448 replies to this topic

#421 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Something that popped into my head with Shanks' appearance is that if/when Luffy's crew meets Shanks' crew do you think Zoro would ask to challenge Shanks to a duel? I get that Zoro's character isn't exactly like how he used to be when he was always in a mindset to challenge strong swordsmen like Mihawk regardless of outcome, but I still wonder about it. He has to be aware that Shanks is one of the greatest swordsman in the world and he might have heard about him more given all the time he spent with Mihawk during the timeskip. If Zoro is aware that Shanks is a great swordsman I just wonder if he would want to challenge him to see the difference between them or even compare him to Mihawk. Probably not but I thought it was an interesting thought.

#422 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

Something that popped into my head with Shanks' appearance is that if/when Luffy's crew meets Shanks' crew do you think Zoro would ask to challenge Shanks to a duel?

definately, since he considers Shanks, as Mihawks rival (works the other way around as well, since they seem pretty close to one another),a stepping stone to overcome, and he perhaps knows that Shanks is someone, who is extremely proficient with CoC, while Mihawk propably has the better CoA (since black sword, which we have yet to see with Shanks)!

Also Shanks will be the one to signifiantly improve Zoros CoC, i think in that fight Zoro will become truly frightening with it, getting a skill to entirely disrupt someone elses haki ability, mayhaps through fear itself, like he did with Monet, just for powerful opponents as well then.

Edited by capu, 14 June 2018 - 03:38 AM.

#423 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Zoro is prob one shotting shanks after soloing fujitora. So right after wano

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#424 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

No he would not, because of Shanks history with Luffy.

Also Luffy is the one who wants to surpass Shanks not Zoro. Zoro would, like Mihawk probably not want to fight a one armed man.

Most importantly there is that constant debate of whether Shanks is actually a swordsman...

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#425 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,642 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

He's okay with fighting blind Fujitora.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#426 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:13 AM

Probably because thats not really a handicap since there's haki as opposed to one armed swordsman...

But i'm only basing this on Zoro behaving a lot like Mihawk post TS...Maybe he wont actually care *shrug*

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#427 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,642 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

Probably because thats not really a handicap since there's haki as opposed to one armed swordsman...

You don't really need to hold sword with 2 arms though. Depends on the style.

#428 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

You don't really need to hold sword with 2 arms though. Depends on the style.

Yamamoto Genryuusai disagrees.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#429 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,642 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:46 AM

Yamamoto Genryuusai disagrees.

Dead. Nuff said.

Seriously, yeah, that's kendo/shinigami's kenjutsu which is just a sword style.

Also Shanks may have found a way to double the strength of his remaining arms or something.

Edited by Fulmine, 15 June 2018 - 03:47 AM.

#430 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

I was looking at the old Zoro highlights and i noticed that post tine skip Oda likes to drive Zoros character through the ordering of lesser strawhats to serious it up. ( punk hazard + zou) he also said he was going to lead the samurais and was the first to lead the Alliance into saving the day. ( pica's tactic )

Wano is clearly being set up to develop this aspect of his character. Aside from soloing a yonkous second hand, leading an army and probably clashing with an admiral. Will Oda explixitly call him the first mate or will he continue to be de facto first mate?

Edited by TrolonoaZoro, 25 June 2018 - 10:04 AM.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#431 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

If Jinbe survives next arc, he ll be first mate.

• Tale likes this

#432 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Wano is clearly being set up to develop this aspect of his character. Aside from soloing a yonkous second hand, leading an army and probably clashing with an admiral. Will Oda explixitly call him the first mate or will he continue to be de facto first mate?

Don't know about this but I am nearly sure luffy will find wano in shambles. Q:"What happened"; A:"Zoro happened"
When Luffy arrived at zou sanjis group was already seen as heroes. I don't see any reason to not do the same with zoros group.

If Jinbe survives next arc, he ll be first mate.

never.
He will for ever be third mate or the simple advisor.

#433 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

No hes right it has to be jimbe. Jimbe is more mature and dependable, as opposed to zoro who is famous for sleeping through crisis.
  • Tale likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#434 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sleeping through crisis shows how level headed he is doe. btw are you referring to the Kuma vs strawhats part deux?

Jimbei doesn't have the military strategy, the charisma or power to carry the rest of the scrubs in the alliance into a solo of the kaido memester btw 

Edited by TrolonoaZoro, 26 June 2018 - 06:57 PM.

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#435 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:59 AM

Sleeping through crisis shows how level headed he is doe. btw are you referring to the Kuma vs strawhats part deux?

Jimbei doesn't have the military strategy, the charisma or power to carry the rest of the scrubs in the alliance into a solo of the kaido memester btw

wow I wouldn't go as far as to say jimbe doesn't have this or that.
He has been a pirate for 12 years. He's been a captain for +/- 6 years.
Zoro is cool and he's the first mate and so I want him to show his worth to be honest jimbe, brook and franky have better leadership than he has.

#436 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

In what universe doe? I mean when you put franky and brook you gotta know you went amiss somewhere

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#437 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

brook actually has captain experience as he lead the rumbar pirates for an unespecified period of time until they met their end in the florian triangle/.
Franky was the leader of a infamous organisation called the franky family. You don't get that many underlings by being a loser of a leader. He was also the leader for a great period of time until the events of EL

#438 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:04 AM

You went from "they have better leadership" to " brooks crew got annihilated, dude. Top ten captains." Wew

Having been a captain doesnt mean youre a better leader. Zoro has a history of guiding plebians into glory, and being able to take responsibily and persevering under duress. Plus his superior strength reassures people all the time. Aka the fourlogy of One Piece leadership qualities.

Franky was a meme captain. Brook, well we all know what happened to him. And jimbei is unnecessary suicidal.

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#439 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

We'll know more about Jimbei's position in the crew when we see the remaining Calamities (assuming Oda plans to give a fight to someone who isn't Luffy in the future). If it turns out that Kaidou's number one isn't a swordsman, then we'll have three Yonkou crews where the 1st commander position is occupied by a non-swordsman while the 2nd commander position is occupied by a swordsman or swordswoman. At that point it will be hard to deny there's a pattern. :shrug:

Also, @TrolonoaZoro, when you say Jimbei doesn't have the military strategy, are you forgetting about all the times Oda has emphasised Jimbei's planning and strategic abilities? Not saying the strategies or plans are particularly inspired - this being OP and all - but we've had him suggest the plan of attack in the two arcs he's been in and even the Big Mom Pirates said that meticulous plans were to be expected from him.

Edited by Tale, 27 June 2018 - 11:19 AM.

#440 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,642 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

If Jack is fishman then maybe him for Jinbe. Though I think with that many strong characters in one arc we won't have true 1vs1 reserved for SHs. Supernova like Law and Kid will probably eat into the screentime. Though Oda can always make Law a suporter by running around teleporting people to safe places LOL

• capu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users