#281 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Do you guys want Zoro to have another backstory like Sanji that comes from Wano?

Not gonna lie, gonna feel a little to simple if his origins lie in land of the rising sun.

It likely could happen given with what has happened with Sanji on whole cake, and so far Zoro's background has not been given much attention. ( its 7 pages entirely) 

But personally I don't trust Oda with handling such a thing( he could ruin Zoro's character) , so I would rather he forgoes it and focus on something else. 

Edited by Furinji Saiga, Yesterday, 03:53 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#282 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted Yesterday, 05:06 PM

The thing about our main man Roronoa Zoro is that his character and the way Oda views him makes it impossible for his backstory to be ruin. The way Zoro is, he won't be emotionally affected by in family drama (a la sanji) so that automatically loses it value. (If his Fam is dramatic he would literally just one shot em)

Now, another aspect to Zoro is his respect for old things. (Bushido, shame for defeating Ryuuma as corpse, budist reference as observed by the modern japanese) If Zoro does come from the bloodline of someone great from Wano, then it wouldn't mean anything to his action. In fact, seeing Zoro do the right thing because he wants to as oppose to some destiny bloodline stuff would be great. 

Zoro's character, as long as he's proactive. Is always great. Literally difficult as hell to do him wrong. Only Dressrosa messed with his character because he explicitly said something and then that wasn't acknowledge. (Probably due to Oda pacing his power's revelation) But even in the chopper island, he literally just took a swing and was the greatest part of the arc. 

You add a little bit more subtext to him, probably about being a man. And he'll do wonder with it.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#283 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

I just wanna see his parents. Must be some monsters!

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#284 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,310 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

If Bepo could get lost on a ship and was carried from Zou to North Blue then I don't see why the same thing cannot happen to Mr. I-can't-direction.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users