• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

Well WB never injured his back and he fought tough people. Gold Roger never lost.

Ya and wb is fine. Since he was the strongest man in the world we all know he fought tough fights on his way to the top. Same with roger although roger tied with wb.

If someone like don kreig were to be undefeated it is likely he just sat back and didnt fight anyone serious.

For a real world example. Look at floyd mayweather, dude is undefeated and was at one point at the top of the boxing world. Now if i were to tell you i am undefeated..... in my one amateur fight.... that wouldnt be impressive right?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#142 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Ya and wb is fine. Since he was the strongest man in the world we all know he fought tough fights on his way to the top. Same with roger although roger tied with wb.

If someone like don kreig were to be undefeated it is likely he just sat back and didnt fight anyone serious.

For a real world example. Look at floyd mayweather, dude is undefeated and was at one point at the top of the boxing world. Now if i were to tell you i am undefeated..... in my one amateur fight.... that wouldnt be impressive right?

Well it will depend. Yes it is not as impressive but said that to someone who lets say was in a lower bracket than Mayweather. They might never be the World champion but being undefeated from middle school through amateur wouldn't you say that is impressive?

Dogtooth is one tier lower than big mom and her strongest ally. The odds are he isn't fighting weaklings.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#143 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

Well it will depend. Yes it is not as impressive but said that to someone who lets say was in a lower bracket than Mayweather. They might never be the World champion but being undefeated from middle school through amateur wouldn't you say that is impressive?

Dogtooth is one tier lower than big mom and her strongest ally. The odds are he isn't fighting weaklings.

That would be impressive in the real world.
But it is possible in the OP world dogtooth was born extremely strong and never had a real fight. I mean his mother came out of the womb able to break bears in half and even in his flashback we saw kids saying his strength is monsterous.

Think about luffy, luffy didnt leave home until he was essientally the strongest pirate in the east blue.

This wasnt dead on arrival, there were ways for oda to make this undefeated nonsense work. If dogtooth just name dropped a few big names he fought with it would of landed him some crediblity. But obviously then those bug names would look foolish for not even being able to get dogtooth on his back. Oda wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

banner.png

#144 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

That would be impressive in the real world.
But it is possible in the OP world dogtooth was born extremely strong and never had a real fight. I mean his mother came out of the womb able to break bears in half and even in his flashback we saw kids saying his strength is monsterous.

Think about luffy, luffy didnt leave home until he was essientally the strongest pirate in the east blue.

This wasnt dead on arrival, there were ways for oda to make this undefeated nonsense work. If dogtooth just name dropped a few big names he fought with it would of landed him some crediblity. But obviously then those bug names would look foolish for not even being able to get dogtooth on his back. Oda wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

I mean he should be stronger than Marco.

Well from the looks of it, he is one tier below yonko and admiral level. His fighting style he would have destroyed DD.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#145 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,537 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

I mean he should be stronger than Marco.

And that is impressive? ...

His fighting style he would have destroyed DD.

LOL no he wouldn't. He could win, but great diff anw. And that's against the injured, Bird Cage-using DD.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#146 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

And that is impressive? ...

LOL no he wouldn't. He could win, but great diff anw. And that's against the injured, Bird Cage-using DD.

DD couldn't even keep up with Gear 4. Dogtooth own Luffy Gear 4.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#147 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

You unawarely gave good example, Mayweather is undefeated but he never fought heavyweights, same goes for Kata, he obviously never fought yonko or admiral.

DD also used parasite ability.

DD should have been dead after gamma knife.  Even after that, he avoided and blitzed G4. All while using birdcage and parasite on.

• Chillman likes this

#148 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

Listen, i may or may not agree. But We all know DD has the best cop out in the histroy of manga ever, Gemma knife.

Also, luffy's g4 getting defested easier by one person then the other could come down to fighting style.

Luffy g4 was easy for dogtooth to dodge because the attacks are small and pinpointed.

Someone with larger attacks, maybe even random attacks, would be much harder for dogtooth to use coo to change his body shape.
DD is better suited to fight dogtooth.

banner.png

#149 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,537 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

DD couldn't even keep up with Gear 4.

Except that he did. He was ragdolled initially because G4 was much stronger than he thought he could block (same thing literally happened to Katakuri, only that Katakuri didn't fight Law before Luffy and so he was in much much better shape plus he didn't have to spend a portion of his fruit's strength to make a mochi dome) so there was shock factor. Later after he got hit twice and regained his sense he blitzed G4 when it did the disappearing speed and went on fighting G4 for 20 minutes. If thta's not keep up I don't know what is.

Dogtooth own Luffy Gear 4.

Which isn't done easily to DD due to his fighting style. Luffy is a close combater with only 2 hands so Katakuri could hit him with his Strength Mochi by growing them behind his back. DD on the other hand is also an awakening user who can also sprout thread chunks from all over the place to defend himself and attack from all direction.

Edited by Fulmine, 23 March 2018 - 01:58 PM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users