58 replies to this topic

#21 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Completely forgot to nominate for this.. Oh well, guess I'll vote at least. Also, Inu got completely ignored :(

#22 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Here it is 

FYI it's a simple voting system this time around. I didn't use the usual ranking system vote because it has limited options to choose from which doesn't work for me because some categories had about 8 nominations...

Feel free to ask me if you have any more questions!  

Thanks again to the many people who nominated I hope even more will vote. <3 

Edit: Also wtf at the person who nominated Vivi for best female character? I know she appeared within the chapter frame but honestly wtf she do to deserve this? I feel like I have to start restricting nominations :<_<:  

Edited by Miss Coquine, 17 January 2017 - 07:13 AM.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#23 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

why are carrot and reijiu both in the "best female character" and in the "best new female character" ? :huh:

and cracker and nekomamushi both in the "best" and "best new" ?

isn't that overlapping?

shouldn't the "best" be renamed "best already known" ? or was the overlapping intended? (while it wouldn't make much sense for the existence of a "best new" if it was intended)

there are also two "zunisha's trunk attack" in the "favorite attack" block

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#24 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

why are carrot and reijiu both in the "best female character" and in the "best new female character" ? :huh:

and cracker and nekomamushi both in the "best" and "best new" ?

isn't that overlapping?

shouldn't the "best" be renamed "best already known" ? or was the overlapping intended? (while it wouldn't make much sense for the existence of a "best new" if it was intended)

there are also two "zunisha's trunk attack" in the "favorite attack" block

The overlapping wasn't intentional it just happened the newer female characters had more screen time than the already known ones.

Limiting it to best already known character would leave us with just Nami, Vivi and BM?which probably guarantee Nami winning not because readers thought she was the best female character of the year but because she was their favorite option among the other two.*

A newly introduced character can win best new character and best female character overall. It's not a big issue it would simply mean that said character made the best impact. We shouldn't reward characters for just being there (i.e Vivi this time and Robin winning last year despite doing nothing tbh).

I'd rather the overlapping then to have to limit the category to already known characters that would just result in popularity vote. 

• Chillman likes this

#25 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

I gave my votes but you seem to have forgotten the 3 Volume Covers. For that, I vote 81

Edited by Jekkusormi, 17 January 2017 - 08:57 AM.

• Miss Coquine likes this

17.jpg

#26 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

That was cool, hard to get used to at first on a phone

My only problem was the plot twists and cliff hangers

None of those "plot twists" really changed the plot did they? I mean BB maybe but his attack was forcasted so far in advance it wasn't really shocking. I was shocked how quickly we heard about it.

And the cliff hangers, sadly knowing now how anti-climatic some of them turned out to be kinda makes me forget how awesome they felt in the moment. Like jack wanting to bring the elephant down. In the moment I was thinking "holy god this guy is insane what can't he do!" Then we find out his plan to bring down the elephant was shooting it with a cannon..... then I was thinking "this is an elephant not a 10 year old child, that cannon won't even give that thing amnesia put it away and use a poison gas bomb or idk something impressive like we thought you would"

Or sanji's last name. I mean in a very strange turn of events Oda didn't work his magic too well, usually he is great with hype but this time he fell flat some how.

But cool awards. That was fun. Hope Fuji wins most hyped. Ya I still have faith in the purple tiger.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#27 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

The overlapping wasn't intentional it just happened the newer female characters had more screen time than the already known ones.

it wasn't intentional you say, but as i get it, it was intended to allow it happening
well you're managing this, i just wanted to know if it was an error or if it was allowed, i got my answer

Limiting it to best already known character would leave us with just Nami, Vivi and BM?which probably guarantee Nami winning not because readers thought she was the best female character of the year but because she was their favorite option among the other two.*

and that is a problem, how?
was a whole year composed of only few notable characters, would adding characters from previous years work? or would it be better to just remove the category?

We shouldn't reward characters for just being there (i.e Vivi this time and Robin winning last year despite doing nothing tbh).

that sounds like adding male characters in just cause there aren't many females to nominate..

but yes, i get the point of having all the characters together, just pointing out the "new best character" feels a bit underwhelming or useless like that

I'd rather the overlapping then to have to limit the category to already known characters that would just result in popularity vote.

isn't this already a popularity vote?
or did you mean people nominating/voting their all time favorite even if they didn't appear, or did anything noticeable, in the 809-848 chapters span?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#28 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

and that is a problem, how?
was a whole year composed of only few notable characters, would adding characters from previous years work? or would it be better to just remove the category?

It wouldn't work because there is a time frame. I'm not going to remove the category.

that sounds like adding male characters in just cause there aren't many females to nominate..

Not sure what you mean by this as male/female categories are seperated.

but yes, i get the point of having all the characters together, just pointing out the "new best character" feels a bit underwhelming or useless like that

Ok

isn't this already a popularity vote?
or did you mean people nominating/voting their all time favorite even if they didn't appear, or did anything noticeable, in the 809-848 chapters span?

Well oviously as I mentioned with Robin last year. Her involment in Dressrosa arc was limited yet she won only because she's OMF fave character. It's no big deal at the end of the day but yes I'd like people not to vote for their faves and actually think things through.

#29 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

"Not sure what you mean by this as male/female categories are seperated."

it was an example (didn't want to add "this is an example/analogy"....)

in the same way the "best characters" and "best new characters" are separated

anyway, peace, we'll see how surprising the results will be

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#30 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

I'd like people not to vote for their faves and actually think things through.

Rip

#31 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

Too bad Ichiji didn't pass to the hype characters of 2017 voting rounds since i'm not even sure Kaido will do anything this year and I kind of regret I didn't nominated  him  in the hype characters of 2017.

#32 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:10 AM

@Zeando

It's just like the Best Rookie category in movie/music award. I literally fail to see the problem you are having. If someone is so good that 1 year is enough for him/her to be the best character in the series then so be it and otherwise the situation's solved.

Ya I still have faith in the purple tiger.

Better wish his next fight is not against post-TS Enel-sama.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#33 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

@Zeando
It's just like the Best Rookie category in movie/music award. I literally fail to see the problem you are having. If someone is so good that 1 year is enough for him/her to be the best character in the series then so be it and otherwise the situation's solved.

Better wish his next fight is not against post-TS Enel-sama.

Oh no, I can see it now. His next apperence he will walk into the reverie hold up his hand, and reveal he is holding the heads of all 7 warlords, of which there is only 5 currently..... again... god the warlords suck.... ok so he will have 5 of their heads, yes this does take a little joy from Zoro killing mihawk himself but this is necessary for the story.

banner.png

#34 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

Oh no, I can see it now. His next apperence he will walk into the reverie hold up his hand, and reveal he is holding the heads of all 7 warlords, of which there is only 5 currently..... again... god the warlords suck.... ok so he will have 5 of their heads, yes this does take a little joy from Zoro killing mihawk himself but this is necessary for the story.

Oh no you didn't say that. Mihype so strong he can even beat Shanks the Emperor. He can even beat everyone cause he's so cool.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#35 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

Oh no you didn't say that. Mihype so strong he can even beat Shanks the Emperor. He can even beat everyone cause he's so cool.

Hahahaha my question is, if Fuji defeated mihawk by dropping an asteroid on his head. Would that make Fuji the worlds strongest swordsman?

Someone mentioned this is a parody but it makes you think. Why doesn't a DF powered swordsman try for the title? Surely WB could of taken that title with his quake spear

Edited by captain kidd, 18 January 2017 - 08:28 AM.

banner.png

#36 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Edit: Also wtf at the person who nominated Vivi for best female character? I know she appeared within the chapter frame but honestly wtf she do to deserve this? I feel like I have to start restricting nominations :<_<:

Oh snap! Don't tell me I was the only one voting for Vivi. Hahah. There was no other female character to grab my attention, not because I'm part of her fandom because I'm not. I dont even like the character but in those 3 quarters of a chapter she appeared, she reminded me of an awesome arc (alabasta) and she was not annoying at all which for her is a great step. She even jumped higher than she ever jumped before, thats better than the rest of the characters. Smoothie didn't show up enough, big mom is a "?" for me because I need the the end of totto land arc to know whether I like her or not and carrot is to cute to be taken seriously.
  • Miss Coquine likes this

#37 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Oh snap! Don't tell me I was the only one voting for Vivi. Hahah. There was no other female character to grab my attention, not because I'm part of her fandom because I'm not. I dont even like the character but in those 3 quarters of a chapter she appeared, she reminded me of an awesome arc (alabasta) and she was not annoying at all which for her is a great step. She even jumped higher than she ever jumped before, thats better than the rest of the characters. Smoothie didn't show up enough, big mom is a "?" for me because I need the the end of totto land arc to know whether I like her or not and carrot is to cute to be taken seriously.

This was literally the golden arc for female characters how can you nominate one that didn't do anything......

Rejiu
Pudding
Carrot
Bluree
Smoothie
BM
Lola (kinda)
Even sanji's mom for gods sake.

We have never had this many prominent female characters in any arc and you chose one that didn't even do anything.......

That is funny as hell, nice one!
  • Raiden likes this

banner.png

#38 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:13 AM

This was literally the golden arc for female characters how can you nominate one that didn't do anything......

Rejiu
Pudding
Carrot
Bluree
Smoothie
BM
Lola (kinda)
Even sanji's mom for gods sake.

We have never had this many prominent female characters in any arc and you chose one that didn't even do anything.......

That is funny as hell, nice one!

Bluree - annoying evil character.
Pudding - before chap 848 she was a 1 dimension character.
BM - need to see this arc through.
Reiju - I voted as best new female.
Smoothie - she was introduced in chap 846, I just dont know her enough
Lola - didn't appear in 2016.
Carrot - annoying cute.
Sanji mom - too sick for me to properly analyse her.

Well some of those points are as if they were made by a hard head kid that doesn't want to change is opinion but still understand that I dont care :P
To be honest I will most likely pick pudding next year even though I dont like her or what she represents. I pick characters that grab my attention and make me jump through different feelings. Vivi brought the feeling of nostalgia so she wins.

#39 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:09 AM

It's fine. Didn't mean to shame you for your choice lol.

#40 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

Bluree - annoying evil character.
Pudding - before chap 848 she was a 1 dimension character.
BM - need to see this arc through.
Reiju - I voted as best new female.
Smoothie - she was introduced in chap 846, I just dont know her enough
Lola - didn't appear in 2016.
Carrot - annoying cute.
Sanji mom - too sick for me to properly analyse her.

Well some of those points are as if they were made by a hard head kid that doesn't want to change is opinion but still understand that I dont care :P
To be honest I will most likely pick pudding next year even though I dont like her or what she represents. I pick characters that grab my attention and make me jump through different feelings. Vivi brought the feeling of nostalgia so she wins.

Lola's flashback wasn't part of 2016? Oh I am really bad at remembering chapter numbers.

Well don't get me wrong I only made the list because in my head I couldn't believe how many females we got this arc. If I have learned one thing growing up it is that it is impossible to change anyone's opinion about anything. (You can help someone make up their mind but can't change it.) so I wouldn't try to convince you your vote was wrong or anything.

When I think of vivi all I think of is the worst part of alabasta. And the crew cared so little about her they let a woman that tortured her join them.
  • Raiden likes this

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users