• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

I fail to see how Sakura is a failure as a parent in any way. This honestly seems like a case of the hate for her bleeding over. Were she abusive towards Sarada that'd be one thing, but she isn't. Instead, you have her raising her daughter, by herself, for 12 years, while her deadbeat of a husband runs around the world conducting research into an alien race and never contacting the family. Where exactly is Sakura a bad parent or comparable to him in any way?  :lolxg: Y'all are fooling yourselves if you really believe that.

Sasuke's failure is clear. Naruto even I can understand the complaints, though I also think that saying he's equivalent to Sasuke goes too far. What exactly has Sakura done though? The worst thing I can honestly think of is her not providing a better explanation for why Sasuke isn't around, which doesn't seem like enough to discount 12 years of parenting.

Edited by Ace1225, 30 November 2016 - 05:02 PM.

• Tokoya, OP Eyes FTW, paka and 2 others like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#22 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

Sakura doesn't seem to be a bad mother at all. Horrible wife, horrible friend, and horrible character overall but not a bad mom

Edited by Strobacaxi, 30 November 2016 - 05:23 PM.

• Blue22, paka and Chillman like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#23 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

That's what I'm saying lol girl's got flaws for days, but as a mom she's done alright.
  • paka and Chillman like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#24 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

I fail to see how Sakura is a failure as a parent in any way. This honestly seems like a case of the hate for her bleeding over. Were she abusive towards Sarada that'd be one thing, but she isn't. Instead, you have her raising her daughter, by herself, for 12 years, while her deadbeat of a husband runs around the world conducting research into an alien race and never contacting the family. Where exactly is Sakura a bad parent or comparable to him in any way?  :lolxg: Y'all are fooling yourselves if you really believe that.

Sasuke's failure is clear. Naruto even I can understand the complaints, though I also think that saying he's equivalent to Sasuke goes too far. What exactly has Sakura done though? The worst thing I can honestly think of is her not providing a better explanation for why Sasuke isn't around, which doesn't seem like enough to discount 12 years of parenting.

Picking up Sasuke was the biggest mistake of her life. I mean its common sense not marry a guy who tried to murder you and your friends multiple times. Had she at least chose  someone like Lee she would have been happier. 

For a lot her haters, she has to be perfect and she is not allowed to make mistakes when she was just a teenager which is beyond absurd. Naruto's mom was not that different regarding Minato  so I don't get why Sakura is not allowed to be imperfect. I mean I have seen a lot of Hinata fans on youtube who would say that she is a bitch because she is beating naruto... in a clearly comical tone that is not meant to be taken seriously. However, when its her scary daughter that comically hits him in the balls its funny... 

55483606.jpg

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 30 November 2016 - 09:49 PM.

#25 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

wow! the hate did bleed over...made the correction - I grade myself a fail on her part...didn't even notice it till I red your post :lol:

Sakura doesn't seem to be a bad mother at all. Horrible wife, horrible friend, and horrible character overall but not a bad mom

Same as above...corrected

:kakashi:  We back

#26 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

Sakura was bad on the issue with her daughter about who is her parents.

And it looks like she loves destroying her own house for no reason.

Edited by waleuska, 30 November 2016 - 10:33 PM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#27 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

Minato, Sakumo, Asuma, Mighty Duy - death

Might Die, at least was a parent before his deaths for a good number of years, and as well seemed to be a pretty good one at that from what we've seen. So I wouldn't list him as failure in parenting, when he actually was a parent.

Also on the matter of people being considered failures on the concept of "dying". I really don't think that can be held against characters as being a failure on their part, since nobody can prevent their own deaths nor know when or how it'll happen.

I mean by that logic, would that mean that say my mother dying after giving birth to me would then in part mean that despite having no control over the matter, that she was a failure as a parent?  

Rather however I think if "death" is to be considered a failure towards a character in terms of being a parent. It might as well have to come down to how they died. So say Asuma dying in the line of duty, shouldn't be held against him as a failure. 

Though for somebody like Minato ....... 

Put it simply that bastard didn't have to die, but instead chose to die and hope everything with his son an the village worked out in the end. So perhaps failure can be tagged to him.Others ... not so much IMO.

Sakumo didn't seem to be a bad father before his death. Though he still could have lived on in life and not abandon his son. So yeah he's a bit of failure in parenting as well.

Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura - fail

Sasuke, yes, yes, and absolutely an unquestionably YES!!!

Naruto and Sakura?

We know Naruto before taking on the role of Hokage was a good parent and spent time with his family. So he's not really a bad parent IMO. Though true he's now more tied to his work then his family, all of which from what seems to be his own choosing. But still he's not a bad parent or a failure for that matter. Just not a great one.

As for Sakura. Her character has been used an abused in some of the worst ways by Kishi an so. So her character has been rather flawed in more ways than one. But in regards to her being a parent? I don't think she's bad or a failure either. I mean she raised her child from birth to the age she is now, all on her own. An when we see Sarada we don't see anything that says Sakura was/is a bad mother to her child. Considering that Sarada seems like your typical happy normal child with a good upbringing. Sure Sakura's poor explanation of Sasuke an such was shitty, but alas again that's Kishi's horrid usage of her at work once more. Overall however, nothing says that Sakura was a bad parent.

Shikuro - Shino infused with insects at birth

It's eerie and discomforting for sure. But I can't say that's really anything to label as a failure. 

I mean that's a "Clan" thing, that everyone in the clan goes through. It's their tradition and so on. 

For sure there's bound to be things in tribes/clans past and present that do things that are sacred, honorable, or whatever, that we would think is horrible or disgusting. But that's their way. An calling somebody a failure for that ..... just doesn't seem right IMO.

However if there's a thing about putting into babies/children that could be considered as a failure or example of bad parenting. It'd probably be the sealing of Bijuu's. Sure your giving the child a great means of power. However it's a power that they could have little to no control over, and loose control at points an be killed by it. That and the whole people are going to hate an fear you just for having said creature sealed inside of you.

Kaguya - worst

Kaguya's character is really unknown and with little sense to it.

Sure there was filler that tried to go into her character. But that's just filler and as such is non-canon.  

So I don't really know if we can say she's the worst or not. Sure she's not good or anything (still tried to kill her children after all), but the worst ... is unclear.

Though we do have to take into consideration that she did raise both of her children and let them grow into men with children of their own (since I recall her knowing her grandchildren before her supposed death), before she tried to kill them or whatever. 

But .... I don't know really. 

Hagoromo - best

Really?

I don't know about that. Sure maybe he seemed okay for the most part. But y'know considering how his thing about peace, working together an all, you'd think he'd entrust both of his sons with his legacy, rather than choose whichever one he liked more over the other, and cause a bloody rivalry that'd last for numerous generations to come between his children's descendants.

An for that reason. I say no to him being among the best. 

Edited by Narubi, 01 December 2016 - 06:20 PM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#28 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

You know, on the subject of Sakumo, how bad must it be for Kakashi to come home one day and find his father's dead body? Then his mother's already dead however long beforehand? Yikes. 

• Chillman likes this

#29 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

You know, on the subject of Sakumo, how bad must it be for Kakashi to come home one day and find his father's dead body? Then his mother's already dead however long beforehand? Yikes. 

Pretty bad, without much doubt. 

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,093 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

horrible friend
She was a great wingman in The Last though and didn't even bitch about Sasuke one bit....That's what made me start to like post chapter 699 Sakura
  • Blue22 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

She was a great wingman in The Last though and didn't even bitch about Sasuke one bit....That's what made me start to like post chapter 699 Sakura

She was a decent wingman in the hinata and neji fight. Then she did a 180 and started to only really care about sasuke and herself in the later chapters.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#32 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

Ah yes, The Last, where we got that crap about Naruto never knowing what love was and needing to actually see Hinata's memories to understand that she loved him for some reason.  :rolleyes: Loved the film though. Might watch it again later on today in fact.

• Chillman likes this

#33 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Ah yes, The Last, where we got that crap about Naruto never knowing what love was and needing to actually see Hinata's memories to understand that she loved him for some reason.  :rolleyes: Loved the film though. Might watch it again later on today in fact.

Well that does kill all of sakura's fans arguments about how much naruto was in love with sakura.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#34 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

Wait Doesn't that contradict the whole Naruto understands people's feeling like that time when he told Zabusa that Haku truly loved him and exposed his feelings . Retcons anyone ?

How about the time when Naruto was able to make Konohamaru more mature and being a better influence than his grandfather and ebisu (Kishi totally forgot him as well).  This story pretty much suggested that Naruto was more mature than he looked and would make a great father... Is this another retcon ?

What about that time when Sasuke told him that he doesn't know what its like having a family but Naruto tells him that his relationship with Iruka is what a father and son looks like or being with Sasuke is like having a brother (back when Sasuke was still not a complete asshole). I think he totally understood Sasuke at that time. I know I am repeating myself but... Is it a retcon... again ?

I think he totally knew how why he was in love with Sakura at that time (disguised as Sasuke).

naruto-1564875.jpg

4486951.jpg

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 01 December 2016 - 10:44 AM.

#35 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:33 AM

All 5 of the Kage were competent during the fight with Madara though  :mellow: And during the 4th Shinobi War in general.

So, the new guy went ahead and altered Momoshiki's transformed appearance. I'll say that I like the new look better, though I also had no problem with the original one. Glad we're nearing the end of this rehash though and that we're nearing the best part of the film

http://pm1.narvii.com/5846/29abfafc220bc...

Bruh, I could watch the first half of that fight on loop for hours. Taijutsu needs more love in Naruto, it really is where the animation truly shines.

Not a bad mom. She's done a good job raising Sarada on her own since the girl is clearly happy and healthy. But....she just does things that either make no sense at all or just make her look incredibly stupid. I'll skip over the obvious example of marrying Sasuke despite him proving time and time again that he barely even likes her, let alone loves her (until we get some background on their relationship post-series, I'm convinced the only thing that won him over was her volunteering her womb in the name of the Uchiha clan).

Instead I'll address the idiotic way that she (and I guess Shizune and Naruto's as well) handled Sarada's totally valid concerns regarding her parentage. She covered the fuck out of that like it was some huge scandal (I still don't understand what the fuck was up with her folding over a picture of Sasuke with his team and pasting it next to a picture of her. I thought she was past creepy shit like that) only for it to be as simple as saying: "You were born outside of the village. The woman with glasses is a close friend of your father's" (I can't believe Sarada doesn't even know about Taka) "and she helped deliver you". So if Sarada and Chou Chou had died while going out in search of Sasuke or Karin or whoever they were looking for, I honestly can't remember, that would have been ALL on Sakura for making a big mystery out of something that could have been explained in three sentences (well the mystery of Sarada's mother, anyway. I'm pretty sure the picture thing would need to be something that needs to be discussed with some therapists)

But aside from that, and marrying a neglectful asshole who's never proved to be anything but that, she's done a good job for herself as an adult.

• waleuska likes this

#36 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

until we get some background on their relationship post-series, I'm convinced the only thing that won him over was her volunteering her womb in the name of the Uchiha clan

If it was only that. Then Sasuke would have pounded into Karin as well. 

More so Karin than Sakura, since Karin is a pure blood Uzumaki from our understanding. So the babies they make .. would probably be incredibly hax.

• JDG973 likes this

#37 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

Might Die..............................parent before his deaths.................................people being considered failures on the concept of "dying". .................................................................. Rather however I think if "death" is to be considered a failure towards a character in terms of being a parent................................................Asuma dying in the line of duty, shouldn't be held against him as a failure.............................................Minato .......that bastard didn't have to die, but instead chose to die and hope everything with his son an the village worked out in the end. So perhaps failure can be tagged to him.......................................Sakumo......................lived on in life and not abandon his son.

Absent parenting = No parenting...I know it's cruel but it's just reality - you can choose to blame them or not, but fact is they were not there whether it was of their own doing or not - Naruto and Guy seeking companionship in others is an example of one of the effects...With that said, I can't completely disagree with this view - see conclusion below

Naruto and Sakura?.............We know Naruto before taking on the role of Hokage was a good parent and spent time with his family. So he's not really a bad parent IMO.

Agreed on Sakura...made the correction above. Naruto was literally few feet away from his family but chose to avoid his parenting duties, clones :glare: :rly: , - everyone around him seem to notice, the guilt in his demeanor showed he was aware and chose otherwise

It's eerie and discomforting for sure.............................. "Clan" thing, .................................However if there's a thing about putting into babies/children that could be considered as a failure or example of bad parenting. It'd probably be the sealing of Bijuu's...................................

Don't think the traditions were a mandatory thing, parents had a choice and they chose to follow them, Minato/Kushina being a prime example...there should be a difference in what a child inherits naturally from their parents and what is practiced (by a clan in this example). Some hokage ended them and some added more, therefor, safe to assume it was a choice...The insect thing is one that got to me the most... :-_-: totally avoidable......my apologies to those who love insects

Kaguya's character ...........................Sure there was filler that tried to go into her character. But that's just filler and as such is non-canon. .........................................................(still tried to kill her children after all).........................But .... I don't know really. 

Coming after grandchildren too, lets not forget that part - it was all for the tree - at least the other parents wanted their kids to be born - after those many decades that's all she still thought of - to kill her children, doesn't matter how remorseful she was - it's your family tree and all she could think of is killing :mob: 

Really?..........................But y'know considering how his thing about peace, working together an all, you'd think he'd entrust both of his sons with his legacy, rather than choose whichever one he liked more over the other, and cause a bloody rivalry that'd last for numerous generations to come between his children's descendants..............An for that reason. I say no to him being among the best. 

Hagoromo - It wasn't about whichever one he liked...Cannot blame him for the actions of his evil brother working in the background...not sure I agree with you, perhaps "the best" is subjective - he was good enough to protect his grandchildren too - father/grandpa of the year right there :wub:

Conclusion

The whole point is the writing...parenting was not Kishimoto's forte as shown in the many examples of how the children were raised, - maybe he just chose to portray them in such a manner or was his way of avoiding the parenting thing all together...make most of them failures and end/kill all the good ones - before they could be parents

#38 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

If it was only that. Then Sasuke would have pounded into Karin as well. 

More so Karin than Sakura, since Karin is a pure blood Uzumaki from our understanding. So the babies they make .. would probably be incredibly hax.

Maybe he didn't want children related to Naruto :P

#39 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

Kakashi is surprisingly stable for someone who has had virtually everyone he's ever cared for abandon him.

#40 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

Kakashi is surprisingly stable for someone who has had virtually everyone he's ever cared for abandon him.

Took a while before he became stable...lots of intervention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users