433 replies to this topic

#21 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

Now that is a crew mate I could enjoy.

Obviously this new crew member would have to be strong. Probably weevel or BM.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#22 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

We already need to cut out half the crew per arc (for some reason) what would a new crew member really do for the readers?

Dressrosa was to develop the fleet, and this time it's to cover the ones who were neglected. It'll all come together during Wano and beyond imo.

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:26 PM

Dressrosa was to develop the fleet, and this time it's to cover the ones who were neglected. It'll all come together during Wano and beyond imo.

Ya I agree this defintally won't be the new norm.

And if I am wrong about BM going down this arc. Half the SH crew being missing would be a great reason for why the SH crew couldn't defeat BM. It would save luffy from looking weak being able to say "ya well I was missing half my crew"

But you have to admit. Even before the TS, the new norm was half the SH crew getting legitimate fights. El was good then everything changed. TB franky didn't get a fight Robin and chopper goofed off. Brook didn't really do anything. Even on FI Robin and nami were neglected(classic Oda) and those were far stretches from actual fights then despite the whole crew being on PH no one got a good fight aside from luffy and even the crew luffy left behind on dr didn't really get good fights usopp kinda passed out and shot a cool shot Robin did the normal nothing...

Edited by captain kidd, 27 December 2016 - 03:28 PM.

banner.png

#24 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

Robin withstood evil Cabbage, who had the feat of shredding everybody.

#25 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:27 PM

She also shielded Rebecca from Diamante's attack.

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#26 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

Also I don't get why people get upset at the lack of Nami fights (granted she could use more), when she's defeated so far two powerful assassins. Those are better feats than Usopp.

#27 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Everybody loves Carrot, why? Because she's cute!

• Raiden, retroluffy13 and Chillman like this

272ecbe7a15c9ee0895d58afdda12601.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#28 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:28 AM

I don't care about feats I care about fights. Feats are cool and help us fans with our stupid debates but..... fights are....well.... what most people read an action manga for!!

Although personally I could care less if nami gets fights, it is just worth pointing out that Oda is already struggling to give his main characters fights. Sanji and zoro didn't even get real fights in PH. (Thank god because Sanji is boring as hell)

She also shielded Rebecca from Diamante's attack.

In the same way that ace shielded luffy from akainu.

It diamanté wasn't fodder Robbin would be gone and I would be happy and we wouldn't need these stupid red stones

Everybody loves Carrot, why? Because she's cute!

We have very different opinions in what cute is.

Seriously though isn't chopper enough of that nonsense? Someone was telling me (to my surprise and frustration) that adults read op. Like a lot of adults. Like not just me and you. So if a large portion of the target audience is adult why do we need two "cute" mascots?

banner.png

#29 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:46 AM

It's an adventure manga also.

#30 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

It's an adventure manga also.

And it fills that role really good with the full page spreads of every island and the different races living all over the world.

But it is action also. Something Oda tends to forget when he has every FI fight a full page one shot.

banner.png

#31 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

But it is action also. Something Oda tends to forget when he has every FI fight a full page one shot.

If it was anything less than a one shot then the timeskip would've been pointless. Thought you'd be happy since you hated that arc. I'm sad because I liked their designs.

#32 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

If it was anything less than a one shot then the timeskip would've been pointless. Thought you'd be happy since you hated that arc. I'm sad because I liked their designs.

Ok I never looked at it that way. It did get that bs arc over quicker.

But I don't see how actual fights would make the TS less relevant. luffy was about to die from blood loss and we don't look at him any less. And luffy got a nice little fight with hodi, it made luffy look really strong and we got to see more then one move.

banner.png

#33 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

It diamanté wasn't fodder Robbin would be gone and I would be happy and we wouldn't need these stupid red stones

And then we would never learn the secrets of the void century/world/find raftel. So that's a dumb thing to be happy about.

Robin isn't my favorite SH, she might be the one I like least with Chopper (edit: oh, wait, Brook is my least favorite totally forgot about him), but shes arguably the third most important behind Luffy and Nami. In that without her they are lost(Same with Nami).

Edited by Kurapika, 28 December 2016 - 12:17 PM.

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#34 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

Wait, Robin did not get an actual one on one since Sky island which has been like...

59522089.jpg

I would not mind if Oda does something about it... Please chance it.

#35 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

Ok I never looked at it that way. It did get that bs arc over quicker.

But I don't see how actual fights would make the TS less relevant. luffy was about to die from blood loss and we don't look at him any less. And luffy got a nice little fight with hodi, it made luffy look really strong and we got to see more then one move.

Honestly it made Hodi look strong since he was a tank.

#36 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

And then we would never learn the secrets of the void century/world/find raftel. So that's a dumb thing to be happy about.

Robin isn't my favorite SH, she might be the one I like least with Chopper (edit: oh, wait, Brook is my least favorite totally forgot about him), but shes arguably the third most important behind Luffy and Nami. In that without her they are lost(Same with Nami).

Oda reinvented how to travel the GL just to give those stones importance

If he wanted to he would find a way to tell us about the void century. Probably finding out the 4th road stone that no one knows the location of is actually in possession of the WG and when they go to get the 4th stone the 5 elder stars who are guarding it spill the beans because......manga villains....

Ya far stretch from that. They could of just asked Rey.... hell they can probably ask the cat and dog they were in the Pk's crew. And I wouldn't be surprised if when it is time for the RA arc luffy joins with dragon and he tells them the void history. (Because he heard it from someone idk who cares)

I mean ya they couldn't do it on their own but us readers would still get the story and the SH crew doesn't even need to know the history of the void century. Luffy doesn't care zoro doesn't care I would be surprised if chopper or usopp cares Sanji and nami and brook might care franky probably won't. So they would be just fine without robin

Wait, Robin did not get an actual one on one since Sky island which has been like...

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/fold...

I would not mind if Oda does something about it... Please chance it.

I would, robins powers are stupid I am glad he doesn't feel the need to let her fight.

banner.png

#37 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

We have very different opinions in what cute is.

Seriously though isn't chopper enough of that nonsense? Someone was telling me (to my surprise and frustration) that adults read op. Like a lot of adults. Like not just me and you. So if a large portion of the target audience is adult why do we need two "cute" mascots?

Chopper enough? Dude Chopper (Bropper) ain't even cute to begin with, he just look dumb.

272ecbe7a15c9ee0895d58afdda12601.gif

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#38 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

Honestly it made Hodi look strong since he was a tank.

Ya and those pills gave hodi a really convienent reason for why he was so temporarily strong. Oda could of done that for all the fishmen.

But then it would give off a "filler" feel to the whole arc. Ok maybe he did it a good way. I just can't believe after all those flashbacks we only got to see very little from the crew

banner.png

#39 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

The next nakama should:
- have a matching scar with a current member.
- not rely on DF power.
- be good swimmer.
- already have a name for himself.
- have cool quotes like "whats gone it's gone".
- be loyal.
- have bood of type F.

Why?

agreed, to rely solely on ur DF wont help if u need to stick up to the yonkous and their armies, u need brain too.

we have Sanji and perhaps Jinbei for that

well while i agree on that mostly too, but i think there r multiple ways in which Oda could explain as to why the NN perhaps chose to not get known or something the like and as long as it would be done well , i wouldnt have any problems with it.

well thats an essential trait to even be considered NN.

again why?

Maybe because people care about personality the way you two care about power?

Where did u get the idea that i dont care about personality? I care about power for sure, but nonetheless i focus on character as well, and as stated in my post i dont see Carrot to have a character that is not dull and a bad reintroduction of what we already have! She is carefree and stupid, childish even and we already have that but just much better in Chopper and Luffy! So why does Carrot strike u to have a significant character? elaborate pls as to why u think her to be of worth and what does make her special personalitywise.

#40 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Why?

agreed, to rely solely on ur DF wont help if u need to stick up to the yonkous and their armies, u need brain too.

we have Sanji and perhaps Jinbei for that

well while i agree on that mostly too, but i think there r multiple ways in which Oda could explain as to why the NN perhaps chose to not get known or something the like and as long as it would be done well , i wouldnt have any problems with it.

well thats an essential trait to even be considered NN.

again why?

Where did u get the idea that i dont care about personality? I care about power for sure, but nonetheless i focus on character as well, and as stated in my post i dont see Carrot to have a character that is not dull and a bad reintroduction of what we already have! She is carefree and stupid, childish even and we already have that but just much better in Chopper and Luffy! So why does Carrot strike u to have a significant character? elaborate pls as to why u think her to be of worth and what does make her special personalitywise.

So the joke you missed in that first quote was he was describing jimbe. He thinks jimbe should be the NN

Personally I hope jimbe at the end of this arc says
"Luffy I would love to join your crew but BM took 40years of my life and my race only lives to be 90 and I turn 50 in 2 minuets good bye forever"
Then jimbe dies just like that.
  • Abaroxa likes this

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users