11 replies to this topic

#1 LucidTurtle

LucidTurtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSplit, Croatia, Europe

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hi my name is LucidTurtle and I am a new member to this forum. ( Was part of the first onemanga forum a couple of years ago thou...)

Well this is kinda me saying hello and me starting this tread. I think a great anime like this deserves a thread!!! :3

Obviously I give it a 10/10

Its got great animation, great sound and most important a stunning storyline. (The story is more character driven than event driven, so yeah it kinda depends on your taste if you are going to like it or not...)

There is a second seassion called " Eureka 7 AO " following the life of the second child of the protagonists from the original series.

Its also good but not as good as the original, at least i think so. I would give it a 7/10 overall.

The studio that did " Eureka 7 " also made a new series called " Xam'd: Lost Memories " which i didnt watch yet, so if anyone here did, it would be great if you could say if its worth watching.

Got to go, see ya around and... Discuss :P

Attached Files

Edited by LucidTurtle, 24 December 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#2 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Man...this anime definitely deserves a sequel.. And I mean one that doesn't end as badly as Ao did.

#3 LucidTurtle

LucidTurtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Yep, coudnt agree more :)

I know that the studio that made the original series made a bonus episode as sequel to the first seassion. Something about that Eureka needs to find seven pieces of her soul to become trully human, but they never made nothing more about that... to bad :(

#4 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

I've been watching this since Toonami picked it up. IDK, there really hasn't been a lot to get excited about so far. I like the cast enough, and I really like the colors, animation, and music. However, I haven't found the hook yet plot-wise. Things have started to become interesting these last couple of episodes, so we'll see. I'm trying to be patient since I'm on episode 19 out of 50.

Edited by wingman32x, 24 December 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#5 LucidTurtle

LucidTurtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Well the plot does start slow. I can remember how it bothered me to, I also didnt like how Renton cried in almost every episode in the beginning. Well the plot does get more complex, and I mean itgets a HELL LOT of more complex. Well, keep watching and you well see... hehehe dont want to spoil anything

Edited by LucidTurtle, 24 December 2012 - 02:36 AM.

#6 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've been watching this since Toonami picked it up. IDK, there really hasn't been a lot to get excited about so far. I like the cast enough, and I really like the colors, animation, and music. However, I haven't found the hook yet plot-wise. Things have started to become interesting these last couple of episodes, so we'll see. I'm trying to be patient since I'm on episode 19 out of 50.

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments.

It's taking too long to pick up, but I could just be saying that because I'm watching it weekly. And it's only episode 19 out of 50. All these fillerish episodes that don't really go anywhere don't even take the time to develop the characters. We have a whole crew and I don't know shit about more than half of them, even Gurren Lagann did a decent job in that respect.

The only time this show really gets me interested is when the villains show up. All this build-up of Huey (that was his name, I think) better be worth it.

The mindfuckery could also give Evangelion a run for its money.

I want to like Renton and Eureka, and I did, but all their recent moping about has made it really difficult.

I like the animation, character designs, music, and setting but characters/plot are just the driving force behind any story, and it's been severely lacking in both of those aspects so far.

Lastly, Eureka and Anemone are hot. Just needed to say that.

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

#7 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

The main thing that's bothering me right now is the whole Renton/Eureka/Nirvash soap opera. I understand that Renton piloting the Nirvash better than Eureka caused some tension, but at this point I'm kind of tiring of it. Part of that is that I'm not in the mood for more of Eureka's "The Nirvash hates me" monologues. I think that the purpose has been fulfilled here, but it's still going on. I'll just have to see where it goes, I guess.

#8 LucidTurtle

LucidTurtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments.

It's taking too long to pick up, but I could just be saying that because I'm watching it weekly. And it's only episode 19 out of 50. All these fillerish episodes that don't really go anywhere don't even take the time to develop the characters. We have a whole crew and I don't know shit about more than half of them, even Gurren Lagann did a decent job in that respect.

The only time this show really gets me interested is when the villains show up. All this build-up of Huey (that was his name, I think) better be worth it.

The mindfuckery could also give Evangelion a run for its money.

I want to like Renton and Eureka, and I did, but all their recent moping about has made it really difficult.

I like the animation, character designs, music, and setting but characters/plot are just the driving force behind any story, and it's been severely lacking in both of those aspects so far.

Lastly, Eureka and Anemone are hot. Just needed to say that.

Well as i said, the story is character driven and not event driven, so if you like fighting or major plot twists you wont be happy with this anime, As for the characters, everyone of them has a good and painful story that you get to see later on. For me this anime has the best character description and devlopment from all the animes i have seen, thats why I decided to do this thread. You will thou have to wait to see it cause all of it is in the later half of seassion one...

Lastly, Eureka and Anemone are hot. Just needed to say that. LoL I think the same xD

#9 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Eureka Seven was decent, but in the end, it was a mediocre anime with an entirely screwy story.  I watched it the first time Adult Swim (I think that Toonami had ended at this point) showed it in like 2006, and I wasn't that impressed.  It was decent, but you could miss an episode here or there and it wouldn't matter at all.

ilhd1c.jpg

#10 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

The thing about it is that the original series had a strong story and good characters with only a few memorable fights in its 50ish episode run(and all of these come after the halfway point btw). AO had decent characters and a decent(if utterly confusing) story with some of the best mecha-action sequences out there.. Only problem is that they didn't leave themselves enough time for a good ending. If bones would just do one more Eureka Seven series and gave themselves more than 25 episodes to tell the story I think they'd come out with something close to a masterpiece... Oh and if they could stop themselves from doing a story full of confusing crap...More like Darker than Black less like Xam'd.

#11 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Shredow, the confusing stuff is one of the inherent problems of the ES universe though.

ilhd1c.jpg

#12 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

It doesn't have to be going forward... One of the most annoying problems Bones has consistently had with their shows is the refusal to sit down and tell us information. This is even true to a certain extent during cowboy bebop(which wasn't a Bones show, but was made by a lot of the people that went on to start bones using the money they got from the show). If you think about it, how much from the original ES is actually confusing once you look up what everyone's talking about from the internet? Not much of it, bones just likes to make its viewers piece together world building information that should be given to us from the plot.

Now ES AO is a different story because most of the confusing crap comes from time travel and alternate dimensions that just doesn't make sense until they explain it in literally the last twenty minutes of the show. ES, however, just suffered from bones withholding information like they like to do with most of their original story works. With a notable exception being Darker than Black...which didn't withhold (as much) information and as a result was a lot less confusing then say Xam'd which didn't tell us anything at all even at the end.

So if they did a sequel with the proper amount of exposition(Not too much just enough for us to know whats going on) and kept the strong writing, setting and mech fighting...we'd have a winner on our hands.

Edited by Shredow, 28 December 2012 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users