814 replies to this topic

#801 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

As far as the actual military impact of the cruise missile strike, it was actually very ineffective, according to the Russian MoD 36 out of 59 cruise missile malfunctioned and fell in reagions relatively far from the targeted airbase, some fell on a village 4km away from the airbase thus killing 9 civilians and injuring some more.
The 23 missiles that made it to the base killed 7 soldiers , destroyed 6-9 aircrafts that were under repairs plus some 5 air defence systems , a military restaurant & some arms depots,the remaining aircrafts were unharmed & the airstrip itself sustained zero damage and there are already reports of Syrian aircrafts taking & resuming combat operations from the "destroyed" airbase , there is a video from a pro government journalist of an aircraft taking off from the damaged airbase after the attack.
https://mobile.twitt...m/en/node/19495

some "moderate" rebels also reported the same thing.
Did CNN & Fox news report this? Hopefully not, because apparently Trump takes his intel from Fox news and thus if they show it Trump might get angry & bomb the base again to make sure that it's destroyed for good.

A video of the aftermath of the cruise missile strike:

https://youtu.be/Ow5Ux17YKdM

P15OTd8.jpg

#802 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:54 AM

As far as the actual military impact of the cruise missile strike, it was actually very ineffective, according to the Russian MoD 36 out of 59 cruise missile malfunctioned and fell in reagions relatively far from the targeted airbase, some fell on a village 4km away from the airbase thus killing 9 civilians and injuring some more.
The 23 missiles that made it to the base killed 7 soldiers , destroyed 6-9 aircrafts that were under repairs plus some 5 air defence systems , a military restaurant & some arms depots,the remaining aircrafts were unharmed & the airstrip itself sustained zero damage and there are already reports of Syrian aircrafts taking & resuming combat operations from the "destroyed" airbase , there is a video from a pro government journalist of an aircraft taking off from the damaged airbase after the attack.

Did CNN & Fox news report this? Hopefully not, because apparently Trump takes his intel from Fox news and thus if they show it Trump might get angry & bomb the base again to make sure that it's destroyed for good.

Ok, America could hit a Fly from space. HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY MISS A STATIONARY TARGET?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#803 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:24 AM

3 possibilities to explain the relatively poor accuracy of the cruise missile strike:
1- The 36 cruise missiles that "malfunctioned" didn't really malfunction but were intercepted by the Russians.
2- the US navy used old poorly maintained poorly manufactured batch of Tomahawks.
3- Trump himself ordered the US navy not to cause too much damage.
Personally I think #2 is the most likely cause, if the Russians did intercept the missiles then the nearby countries would have found out about it.
Also at this point Trump is about as "trustworthy" as Erdogan ,the dude flip-flops and keeps on changing his mind so I don't think he took it easy or anything like that.

P15OTd8.jpg

#804 Funktastic

Funktastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

Has this been confirmed by a third entity that isn't a syrian governemt controlled news station?

#805 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

Has this been confirmed by a third entity that isn't a syrian governemt controlled news station?

The vast majority of the information that I stated is from the report of the Russian MoD (ministry of defence) confirmed to a less extent by Syrian & Iranian news channels & to a much less extent by anti-government "activists" such as the "Syrian observatory for human rights" (that bit about Syrian aircrafts taking off from the targeted airbase after the attack).
http://www.reuters.c...t-idUSL8N1HF5PT

If by third entity you mean western news channels then I don't know..I followed them but not that much, though I'll take a guess & say that they didn't address the assessment of the Russian MoD, not even as rumors.

Edit: It's highly unlikely that what happened was a one-off event or else Trump will appear weak, the establishment will push him to do more & then they will use him as a scapegoat to blame all the consequences on him.

Edited by kenkage, 08 April 2017 - 07:20 AM.

P15OTd8.jpg

#806 Funktastic

Funktastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

The vast majority of the information that I stated is from the report of the Russian MoD (ministry of defence) confirmed to a less extent by Syrian & Iranian news channels & to a much less extent by anti-government "activists" such as the "Syrian observatory for human rights" (that bit about Syrian aircrafts taking off from the targeted airbase after the attack).
http://www.reuters.c...t-idUSL8N1HF5PT

If by third entity you mean western news channels then I don't know..I followed them but not that much, though I'll take a guess & say that they didn't address the assessment of the Russian MoD, not even as rumors.

Edit: It's highly unlikely that what happened was a one-off event or else Trump will appear weak, the establishment will push him to do more & then they will use him as a scapegoat to blame all the consequences on him.

Where can I read that report? I can't find it, not even on russian websites.

It doesn't have to be western media. I just have a hard time believing Syrian and Russian governmental sources considering their poor track record in honesty and integrity. I'd love for some actual footage or something besides said governmental officals to confirm their claims. Because honestly, I don't believe them. The lack of evidence is way too suspicious and is why more reliable news stations aren't reporting on the matter. Information is a tool in war, something the involved countries understand all too well. 

Edited by Funktastic, 08 April 2017 - 08:38 AM.

#807 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

Of course in these cases every side will try to keep as many secretes as possible thus you won't see any on the ground footage exposing the entire airbase, that would be like giving direct intel to the enemy telling them how should they attack the next time, so at the moment aside from the first Russian assessment there won't be anymore critical military information made public by either side, non the less I'm pretty sure all the military people on both sides are scrambling to know exactly what happened & what will they do next, the relative calm at the moment is the calm that comes before the storm.
Every one can believe in what ever they want in the end our talk here is of zero effect.
I guess CNN would rather show footage of Fallout 4.

In case if you are still looking for the Russian assessment:

http://tass.com/defense/940012

P15OTd8.jpg

#808 Funktastic

Funktastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

Of course in these cases every side will try to keep as many secretes as possible thus you won't see any on the ground footage exposing the entire airbase, that would be like giving direct intel to the enemy telling them how should they attack the next time, so at the moment aside from the first Russian assessment there won't be anymore critical military information made public by either side, non the less I'm pretty sure all the military people on both sides are scrambling to know exactly what happened & what will they do next, the relative calm at the moment is the calm that comes before the storm.
Every one can believe in what ever they want in the end our talk here is of zero effect.
I guess CNN would rather show footage of Fallout 4.
In case if you are still looking for the Russian assessment:
http://tass.com/defense/940012

Thanks for the link. Russian officials always manage to give me a chuckle the way they express themselves. Anyway, I'm not after footage of their airbase. That goes without saying that missiles hit. It's Syrian claim that more civilians died than military that is controversial. The Russian report doesn't even know where these mysterious stray missiles landed.

Us intervention wasn't an act of war. Both Russia and Syria were warned beforehand of the strike. It' would be more accurate to see the strike as a warning against any further chemical usage.

#809 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the link. Russian officials always manage to give me a chuckle the way they express themselves. Anyway, I'm not after footage of their airbase. That goes without saying that missiles hit. It's Syrian claim that more civilians died than military that is controversial. The Russian report doesn't even know where these mysterious stray missiles landed.

Us intervention wasn't an act of war. Both Russia and Syria were warned beforehand of the strike. It' would be more accurate to see the strike as a warning against any further chemical usage.

both fox news and CNN says that the base might not be destroyed.

http://www.nbc.com/m...-9-2017/3498472

FOX News Sunday Sun, Apr 09, 2017

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#810 Funktastic

Funktastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

both fox news and CNN says that the base might not be destroyed.

http://www.nbc.com/m...-9-2017/3498472

FOX News Sunday Sun, Apr 09, 2017

I'll just requote myself:

Anyway, I'm not after footage of their airbase.

It's Syrian claim that more civilians died than military that is controversial.

And I'll add, since I didn't explicitly say it (although it is implied), Russian claim that most missiles missed their target seems to be complete bogus. 

#811 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

He hit the base with more than 10 missiles and they are still able to use like nothing happened. What exactly did they hit?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#812 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

He hit the base with more than 10 missiles and they are still able to use like nothing happened. What exactly did they hit?

A nerve.

#813 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

A nerve.

There has to be cheaper and more effective way to do that than ...that

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#814 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

At this point it would be somewhat wrong to think that Trump isn't preparing for a major war in Syria (smaller than the 2003 war but bigger than the 2011 Libya war) because that missile attack alone had zero effect & even if the US takes out the entire SyAAF (Syrian airforce) then the Russian AF would just compensate for the the losses so there will have to be a bigger more complete offensive the excuse could be "barrel" bombs , a false flag chem attack or what ever.
I came up with three possible scenarios as to what will happen:-
1- the US & Russia reach a compromise which includes federalisation of Syria with Assad stepping down, north Syria would be Kurdish , the western parts would be pro Russia, the southern & eastern parts would become a second Jordan, in this scenario there won't be a major war but Turkey might not accept the idea of the Kurds getting autonomy.

2- Trump wages war, the Russians avoid direct clash with the US (to avoid WW3) by retreating to just the costoal areas to where the minorities (some of the Alawites & Christians) would also retreat , do a referendum in there & Latakia & Tartous (and perhaps Aleppo) would become Russian oblasts , the remainder of Syria would be partitioned between several islamist & terror militias (ahrrar al sham , Alnusra plus the other 50 different flavours of jihad).

3- the Russians avoid war with the US , pack there bags & leave the entire Syria, in this case the entire Syria would be partitioned between the jihad militias.

Scenarios #2 & #3 would result in a flood of refugees which would make the current refugee crisis look like a picnic.

Edited by kenkage, 11 April 2017 - 11:20 AM.

P15OTd8.jpg

#815 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

There has to be cheaper and more effective way to do that than ...that

We're talking about a self obsessed man child who was just given power over millions of dollars in government war toys. 

You really think he or his cabinet of jackamules is going to bother looking for a less expensive means of enjoying themselves?

Edited by Narubi, 11 April 2017 - 12:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users