Bleach: Chapter 686 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
872 replies to this topic

#861 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

All of Narita's stuff is brand new, right? There's no Kubo-original-version to adapt from.

Not sure about that part. But, the novel-adaptation isn't going to lead Narita to do anime works.

#862 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Sadness all over the place. I still want to read Bleach :cry:

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#863 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

I don't even know what his bankai was supposed to be. It just seemed the power overwhelmed him and he became dumber than usual. Aside from extra strength and extra cut, no one knows what exactly his bankai is.

Does it need to be anything more? Thats exactly what his shikai is, just a power boost.

• Chillman likes this

#864 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

More than a year since the last post  :(  I remember the days when we would argue, have conversations and post about a chapter until the day a new chapter would come out.
Sometimes we would even continue the conversation in previous chapter forums! That's how much onvested we were.
Always a post about Aizen's return, Ichigo's incompetence and how we never saw him enough in his own manga. All the disappointing but also the great new bankai-s. 

l also see fewer people posting even in the One Piece forums. Either we grew up or the times have changed, l don't know, maybe both. 

I guess the Big 3 had their time in the sun.  Arguably, after Bleach's and Naruto's end, the community and the posts reduced a lot overall.
There's definitely other noteworthy manga out there, maybe even better, it's just that the days when we were all anticipating the release of the big 3 were just great.
I've never felt that anticipation again, even for manga l enjoy now. Even when we were disappointed in the big 3 there was this impatience for what's next.

Maybe it has to do with finality. For me Bleach had a disappointing end and to this day i'm sure thisisn't what Kubo had in mind.

He did try to give us closure thus the timeskip but Bleach is one of the few occasions where an open ending would be better. 
It surely left much to be desired. I just feel that Ichigo didn't achieve what he wanted.

Naruto got to be Hokage and maintain peace within the ninja villages. (l don't read Boruto though so l don't know what's happening now).
I believe the characters and their interactions made Bleach what it was. And some of the greatest battles in manga and anime history (especially form SS arc and HM arc).

I remember long posts about character analysis' from Milareppa, Fulmine's Gin profile pic

and some of us arguing that Starrk would force Kyoraku into Bankai had he fought him alone.
Memories of the days where we would speculate about the Royal Guard and the Soul King.

The crazy theory about Unohana that came true (was it Skyguy who predicted it?).
Ah, so many good theories about Zaraki's shikai and Yachiru, the reveal of Ichigo's quincy heritage form his mother.

I realise now that Kubo did deliver some great flashbacks and character arcs.
Great memories  :(

• Godpachi, virgoanespada_6 and masterbio like this
Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#865 virgoanespada_6

virgoanespada_6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:22 PM

More than a year since the last post  :(  I remember the days when we would argue, have conversations and post about a chapter until the day a new chapter would come out.
Sometimes we would even continue the conversation in previous chapter forums! That's how much onvested we were.
Always a post about Aizen's return, Ichigo's incompetence and how we never saw him enough in his own manga. All the disappointing but also the great new bankai-s. 

l also see fewer people posting even in the One Piece forums. Either we grew up or the times have changed, l don't know, maybe both. 

I guess the Big 3 had their time in the sun.  Arguably, after Bleach's and Naruto's end, the community and the posts reduced a lot overall.
There's definitely other noteworthy manga out there, maybe even better, it's just that the days when we were all anticipating the release of the big 3 were just great.
I've never felt that anticipation again, even for manga l enjoy now. Even when we were disappointed in the big 3 there was this impatience for what's next.

Maybe it has to do with finality. For me Bleach had a disappointing end and to this day i'm sure thisisn't what Kubo had in mind.

He did try to give us closure thus the timeskip but Bleach is one of the few occasions where an open ending would be better. 
It surely left much to be desired. I just feel that Ichigo didn't achieve what he wanted.

Naruto got to be Hokage and maintain peace within the ninja villages. (l don't read Boruto though so l don't know what's happening now).
I believe the characters and their interactions made Bleach what it was. And some of the greatest battles in manga and anime history (especially form SS arc and HM arc).

I remember long posts about character analysis' from Milareppa, Fulmine's Gin profile pic

and some of us arguing that Starrk would force Kyoraku into Bankai had he fought him alone.
Memories of the days where we would speculate about the Royal Guard and the Soul King.

The crazy theory about Unohana that came true (was it Skyguy who predicted it?).
Ah, so many good theories about Zaraki's shikai and Yachiru, the reveal of Ichigo's quincy heritage form his mother.

Miss the days coming in here. Randomly stumbled back in tonight. Great memories. 

#866 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

no I don't remember her predicting anything about Unohana.

Her theory was Ukitake was evil

She also predicted a few other things as well. 

• Blackody likes this

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#867 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

no I don't remember her predicting anything about Unohana.

Her theory was Ukitake was evil

She also predicted a few other things as well. 

You're right, l can't remember clearly but l really think someone always assumed that Unohana was hiding something with her combed hair.
(Of course Kubo did give comedic hints about her being a powerhouse through Shunsui and Ukitake's comments and afterwards when she healed Ichigo's wounds and reiatsu). 

Skyguy's theory proved semi-true since Ukitake was responsible for Ginjou's state and he also gave the shinigami badge to Ichigo for monitoring purposes.
It seemed like a reward at the time Ichigo received it, but he was not perceived as an ally of the Soul Society up until he defeated Aizen (imo at least).
He was a clearly viewed as a potential threat and who's better than the calm minded and friendly Ukitake to give him the badge without raising suspicion? (Rukia also trusted him).
Let's not forget that aside form Rukia and Renji (maybe Zaraki and Ikkaku), he was not an official ally.

The fullbringer arc may had had difficult to follow pacing, but it gave us a good idea about how the Soul Society is a moral grey organization and certainly not the good guys of the story.
It is a pretty underrated arc and it's a shame that it poorly received. Basic Fullbringer abilities would have great combat potential.
Kubo was clearly forced to bury the arc (the characters and consequences) in order to bring the popular shinigami to the spotlight once again. 
Shounen jump hindered the quality of the story Kubo wanted to tell and thus we never learned what exactly happened with the Shiba clan. 
Nor did we learn about the machinations of the SSthat lead to Ginjou's hatred for that institution. 
Bleach suffered a lot from its abrupt ending. I really can't blame Kubo since he initially intended to keep the Arrancar arc shorter but the editors insisted on him dragging it. 
I really do appreciate the story now that l revisit it.

• JDG973 and KUROkami like this
Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#868 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

I think that might've been Milareppa.

Skyguy, made the whole thing about Ukitake being evil an in "cahoots," with Aizen. Something he/she made not long after OnliBlackGuy, made his own theory thread about Urahara and Aizen being in cahoots. Both using the "Cahoots," in the title. Something I also believe rubbed Onli the wrong way an may have started a little spout. lol 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#869 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:48 AM

I think that might've been Milareppa.

Skyguy, made the whole thing about Ukitake being evil an in "cahoots," with Aizen. Something he/she made not long after OnliBlackGuy, made his own theory thread about Urahara and Aizen being in cahoots. Both using the "Cahoots," in the title. Something I also believe rubbed Onli the wrong way an may have started a little spout. lol 

both, had a theory 

Skyguys was just well you know how she was.

Mila's was based on that scene when Ichigo first showed Ishida the badge Ukitake gave him.'

And I miss Onliblackguy :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#870 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

And I miss Onliblackguy :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I miss KasraKhan

Anw read the novel. Things are interesting

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#871 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

Great, and now I'm nostalgic and sad.

I completely agree with this post. Especially in Bleach's thread, since this was my fav of the big3, no matter how bad it got.

And yes, I remember 10 years ago when Bleach, Naruto and OP would come out of Friday on OneManga and I it always got me super anxious!! (10 YEARS?!!?! damn...)

Bleach never had the ending nor the progression it deserved after HM. I don't know what happened to Kubo during that arc but it changed the manga in a way it never managed to come back to its best. Still, I do remember reading chapter 402 (Deicide 4 - let's be honest, how long did it took us to notice that it was DEIcide and not DEcide??), and being super hyped but that Urahara x Aizen battle. One of my favourite moments as a manga reader and one that I will always treasure!

It's kinda sad now, true. Even though I expect new mangas, that thrill is gone :s

BTW whatever happened to SkyGuy?

• Blackody likes this

#872 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

Arrgghhh l just deleted a pretty big post (not on purpose), i'm angry at myself. I'll try to write it again.

I agree with you Masterbio, that thirll is gone. Let's hope SKyguy is somewhere making new crazy theories :P.

Anwyay, after re-reading the last chapter, l concluded that it wasn't that disappointing, after all Jubo only had 20 pages to end his manga.
It surely left a lot to be desired (we didn't get any info about some pretty important characters).

That though made me realise that a continuation of Bleach with Ichigo's son and Rukia's daughter would actually be great.
Of course the story would have to start from a small scale since despite their great heritage these two shouldn't start as powerful as kid Zaraki for example.
In my opinion there  are two reasons Bleach should actually get a "sequel".

1) There's many mysteries about present and mainly the past that we haven't uncovered.

We need to know about the first Gotei 13, the formation of the Soul Society and the role of the Spirit King, Matsumoto's importance that was implied by Kubo,
the Shiba clan's fall form grace, the other 4 Noble Families and their origin, the current state of Hueco Mundo and what Isshin Urahara and Yoruichi do now.
We don't even what's the deal with Tsukishima, Ginjou and the rest of the Fullbringers and even Vizards in the human world.
Having two young protagonists, one in the Soul Society (Rukia's daughter) and the other one (Ichigo's son) in the human world would be like

discovering the whole world from their eyes. That would require them to not be overpowered though. l also think new villains shouldn't emerge. 
(l'll epxlain myself in point 2).

2) The Soul Society and the rest of the realms aren't ideal.
As we know from the pre-shinigami lives of many characters (notably Hitsugaya's, Renji's and Matsumoto's) there's death, famine and great inequality in the Soul Society.
In Hueco Mundo, the weak hollows are consumed in order for the strongest Hollows to reach the state of Vasto Lorde. And after that there's also infighting.
In the human world, hollows consume lost souls and we can say there's many problems in the human realm already.

I think Aizen had the right idea about wanting to change the status quo, but his xcution  was cruel and ineffective.
Juhabach's also wanted to change things but his vision was nihilistic and would turn the concepts of life and death obsolete. Thus a false paradise.
Urahara also seemed to want to change the current state of affairs but he was defeated in way by the Gotei and had to leave in exile.
(The Gotei 13 and the council of 46 clearly viewed him and the Vizards as enemies). Even Isshin saw the wrong ways fo the Gotei but he also retire for his own reasons.
If Aizen was rational and more sympathetic, he would reach Urahara and Isshin and perhaps find a way to change things drastically but not in a cruel way.
It's a shame that he didn't become an inspirational figure for shinigami who didn't like the way the SS works. He instead chose to manipulate his allies and viewed them as pawns.
Urahara had admitted that currents state of the realms wasn't good but the Soul King was necessary.
It's also important to note that senior captains like Ukitake and Shunsui were not happy with the the way Soul Society dealt with situations, 
they even rebeled and came to oppose their mentor Yamamoto way back in the Soul Society arc.
This tells us there were actually many important characters that realised the fault in the structure of the world.  

Ichigo also started as a rebel who wanted to protect everyone. From the very start he cared for every soul, he even came to unsterstand the behavior of Hollows.
Even when he killed Ginjou, it wasn't an act of hate. He actually tried to understand even him who had stolen his powers. 
Ichigo may have prevented the worst outcome by defeating Juhabach, but he didn't manage to change the current state of affairs.

Had he become the Soul King, could he have made an impact and prevent this misery in all the realms?
I think yes, however he chose to retire and live a peaceful life in the Human realm (and we can't blame him after all these hardships).
Who can realise his dream though? I think the new generation could reignite that spark in Ichigo and pull this through with all the help from him and some characters of the old generation.
And that for me would be an interesting premise and a great way to conclude the series. I really believe it's what Kubo had in his mind for the finale.
In an odd way, Ichigo's stance in the manga mirrors Kubo's stance with his manga. It's about a person who retired in the end.

Edited by Blackody, 09 October 2018 - 04:23 AM.

• Fenrix and KUROkami like this
Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#873 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:37 PM

TW whatever happened to SkyGuy?

Last i heard she was dedicating time to learn how to program.

But that was like 4 years ago.

Can't imagine she'd want to come back to this ghost town tbh.

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users