powerful it is actually kinda bullshit that BM was using a weaker shadow fruit and this fruit was reserved for a movie villian.....

Bullet "hey, nice to meet you, what is your power?"
BM "hi, so you know the shadow fruit? I can do mostly what that fruit can do but my zombies don't retain the strength of their makers, they are free to disobey me, and I can not add them to myself in an insane last ditch effort to stall for time"
Bullet "oh.... well at least you have your own doppler man right?"
BM "no.... actually I have this hat with a sword in it, which is also free to disobey me.... but at least I dont have to carry around a sword right? Oh and i have this sun that can light my sword on fire!!!"
Bullet "you know you can just learn swordsmanship that allows you to use a flaming sword....."
BM "shut up. What are your powers"
Bullet "I can control everything around me and shape it what ever way I want. You know. Basically the powers of God"
BM "........."
Director "places everyone we shoot in 5!! Hey! Which one of you is the 1 off movie villian how gets ~30 minuets of screen time and is never seen again and which one of you is the super hyped emperor who will be a major part of OP for the foreseeable future?"
BM "......he.... he is the emperor..... where do I stand for the movie?

Ok but for real I should be careful with this. This power can be really good or it can be really....really bad. See production fruit are awesome because they allow the user to produce something endlessly, AND they give that "something" weird properties to make it viable in a fight. Candle and crackers are as hard as steel. Cream burns, "sticky" explodes. So bullet will have the ability to use only stuff near him and it will be as weak as it normally would be. And unlike production fruit he can not make unlimited stuff, on a ship he is screwed.

However even if he can only control the area around him. That in itself is still a very powerful ability.

Oh you know what would be really cool. Give him a necklace made of some unbreakable meteor that is so tough and solid it couldn't be smelled into a weapon because it resisted all the heat. So essientslly his powers alone are the only way to manipulate the material......so essientslly he would have any unbreakable weapon he wants. Even shields and barriers. That would be sick.

Wow these past few movies Oda or who ever has really stepped up their game. The levitation fruit the gold fruit and now this fruit. I remember back in the day when the movie villian was just some scrub with a bow and arrow...

This might actually be a cool movie

banner.png

#74 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

Bullet's bounty is only 400m? Kinda low for him... That bounty is from Roger times?

#75 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:51 AM

Actually, I found a better screenshot of his bounty poster and some people are saying it's higher. https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=large

Also, here's a relationship chart for all the characters involved in the movie. 55e50cd16c7a195dc3e8798ecbaf351019362cbe

Edited by Nintendocat, 07 August 2019 - 10:55 AM.

#76 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:47 PM

Without spoiling anything, Stampede is being compared to the Dragonball Super Broli movie concentrating more on combat than plot/human interactions/drama.

What are we going to do about spoilers? I can post some of the stuff I've found under a spoiler tag if people are interested or maybe we should make a separate thread for spoilers so people can discuss without spoiler tags?

Edited by Nintendocat, 08 August 2019 - 09:08 PM.

#77 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:54 PM

Without spoiling anything, Stampede is being compared to the Dragonball Super Broli movie concentrating more on combat than plot/human interactions/drama.

What are we going to do about spoilers? I can post some of the stuff I've found under a spoiler tag if people are interested or maybe we should make a separate thread for spoilers so people can discuss without spoiler tags?

So I should watch it. Ok fine. You sold me.

Edited by captain kidd, 08 August 2019 - 10:55 PM.

banner.png

#78 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:52 AM

Post them please!

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#79 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:00 AM

I'm going to post two different levels of spoilers, minor and major, just because some are implied by the trailers or wouldn't effect the plot by knowing.
If you want to discuss the spoilers under the major cut, please use the spoiler tag function. It's found under the 3rd button in the full text box or by typing [ spoiler ] text goes here [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.
If you think something in the minor tag needs to go into the major tag, please tell me and I'll move it.
Also, I have not seen the movie yet so anything that sounds like an opinion is that of the original writer and not myself. These come from well known people in the fandom like Sandman though so don't worry about too much bias or false info.

Spoiler Minor Spoilers

Spoiler Major Spoilers:Please use Spoiler tags to discuss

I'll add more later if I find anything more.

Edit: 

Spoiler Bullet Backstory

Spoiler Supernova Ship Designs

Opening Day had 590027 Seats.

I've added more info since this morning.

Edited by Nintendocat, 09 August 2019 - 03:49 PM.

• Oben, Ajh77 and Enbima like this

#80 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

Sorry to double post but I can only do a certain amount of images per post and the ship designs took up most of them on the previous post. I've added a few other comments to the previous post so it might be worth looking over it again if you saw it earlier.

Spoiler Spoilers Obviously: Low Quality Screenshots

Edited by Nintendocat, 09 August 2019 - 04:12 PM.

• Enbima likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users