Photo

Red Sprite (New WSJ Series)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#61 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

This video explains it better 

It is just one person's opinion, so I don't get what you try to explain there.

When you look at all of the axed series (like Roggy, UBS, Lady Justice, Devilyman, Best Blue, Buddy Strike, Takuan to Batsu, Love Rush, and many millions of axed Jump series), all of them never ranked high, just like Red Sprite. Heck, they never even able to get our from bottom 5 (just like Red Sprite).

As for Red Sprite, it never got popular and it is pretty much competing for the last place. Thus, I don't see any good future for this series at this point.

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 11 November 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#62 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

It is just one person's opinion, so I don't get what you try to explain there.

When you look at all of the axed series (like Roggy, UBS, Lady Justice, Devilyman, Best Blue, Buddy Strike, Takuan to Batsu, Love Rush, and many millions of axed Jump series), all of them never ranked high, just like Red Sprite. Heck, they never even able to get our from bottom 5 (just like Red Sprite).

As for Red Sprite, it never got popular and it is pretty much competing for the last place. Thus, I don't see any good future for this series at this point.

That's just speculation on your part as well lol, but as he shown with WSM as an example as well as the comments made by the creator of World Trigger, clearly the ToC in these magazines don't represent a ranking whatsoever

Edited by Tokoya, 11 November 2016 - 05:54 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#63 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

That's just speculation on your part as well lol, but as he shown with WSM as an example as well as the comments made by the creator of World Trigger, clearly the ToC in these magazines don't represent a ranking whatsoever

First of all, WSM has completely different system as compared to Jump and Sunday. That's why WSM isn't really a good example for this argument.

Second, WT isn't rank because Ashihara (author of WT) was keep taking absents due to the illness. That's why WT was placed lower than usual (and Shounen Jump official said that through their twitter).

Third, I already looked Jump's ToC from 1999 to today. And as far what I have seen, Jump is clearly following the ranking and many authors who left Jump even complained about Jump's ranking based system.

Furthermore, there are like hundreds of Jump series out there (hey I can name lots of if you want) got axed due to poorly ranking (just like Red Sprite). And are you going to say that it is just coincidence?

So, there are lots of enough materials which support that Jump's ToC is based on the ranking (and many Jump readers already know about that). And Red Sprite clearly isn't in any good situation right now.

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 11 November 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#64 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

And Red Sprite clearly isn't in any good situation right now.

Which is a real shame. 

Given the success of Boku no Hero Academia, I suppose the new main characters must be calm, intelligent and determined. Tatsu here is a bit too eccentric to be liked, and even though he's not nearly as idiotic as Luffy, he doesn't appear collected enough. 

And yet, the setting is so much better without those oh so common tournaments. 

But as you said, if Japanese people don't like it, it goes too low in Jump, and just like Psyren, it won't unleash its full potential. 

#65 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

It looks like World Trigger sacrificed itself to let Red Sprite to have extra life.

#66 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

It looks like World Trigger sacrificed itself to let Red Sprite to have extra life.

World Trigger is naturally ending?

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#67 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:29 AM

World Trigger is naturally ending?

Nah it's just joining HxH on indefinite hiatus. No one knows when it will be back.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#68 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:32 AM

Nah it's just joining HxH on indefinite hiatus. No one knows when it will be back.

The hiatus curse strikes again

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#69 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/13/page/1

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#70 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:06 PM

Didn't know what to say when I saw yesterday due due to confusion on that ash thing
Going to wait for official yo understand

#71 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:07 AM

A bit too fast paced for my tastes on this one, but there was a good balance between explanations and the fight itself. 

Altogether, it seemed quite interesting. 

People living on as ashes in nicely ironical. I like the concept.

#72 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

Seems as if Red Sprite might have been confirmed to end this issue or the next one on 2ch?

Alright. Heiji confirmed on MH it is ending in this week's issue surprisingly. 

RIP Red Sprite. I really hope hope third time's the charm for Yagi Tomohiro as he has some really great ideas, but this manga just didn't really hit it off in terms of pacing and characterization. Tatsu should have been given more natural development and characterization. The setting and atmosphere was great and I think it will be a long time until we see an emphasis on airships again in Shounen Jump which saddens me. :(

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#73 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

This is why I hate the Japanese/WSJ

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#74 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

RIP Red Sprite. I really hope hope third time's the charm for Yagi Tomohiro as he has some really great ideas, but this manga just didn't really hit it off in terms of pacing and characterization. Tatsu should have been given more natural development and characterization. The setting and atmosphere was great and I think it will be a long time until we see an emphasis on airships again in Shounen Jump which saddens me.

:cry:  Such a shame. 
I can agree about Tatsu, but it was nice how secondary characters could have more development actually. 

Anyway... 

#75 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

Final chapter left me wanting more :(

https://jaiminisbox....rite_2/en/0/14/

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#76 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

Same here... 

#77 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:51 AM

I jus read this manga and I really liked it! I really don't understand why it wasn't popular. Im so sad it ended. It had so much more story to go. If the paced had slowed down jus a lil. It wouldve been a perfect manga