• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#21 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

Why would breaking steel enable someone to break diamond?

did you stop reading the second you saw steel?

i said when zoro gained the ability to cut steel it was the ability to cut all things by hearing its breath, there is no reason he shouldn't be able to hear diamonds if there is we havent heard it, and to tell us it now would be convenient for the plot....

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#22 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

did you stop reading the second you saw steel?

I stop reading the second I see big paragraphs that seem ranty. It's nothing personal, Kidd.

#23 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:13 AM

yeah.  my bad kidd.  might have screwed the pooch on this one.

you my problem with zoro cutting harder and harder stuff is the way he explained how he does it in alabasta. he said all he is able to "hear" the substance and cut it, so the second he figured out that he should be able to cut anything really. maybe he could of gone on to say he needs more training to "hear" diamond or sea stone, but he never said or hinted at that. so him cutting sea stone is cool, but i want an explanation on why what i said doesn't apply

probably not sanji don't know why i even said that, but luffy can break steel, so he can easily break diamond.

well that is the thing, diamond is the hardest substance on earth, therefore only other diamond can scratch it, but hardness is different from toughness, its ductile strength is actually much weaker then steel's, especially since unlike steel diamonds don't bend meaning it can take a lot less stress. it is like my old chemistry teacher said, you cant scratch a diamond, but if you want to break it just hit it with a hammer.

seeing that its possible and doing it are not the same thing.  example:  I know its possible to break down a wall.  can I do it by myself?  no.  I'm not strong enough.  I'm sure there are some men who are but personally, id need a sludgehammer.

just because zoro sees himself cutting that seastone doesn't mean hes acquired the sludgehammer to do it with yet.

luffy can bend steel.  not break it.  the difference is very important.

see they wouldn't let me take chemistry cause I flunked my math courses...  asses...

also you said sanji on instinct no take backs,

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 October 2016 - 12:14 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

Chillman's crap again LOL

luffy can bend steel. not break it. the difference is very important.

Are you sure about the luffy part in your username?

He broke Krieg's steel armor. And that's East Blue. Current Luffy would smash steel easily, unless we have new kind of steel or Oda does not care too much about consistency (which is probable given he admits it in interview LOL).

Edited by Fulmine, 24 October 2016 - 09:56 AM.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#25 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

Chillman's crap again LOL

Are you sure about the luffy part in your username?

He broke Krieg's steel armor. And that's East Blue. Current Luffy would smash steel easily, unless we have new kind of steel or Oda does not care too much about consistency (which is probable given he admits it in interview LOL).

so why then post timeskip does steel bend while here it breaks like cracker pieces?

I skipped east blue completely.  4kids ruined it for me.

Edited by retroluffy13, 24 October 2016 - 10:08 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#26 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

Fulmine's passive aggressiveness again lol

#27 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

We have a new alloy in NW: Wapometal (that could be harder than steel...?
  • retroluffy13 likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:30 AM

so why then post timeskip does steel bend while here it breaks like cracker pieces?

Where?

And do people like to stop reading mid-post nowadays? My after-comma part of the last sentence of my post?

Fulmine's passive aggressiveness again lol

Not sure how directly mentioning your name and straightforwardly saying crap is passive LOL I just don't quote you because I have no intention of debating, just commenting.

If you have to, at least call it by the right name. Like ''Fulmine's spot-on comment again LOL''.

Retort should at least be average, not stupid.

We have a new alloy in NW: Wapometal (that could be harder than steel...?

Is it said those are Wapolmetal?

#29 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:11 AM

Where?
And do people like to stop reading mid-post nowadays? My after-comma part of the last sentence of my post?

Not sure how directly mentioning your name and straightforwardly saying crap is passive LOL I just don't quote you because I have no intention of debating, just commenting.

If you have to, at least call it by the right name. Like ''Fulmine's spot-on comment again LOL''.
Retort should at least be average, not stupid.

Is it said those are Wapolmetal?

Which ones? I don't exactly know what you were talking about, sorry. I just saw the comment aboutthe possibility of a new metal existing in NW and wanted to give that info in case someone forgot it

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

Which ones? I don't exactly know what you were talking about, sorry. I just saw the comment aboutthe possibility of a new metal existing in NW and wanted to give that info in case someone forgot it

Whatever retroluffy13 talked about.

#31 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

I stop reading the second I see big paragraphs that seem ranty. It's nothing personal, Kidd.

I do too but the fact that your reply had something to do with what i wrote means you read at least a little........ w/e

yeah.  my bad kidd.  might have screwed the pooch on this one.

seeing that its possible and doing it are not the same thing.  example:  I know its possible to break down a wall.  can I do it by myself?  no.  I'm not strong enough.  I'm sure there are some men who are but personally, id need a sludgehammer.

just because zoro sees himself cutting that seastone doesn't mean hes acquired the sludgehammer to do it with yet.

luffy can bend steel.  not break it.  the difference is very important.

see they wouldn't let me take chemistry cause I flunked my math courses...  asses...

also you said sanji on instinct no take backs,

I understand your metaphor but i don't think it applies, the way zoro explained it was all he needs to do is understand its "breath" and he would be able to cut it. we were never told hearing the breath and cutting it were unrelated. it is like if you understand math you can do it, well unless you cant move your hands to write, either way i have reread the explanation for our argument and i don't see zoro mentioning any exceptions to his "hear the breath" rule

fine i will leave sanji in there, but i want you to know that I left franky out on purpose because i didn't want to make a list

banner.png

#32 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Well, he cut some of Kuma. But not completely. 

And through that he understood that he wasn't made of flesh and bones. 

So maybe he wasn't paying attention to the breath of all things, which makes sense he was exhausted. And because he was surprised it was steel, that also serves to prove that. 

You know, I was going to say that the other option was that he used it and just failed. But that clearly doesn't make any sense. 

He probably used back in pre skip by repeating the same feeling in terms of its practical/bodily implication. And sometimes that will obviously fail.

Post skip he hasn't fail to cut anything. So perhaps, he mastered it. Makes sense since now he's conscious of what haki is.

Edited by TrolonoaZoro, 27 October 2016 - 10:16 AM.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#33 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:40 PM

Well, he cut some of Kuma. But not completely. 

And through that he understood that he wasn't made of flesh and bones. 

So maybe he wasn't paying attention to the breath of all things, which makes sense he was exhausted. And because he was surprised it was steel, that also serves to prove that. 

You know, I was going to say that the other option was that he used it and just failed. But that clearly doesn't make any sense. 

He probably used back in pre skip by repeating the same feeling in terms of its practical/bodily implication. And sometimes that will obviously fail.

Post skip he hasn't fail to cut anything. So perhaps, he mastered it. Makes sense since now he's conscious of what haki is.

yes the kuma thing was weird, I assumed it meant that zoro needed to "know what to listen for" either that or he just wasn't trying to listen?

banner.png

#34 Chizi

Chizi

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

Has anyone watched the latest screw attack video? For anyone unaware, screw attack is a youtube channel mostly dedicated to matching fictional characters in a death battle, using all the statistics of the characters to make it a fair fight.  In this week's screw attack video, the highlight is Hulk vs Doomsday!!!!  But here's where the really interesting part comes and hence why i'm posting this.  A teaser was shown in the end of the video of the next fight, and it is ZORO!!!!!!  So stay tuned for the next death battle video!!

For a man to stand up again, he needs one thing...to make excuses.

Takamura Mamoru.

#35 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

Has anyone watched the latest screw attack video? For anyone unaware, screw attack is a youtube channel mostly dedicated to matching fictional characters in a death battle, using all the statistics of the characters to make it a fair fight.  In this week's screw attack video, the highlight is Hulk vs Doomsday!!!!  But here's where the really interesting part comes and hence why i'm posting this.  A teaser was shown in the end of the video of the next fight, and it is ZORO!!!!!!  So stay tuned for the next death battle video!!

and they match him with? Maybe Kenshin after being powerscaled :lolxg:

Edited by Fulmine, 10 November 2016 - 03:36 AM.

• Chizi likes this

#36 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:00 AM

Ichigo is also possible now.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

Ichigo is also possible now.

If screw attack's logic includes powerscale then I don't think that's a good match. And if using statistics...I'm not sure the last arc of Bleach is calc-friendly (of course, we can do pre-TSIchigo). Better choose someone else from a verse with clear demonstration of strength. Nanatsu no Taizai or even FT (provided that nakamapowah is off) or UQ Holder/Negima.
But it can be someone from western comics.

#38 Tiago

Tiago

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

Oh, look. It is Fulmine. The guy that has more knowledge about One Piece in this boards.

All Hail the awesome and super informed + respectful Fulmine. God Bless One Piece boards and its.. maturity. 

On topic: I love roronoa zoro

i2BzEHL.png

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,299 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

Oh, look. It is Fulmine. The guy that has more knowledge about One Piece in this boards.

All Hail the awesome and super informed + respectful Fulmine. God Bless One Piece boards and its.. maturity. 

On topic: I love roronoa zoro

???

What does maturity have with what I posted?

Edited by Fulmine, 10 November 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#40 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

f*ck kenshin. Zoro should be paired with someone more hostile like the guy in my profile picture.

Shishio for those who cant see it properly.

Ichigo would be an awful match up aswell since at the end of bleach he was basically omnipotent. Yhwach was so scared of him that didn't let him use bankai and removed his quincy and hollow powers and this was in weeks time of training. Even Ichigo said it would have taken him years to master all his new powers.

What next, Sasuke. . . uhm No! 

Bring Jin and Mugen from samurai champloo. Now that is a duo that I could see taking on Zoro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users