106 replies to this topic

#41 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

About the chapter, I don't get why Naruto and Sasuke are holding back for, they could easily destroy those chumps with ease given both of their arsenals.

Had the same issue when I originally watched the film, though the fight itself is still enjoyable in my opinion, similar to Naruto vs Toneri in The Last, which I haven't watched in a while now that I think about it. Meanwhile i've seen the Cowboy Bebop movie three times this month.

And to think, Sasuke abandoned his family in order to scout out enemies that he didn't even need his full strength to defeat. smh

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#42 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

Bruh, I could watch the first half of that fight on loop for hours. Taijutsu needs more love in Naruto, it really is where the animation truly shines.

Agreed. Honestly, you can never go wrong when a fight incorporates some solid weapon to hand or hand to hand combat. 

Kakashi is surprisingly stable for someone who has had virtually everyone he's ever cared for abandon him.

That's very true. We never see what happened to the teams of the other Jonin (Kurenai, Asuma, Gai, etc.), but Kakashi's entire team died around him, one after the other. It's a wonder he held it together, especially given his situation with his father. Meanwhile, a girl who never loved him dies and Obito falls apart like a house of cards  :rolleyes:

• waleuska and Chillman like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#43 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

And to think, Sasuke abandoned his family in order to scout out enemies that he didn't even need his full strength to defeat. smh

Maybe its Kishi's way of showing he did not intend this pairing by making them look miserable and unhappy.  The man said it himself how he has no clues how they got together so I am guessing he did not plan that... at all. He could have easily given them a more happy ending with a sequel but did not do so.

Btw, Warriors blew a 3-1 lead and Hinata is still a chunnin. 

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 02 December 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#44 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

If nothing else, it makes for a pretty good lesson about being careful what you wish for and how the person you want might not be the person that'll make you legitimately happy. Though it's also a lesson about how you shouldn't marry a guy that tries to kill you and your friends multiple times, treats you like dirt, talks down to everyone around him, and generally makes it clear in every way possible that he's a psychopath in the making. Were it not for Talk-no-Jutsu, Sasuke probably would have killed everyone in Konoha.

Edited by Ace1225, 02 December 2016 - 01:07 PM.

• Chillman likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#45 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

If nothing else, it makes for a pretty good lesson about being careful what you wish for and how the person you want might not be the person that'll make you legitimately happy. Though it's also a lesson about how you shouldn't marry a guy that tries to kill you and your

friends multiple times, treats you like dirt, talks down to everyone around him, and generally makes it clear in every way possible that he's a psychopath in the making. Were it not for Talk-no-Jutsu, Sasuke probably would have killed everyone in Konoha.

Sakura succeeded in both :)

:kakashi:  We back

#46 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

I don't think Kishi examined the altered chakra angle of the Uchiha's madness enough.

When you look at it as the Uchiha all inheriting a severe mood disorder, then you can understand better why Sasuke would want to murder everyone from his village or Obito could go on a quest for revenge against the world because of something stupid.

If you attribute their behavior to themselves, then it is ridiculous, but we know that strong negative feelings cause the chakra in an Uchiha's brain to change. Which, from a psychological standpoint, is just them becoming unstable because they cannot cope with stressful events.

If you look at Sasuke as a mentally ill person that had to be forced out of a psychotic state because the people in Naruto's age don't have anti-psychotic or mood altering drugs, then you can understand how he can live happily and be accepted in the village now that he is "better" 

Really, the way readers regard Sasuke, without giving any consideration to hat Kishi explained as a mental illness, is what you would expect from the characters in the story who live in an age without psychology or mental health resources. On the other hand, the people in the story have accepted Sasuke after his whole revenge episode and allow him to live in their village and work with him. Which is a very tolerated and progressive attitude to have for people in their day and age.

That said, with people like sensor ninja, the Yamanaka clan, and other chakra detection and mind altering jutsu, you'd think Naruto's world would have a good grasp on mental disorders and altered states of mind. Shit, genjutsu is a fighting style that is meant to cause an altered mental state and make people commit foreign actions. 

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#47 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

Nah that is just kishi bad writing style.

Like hinata's confession, the war arc, sasuke being evil, naruto and sasuke gay relationship.

Sasuke who purpose in this manga is his damn clan. He gets a daughter and decides that he doesn't give a shit about family anymore. UGH

If it was me, sasuke would be a guardian angel for both sakura and salad. Show him visiting his family at night and keep taps on his only damn daughter.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#48 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Your just refusing to accept the mental illness angle. Which this seems to be a purposeful metaphor for.

Right down to he self imposed exile due to shame from his actions.

Also, the "too cool" attitude that people who can't handle their emotions use.
  • YoWid likes this

#49 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

Your just refusing to accept the mental illness angle. Which this seems to be a purposeful metaphor for.

Right down to he self imposed exile due to shame from his actions.

Also, the "too cool" attitude that people who can't handle their emotions use.

Mental illness doesn't explain why he refuse to see his family. I understand him wanting to leave the village but he can teleport.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#50 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Mental illness doesn't explain why he refuse to see his family. I understand him wanting to leave the village but he can teleport.

But it does. It's shame.
  • YoWid likes this

#51 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:31 PM

He's ashamed of what he's done to the world, and probably to Sakura

• YoWid likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#52 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

He's ashamed of what he's done to the world, and probably to Sakura

He really didn't do anything. Also sakura also want to kill sasuke as well. So, lets not act like it was a one way street.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#53 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

He really didn't do anything. Also sakura also want to kill sasuke as well. So, lets not act like it was a one way street.

Oh really?

The entire manga says otherwise, Sasuke did a lot of crimes like:

Treason
Assault
Murder and attempted murder
Invasion
Aiding and Abetting a terrorist organization
Abandoning comrades and even his own kid

To say he has don't anything is laughable and in denial of the manga.

#54 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

Oh really?

The entire manga says otherwise, Sasuke did a lot of crimes like:

Treason
Assault
Murder and attempted murder
Invasion
Aiding and Abetting a terrorist organization
Abandoning comrades and even his own kid

To say he has don't anything is laughable and in denial of the manga.

Well konoha did started that crap.

I really do not think you can be called for treason against someone that wanted you dead. They are ninjas and that is what they are born to do.

So, did a lot of people. Danzo, oro, and others. Sasuke doing it, he didn't succeed in really helping them.

They were a team for 1 real mission. They weren't really his comrades.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#55 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

On the matter of crimes and being ashamed or whatever. 

The fact that Orochimaru has done numerous amounts of horrific crimes, and yet feels no shame for it, no redemption, or anything. Yet is walking about freely with nobody after his head. Is just bullshit. 

Say what you will about Sasuke's con's. But Orochimaru outweighs Sasuke by a lot, and it's seems rather bullshit like that nobody has a problem with him.

• Ace1225 likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#56 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, neither Orochimaru or Sasuke should be walking around as free men. But, we've all gone into this before. 

Sasuke should have just died.

Edited by Ace1225, 02 December 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#57 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, neither Orochimaru or Sasuke should be walking around as free men. But, we've all gone into this before. 

Sasuke should have just died.

Well, then the message would be that mentally ill people should be put to death.

Which, iirc, is how America used to deal with them. I think we progressed from putting them to death, to locking them away in asylums, to modern day where we try to just ignore them. But ignorance is only bliss for the ignorant. 

Edited by Ultrafragor, 02 December 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#58 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

@Ace1225 - Orochimaru for sure. 

But regardless of how people feel about Sasuke. You can't deny he did some good that'd be worth redeeming (although it seemed none of that was a reason why he was pardoned, even though it should have counted (then again it seems like Naruto got all the credit, even though it took more than him to defeat Kaguya and so)). such as the Edo Tensei release (with Itachi), defeating Kaguya and saving the world, and also bringing aide with him via the previous Hokages that helped out a decent amount with the battle against the Juubi, Obifail, Obijufail, and Madara (granted those Edo's were only thanks to Orochimaru, but Orochimaru even being there and the wanting of bringing the Edo-Kages was due to Sasuke ... soooo). 

Edited by Narubi, 02 December 2016 - 10:01 PM.

• YoWid likes this

#59 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

Well, then the message would be that mentally ill people should be put to death.

Which, iirc, is how America used to deal with them. I think we progressed from putting them to death, to locking them away in asylums, to modern day where we try to just ignore them. But ignorance is only bliss for the ignorant. 

The thing about that is, when did I say Sasuke should be put to death? I said Sasuke should have died. You're the one who threw the put to death label on it. I just meant he should have died during the course of the war. Granted, that is certainly not the only lesson you could take if he was put to death, but its irrelevant, because that's not what I was saying.

@Ace1225 - Orochimaru for sure. 

But regardless of how people feel about Sasuke. You can't deny he did some good that'd be worth redeeming (although it seemed none of that was a reason why he was pardoned, even though it should have counted (then again it seems like Naruto got all the credit, even though it took more than him to defeat Kaguya and so)). such as the Edo Tensei release (with Itachi), defeating Kaguya and saving the world, and also bringing aide with him via the previous Hokages that helped out a decent amount with the battle against the Juubi, Obifail, Obijufail, and Madara (granted those Edo's were only thanks to Orochimaru, but Orochimaru even being there and the wanting of bringing the Edo-Kages was due to Sasuke ... soooo). 

People do a little good in stories all the time and still end up dying. Hell, sometimes the hero of the story ends up dying.

Edited by Ace1225, 02 December 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#60 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

People do a little good in stories all the time and still end up dying. Hell, sometimes the hero of the story ends up dying.

True enough. 

Oh man. What would have happened if both Naruto and Sasuke died through the course of the war or finale. hmmmm

Nice thought.  :heehee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users