428 replies to this topic

#421 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Something that popped into my head with Shanks' appearance is that if/when Luffy's crew meets Shanks' crew do you think Zoro would ask to challenge Shanks to a duel? I get that Zoro's character isn't exactly like how he used to be when he was always in a mindset to challenge strong swordsmen like Mihawk regardless of outcome, but I still wonder about it. He has to be aware that Shanks is one of the greatest swordsman in the world and he might have heard about him more given all the time he spent with Mihawk during the timeskip. If Zoro is aware that Shanks is a great swordsman I just wonder if he would want to challenge him to see the difference between them or even compare him to Mihawk. Probably not but I thought it was an interesting thought.

#422 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

Something that popped into my head with Shanks' appearance is that if/when Luffy's crew meets Shanks' crew do you think Zoro would ask to challenge Shanks to a duel?

definately, since he considers Shanks, as Mihawks rival (works the other way around as well, since they seem pretty close to one another),a stepping stone to overcome, and he perhaps knows that Shanks is someone, who is extremely proficient with CoC, while Mihawk propably has the better CoA (since black sword, which we have yet to see with Shanks)!

Also Shanks will be the one to signifiantly improve Zoros CoC, i think in that fight Zoro will become truly frightening with it, getting a skill to entirely disrupt someone elses haki ability, mayhaps through fear itself, like he did with Monet, just for powerful opponents as well then.

Edited by capu, 14 June 2018 - 03:38 AM.

#423 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Zoro is prob one shotting shanks after soloing fujitora. So right after wano

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#424 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

No he would not, because of Shanks history with Luffy.

Also Luffy is the one who wants to surpass Shanks not Zoro. Zoro would, like Mihawk probably not want to fight a one armed man.

Most importantly there is that constant debate of whether Shanks is actually a swordsman...

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#425 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,480 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

He's okay with fighting blind Fujitora.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#426 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:13 AM

Probably because thats not really a handicap since there's haki as opposed to one armed swordsman...

But i'm only basing this on Zoro behaving a lot like Mihawk post TS...Maybe he wont actually care *shrug*

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#427 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,480 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

Probably because thats not really a handicap since there's haki as opposed to one armed swordsman...

You don't really need to hold sword with 2 arms though. Depends on the style.

#428 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

You don't really need to hold sword with 2 arms though. Depends on the style.

Yamamoto Genryuusai disagrees.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#429 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,480 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:46 AM

Yamamoto Genryuusai disagrees.

Dead. Nuff said.

Seriously, yeah, that's kendo/shinigami's kenjutsu which is just a sword style.

Also Shanks may have found a way to double the strength of his remaining arms or something.

Edited by Fulmine, 15 June 2018 - 03:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users