DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

Thoughts on how this went?

I was impressed.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#62 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:26 AM

By what, Trumps growing stupidity or Hillary coming off like she has a personality?

Because the last two nights have done nothing to help Trump, while ever so slightly helping Hillary.

#63 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:02 AM

Because the last two nights have done nothing to help Trump, while ever so slightly helping Hillary.

His time at the debates haven't gone well for him. He showed some strength at points, but always fell apart easily, and acted like ... well .... whatever you'd want to call that. An most agree that he hasn't really done much to grow his base much, rather only going so far as to please his own core base. Which has been noted to being something that alone won't be enough to get him elected.

Though most say Hillary hasn't really accomplished much to grow her base as well either. It's possible that Trumps recent meltdown has pushed voters towards her regardless of how she's presenting herself, which would be good for her. Course she also has her surrogates that are apparently doing a good job at rallying people in her stead. 

However there's also a good chance with how bad this election cycle has been, that people will go either fuck it and not vote or third party (which might not be so great a choice, but whatever).

Either way it's going to be interesting to see how this travesty plays out come the 8th of November. 

Regarding last night though. Neither of them were that great IMO. Trump being worse, since I didn't find anything he said funny, nor did it sound like it was trying to be funny. Where as I at least found some of Hillary's jokes funny. But regardless, comedy not being their strong point. 

The real winner was the woman in the red dress, sitting behind them while they were talking.  :charm:  :perv:

Edited by Narubi, 21 October 2016 - 04:24 AM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#64 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

Thoughts on how this went?

I was impressed.

The real winner was the woman in the red dress, sitting behind them while they were talking. :charm: :perv:

Maria Bartiromo is her name. She used to be on CNBC but now is on Fox News. Though the cameraman gave us no choice but to notice her outfit, since it's literally all he showed for the first 3 minutes.

I only watched part of the Trump's standup, but I didn't think it was all that bad. He got a few zingers in there. The 'Pardon Me' joke (at least the first half of it) was funny.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 21 October 2016 - 09:40 AM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#65 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

IMO these debates won't do any significant change really, the voters who support either one of the candidates won't change their mind now just because of these debates in which the candidates spend a considirable time accusing each other of sex scandals, I didn't follow the news regarding the elections so my judgment might not be accurate but from the few videos that I watched , apparently the undecided voters will vote for niether of the candidates because they think that "Clinton is a crook & Trump is a clown".

1Hh3Zj5.png

#66 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

@Narubi The problem for Trump is, he needed to expand his base and make those republicans that didn't like or vote for him during the primaries do so for the general election. By failing to do that, it amounted to both a tactical and strategic loss for him and win for Hillary. Even though she didn't do all that good herself.

And the sex scandal and his handling of it have doomed him. And possibly cost republicans seats in both houses.

Edited by Trowa Barton, 22 October 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#67 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

doomed him. And possibly cost republicans seats in both houses.

I'll believe that on November 9. At this point, with all the shady crap we've seen people do with polls, polling, delegates, I don't believe you can listen to the news Fox, CNN, ABC, etc about how Trump's various events have affected his voter base. Or even if it gave Clinton a bump. Unlike myself, if you are voting or are registered to vote, then don't take anyone's word on the direction of the election. Don't rely on professional opinions, polls, or predictions. It's bollocks.

• JasonDM likes this

Spoiler

#68 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

I'll believe that on November 9. At this point, with all the shady crap we've seen people do with polls, polling, delegates, I don't believe you can listen to the news Fox, CNN, ABC, etc about how Trump's various events have affected his voter base. Or even if it gave Clinton a bump. Unlike myself, if you are voting or are registered to vote, then don't take anyone's word on the direction of the election. Don't rely on professional opinions, polls, or predictions. It's bollocks.

Your opinion would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that many of these polls are what the candidates use to determine thier positioning and how to proceed and many of them have a history of being very accurate. And considering the the idea that voter fraud on the kind of level required to close the hypothetical gap Trump has would be impossibly monumental, I think you can indeed rely on the polls.

At least in terms of being confident that Trump has a large (if not insurmountable) hill to climb.

I do agree with you about the so called professionals. Thier opinions and interpretations of poll numbers are clouded by thier objectives. That makes them, by nature, lacking objectivity.

Edited by RamenRenegade, 21 October 2016 - 01:31 PM.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #69 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

Your opinion would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that many of these polls are what the candidates use to determine thier positioning and how to proceed and many of them have a history of being very accurate.

Yes, a history. In the past. We saw what happened with Gore v Bush due to polling. I guess we'll see how accurate the polls are on the 9th.

Spoiler

#70 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,125 posts
    • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

Maria Bartiromo is her name. She used to be on CNBC but now is on Fox News. Though the cameraman gave us no choice but to notice her outfit, since it's literally all he showed for the first 3 minutes.

Thanks. 

Sure the outfit and camera angle, was at most what people had to watch and are making talk about (myself as well a little). But she's a very beautiful and well mature woman, in my opinion. An I thought she was absolutely stunning, and overall (not just the boobs) worth seeing more than  .... well Hillary and Trump fighting over a bone for the 4th time on a stage together.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
    I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
    Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
    You can always hear me singing this song
    Show me the way to go home.

#71 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,863 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

http://www.huffingto...4b0b994d4c16e3b

does clinton understand that her base is the left. They do not like CEO's.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#72 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:09 PM

http://www.huffingto...4b0b994d4c16e3b

does clinton understand that her base is the left. They do not like CEO's.

Bernie Sanders would have been a great choice. I also would've liked Mike Bloomberg. He was a fantastic mayor for NYC.

•  

• #73 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 6,863 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

Bernie Sanders would have been a great choice. I also would've liked Mike Bloomberg. He was a fantastic mayor for NYC.

As long as bloomberg can't do his stop and frisk crap. He would be fine.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#74 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,615 posts
    • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:12 PM

Fair point. But we've never had an election like this before. So anything is fair game.

We've had crazier elections, unless you mean in terms of it being the epitome of "pick your poison." 

Bloomberg loses me with his hate of guns and XL soft drinks. 

Bloomberg-and-Sodas.jpeg

^^^^ F*CKIN FASCIST! 

Edited by Peleihno, 22 October 2016 - 06:15 PM.

• retroluffy13 likes this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
    lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#75 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:37 AM

Dude. Don't get me started on the second amendment! I've never understood the fixation with that. I do kind of agree with the soda. I get what he's trying to say about trying to eat healthier. But that was an odd line in the sand to choose.
    • waleuska likes this

•  

• #76 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,615 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

Dude. Don't get me started on the second amendment! I've never understood the fixation with that. I do kind of agree with the soda. I get what he's trying to say about trying to eat healthier. But that was an odd line in the sand to choose.

You can't understand the fixation with safeguarding our constitutional rights? Lol, okay. 

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
    lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#77 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

You can't understand the fixation with safeguarding our constitutional rights? Lol, okay. 

Isn't that right to safeguard against invasion and tyrannical governments?

We've had crazier elections, unless you mean in terms of it being the epitome of "pick your poison."

I don't remember any election as wild as this one (in my lifetime). So you'll have to remind me. And yes the "pick your poison" aspect of it is a significant part.

Spoiler

#78 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

That particular amendment is a throwback to when times were much more dangerous and the law was far less dependable. But defenders want to proclaim that America is the greatest country on earth yet at the same time so dangerous that everyone should have guns, carry openly like they have to hunt buffalo after work and oppose any common sense regulation that would keep guns out of the hands of the same boogie men you claim to need guns to protect yourself from. It's a walking intellectual contradiction.

I'll end it like this, we're the developed, top tier country with such laughable gun laws and as a result we lead the world by far in innocent gun deaths. Yet America is the greatest.

Edited by RamenRenegade, 23 October 2016 - 01:47 PM.

• waleuska, Trowa Barton and Blue22 like this

•  

• #79 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 16,284 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

Problem, which I have come around to agree with (at least partially), is that gun laws are not keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and in some cases the mentally disturbed. So that's more of an issue of the ATF and FBI getting gun trafficking under control than getting people to have less guns or less powerful guns.

• JasonDM likes this

Spoiler

#80 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,615 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Isn't that right to safeguard against invasion and tyrannical governments?

I don't remember any election as wild as this one (in my lifetime). So you'll have to remind me. And yes the "pick your poison" aspect of it is a significant part.

And hunt. 

And protect your property.

And protect your family.

And possibly even protect your neighborhood.

There are plenty of more practical reasons before the whole fight tyranny reason arises. All of which are still relevant.

We have had elections during and running up to the Civil War and WWII, we'll be fine.

That particular amendment is a throwback to when times were much more dangerous and the law was far less dependable. But defenders want to proclaim that America is the greatest country on earth yet at the same time so dangerous that everyone should have guns, carry openly like they have to hunt buffalo after work and oppose any common sense regulation that would keep guns out of the hands of the same boogie men you claim to need guns to protect yourself from. It's a walking intellectual contradiction.

I'll end it like this, we're the developed, top tier country with such laughable gun laws and as a result we lead the world by far in innocent gun deaths. Yet America is the greatest.

Open carry is an entirely different issue that is usually pushed by gun nuts. That's more about the scope of gun ownership and if it can tread into public spaces. Bloomberg just hates guns in general when they're not on cops or his ex-special ops bodyguards. If your issue is with OC, we are talking two different things. 

Gun-related death and violence has fallen considerably over the last two decades, don't buy the hype unless you live in the South Side of Chicago. 

Crime and violence in America will possibly always be abnormally high compared to the rest of the advanced world though for the foreseeable future, don't expect us to become Finland ever. I don't see how any of this impacts our greatness, the freedom to own guns is valiant. Free and open societies come with a basic level of risk attached in terms of citizen violence, the greater the freedom, then the relevant risks rise accordingly. But I agree that attacks by gun nuts on reasonable restrictions is lunacy and just as bad as the clueless, anti-gun nutjobs with no respect for the constitution. A balance must be struck, is that what you mean?

Edited by Peleihno, 23 October 2016 - 02:43 PM.

• Damanos and Phenomiracle like this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users